Players to watch in the new season

Discussion in 'England' started by Placid Casual, Jul 15, 2014.

1. MUFC1

MUFC1 Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok right, I've got 10 minutes so I thought I would write a little about all emerging united players (I only follow united youth and a little of Chelsea when I get time) starting oldest to youngest whom I think are the most significant to watch:

1. Reece James 20 - very clever, tenically excellent LB who I beleive will make it as back up to Shaw this season or at least gain a place in the first team squad.

2. Tyler Blackett 20 - has been very good pre season, fantastic long passing. Might play a part in the first team this season, he has been better than Jonny Evans.

2. Ben Pearson 19 - Has been regularly invited to train with the first team since the squad arrived back at pre-season. Very comfortable on the ball, quick decision maker and I think Van Gaal will take to him.

3. Joe Rothwell 19 - Very unlucky with injuries. Good dribbler passer and all rounder who likes to burst forward, needs an injury free season and a good run of form.

4. James Wilson 18 - could push his way into the first team soon. Naturally extremely talented, needs to work on a few tactical and technical things still according to Joyce but I can see him getting some games at least in the CoC and possibly the PL.

Marcus Rashford 16 - Always labeled as a very good talent and right now probably Manchesters best for his age group. Has started to adapt after growing probably a foot in the space of a year. Technically fantastic, scores goals, beats players good vision. Similar to Morrison in a way. There are high hopes for him at United. He's got extremely tough competition for England what with Crowley Solanke etc but I would put him on that sort of level.

Demetre Mitchell 17 - Has started to step up as well, though I'm not totally convinced about him

Callum Gribbin 15 - very rare to find a player with his intelligence, vision and passing ability at such a young age. Again, he has very stiff competition with others at his age who stand out more with their pace and flair. Technically, however, I think he is as good as any of them perhaps bar Edwards and will carve out a good career for himself. Will likely be playing U18s football this season as he is in the squad photo.

Zach Dearnley 15 - Very high hopes for him at united. Very fast and skilfull. Could be one of those players that develops later. He lacks the creative side now but he is definitely one to watch and will likely be playing U18 football this season with Gribbin.

Williams 15 - technically as good a defender as I've ever seen at this age, but he get sbeaten far too easily and has a lot to do. Could be a top top defender though and will also likely be playing U18 football next season

Angel Gomes 13 - August 31 2000 birthday but regularly plays 2 years ahead of his age. Extraordinary ability, CM/AM.
    Doubfull but he may even get a few U18 games. Called up to England U15 training 1 year ahead of schedule. Portuguese decent though I beleive he has lived most of his life in England

Luke Thompson 14 - Plays a year ahead of his age more often than not. Likely to play VS matches and is in the most recent U16 squad. Don't know too much about him other than that though tbh.

Finally I thought it worth a mention (despite the fact these players wont be visible for a years), there are 2 players in uniteds U13s that regularly win player of the tournament awards in European tournaments even with the inclusion of Ajax, Real, Barca etc and one has done so ahead of his age group. Wouldn't want to name names at such a young age but one of them in particular has built up quite a big rep for himself in Europe.

2. khoazany

khoazany Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #27 khoazany, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    It's Lewis Thompson...Gomes was called up by Portugal I believe but I didn't see it being mentioned officially anywhere.

I don't think Williams should be rated any higher than Borthwick-Jackson or Tuanzebe in terms of talent.Early days for him though.

In a side note,Gribbin,Dearnley,Williams (as mentioned above) plus Tyrell Warren,Faustin Makela and Jake Kenyon are all included in United U18s squad photo so all of them will be part of the U18s this season.

3. PL206

PL206 New Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I think I know who you mean, u13's for the coming season right?

4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He can't say. His life wouldn't be worth it.

khoazany repped this.
  5. blackman

blackman Member

Apr 12, 2011
    norf london
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This season should be THE season (for different reason) of:
    Callum Chambers, Tom Carroll, Jack Butland, Gary Gardner, Tyler Blackett, Eric Dier, Jon Flanagan, Jordon Ibe, Jack Rodwell, Joe Gomez, Patrick Roberts, Cauley Woodrow, Pat Bamford, Calum Chambers, Nat Chalobah, Max Clayton, James Wilson , Michael Keane, Chuba Akpom.

6. MUFC1

MUFC1 Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeh. One of them was named player of the tournament for the MIC and Milk cup so it's probably published on the internet somewhere, but I know the club wouldn't even tell spectators at the games what the names of the players were.

7. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    James Bree is a 16 year old who play's for Barnsley and can play at right back, center half and midfield and is definitely one the big clubs will be after sooner or later.

8. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    This is a very good thread.

I see Brad Smith was mentioned here earlier. Might as well cross him off the list as he has decided to play for Australia.

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Liam Moore has done well so far this season.

Cevno repped this.
  10. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shawcross is playing really well, I think he's a better player than Jagielka now.

11. MidfieldGeneral

MidfieldGeneral New Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Ok, so some of my Pompey Boys: Jed Wallace, Adam Webster and Bradeley Tarbuck.

12. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The path to first team action looks clearer now for Akpom - even with Welbeck back next game - he got another sub appearance today for Arsenal (on 70 mins).

He could still of course go out on loan, and does need a goodly amount of first team action somewhere.

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    After the week end derby game Ibe has now hit the headlines - would have been even more so if that shot had gone the other side of the post. Still, it a start.