Players Signings for the W-league

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by DCunited11, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Paul, the reason the Wildcats do not schedule games earlier is that most of their fans are still playing at that time.

2. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Yes, they are suppose to play the Washington Freedom Club team around the first of July in Indiana, exact location not known at this time.

3. katie14

katie14 Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Ohio
    The WPSL team Ajax of Southern California has Shannon Boxx and Abby Wambach listed on their roster. Former WUSA player Brooke O'Hanley is also listed on the roster.

4. Mexicana

Mexicana New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Mexico City
    Could you help me to confirm if there are any other Mexican players in the WPSL?
    As far as I know Mónica González is playing at the California Storm, Jéssica Romero is at the San Diego Sea Lions, Jennifer Molina at the New England Mutiny, Patricia Pérez and Fátima Leyva at the Indiana FC, someone in Las Vegas Tabagators told me that they have Jéssica Torres with them, and I'm not sure about Mónica Gerardo at the Steel City Sparks, Vanessa Martínez and Carla Novi at the Houston Stars and a handfull of latin names in other several teams that I have no idea if they have Mexican backgrounds.

5. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could someone explain player registrations and how it is possible for players to be registered to play on both a W-League and WPSL team? It was my understanding that you only have one USSF player registration and it is held by the club you play for. Just wondering how this works, because both teams are registered with USSF. :confused:

6. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that is that:

1. The roster on the site is wrong.

2. The team is "using" the name of the player to grab attention, but she is really not registered.

3. Many of these players are signing with teams as "guest" players.

Don't know how legit (3) is, but it seems some of the players have only committed to playing a couple of games for the teams they are registerd for.

7. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP

She lives there year round

8. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Lori Fair signs with the WILDCATS (Not Confirmed)

The United States Soccer Federation announced today that four New Jersey Wildcats players have been called in for the United States Women's National Team camp leading up to the team's first home match of 2005. USWNT head coach Greg Ryan has called Cat Reddick, Heather O'Reilly, and Lindsay Tarpley in for the camp along with a fourth Wildcats player whose signing will be announced later this week. The USWNT will face Canada on June 26 at 3 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex in Virginia Beach, VA. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN2.

9. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    I Originally posted that Lorrie Fair would be signed, never thought it would be Welsh.... I did not get my original posting confirmed

The New Jersey Wildcats added another star to their lineup today with the announcement of the signing of United States Women's National Team forward Christie Welsh. The addition of Welsh gives the Wildcats five players with full USWNT experience including four players that have been called up for the June 26 game against Canada in Virginia Beach. Welsh will be available for this Saturday's game against the Long Island Lady Riders pending the receipt of her international clearance from France, where she was recently playing for Olympique Lyonnais.