Players Signings for the W-league

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by DCunited11, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ottawa Fury Signings

Four Key Fury Players Return

2. tampasm

tampasm New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    tampa
    Danielle Fotopoulous has also signed with the Orlando Krush.

3. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lady Lynx add 2 Internationals

4. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    NJ Wildcats have officially announced the signing of Cat Reddick and Lindsay Tarpley. Here's a link:

http://www.njwildcats.com/home/96816.html

'The New Jersey Wildcats made a big move to bolster their roster today with the announcement that United States Women’s National Team standouts Cat Reddick and Lindsay Tarpley will join the team for the 2005 season. With Reddick leading the defense and with Tarpley on the attacking end, the Wildcats will be looking for a return trip to the W-League Championship game. The addition of the two international stars gives the Wildcats three gold medalists on their roster for 2005 along with forward Heather O’Reilly.'

Should be fun to watch!

5. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    doesnt brandi chastain play for some league in CA? i remember reading that somewhere, but i cant find it again...and i thought she was playing on the same team as sissi also!

6. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    i found it!

it is the WPSL

awesome...too bad there arent any teams around me to watch :-(

but i can still write them and get AUTOS!

7. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Canada’s Latham, USWNT’s Benson Coming to New Jersey
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR RELEASE ON: April 21, 2005

The New Jersey Wildcats made the second significant roster announcement in a week today with the signing of Canadian Women’s National Team forward Christine Latham and United States Women’s National Team defender Jenny Benson. Both players were standouts in the now defunct WUSA – Latham with the San Diego Spirit and Benson with the Philadelphia Charge. The signing of Latham and Benson follows the announcement last Friday that USWNT stars Cat Reddick and Lindsay Tarpley will also join the Wildcats this season.

8. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    The Wildcats - women's soccer's version of the Galacticos? Maybe. Look at whom they've signed in the last month alone; Reddick, Tarpley, LeBlanc; they re-upped O'Reilly, and imagine them when Smith and Pichon come back from Euro '05 duty. :D

9. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Wildcats signed Kate Sands(From last years team) and Lissette Brandão(Her sister was a wildcat last year)

10. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Central Florida Krush signings

Olympian, National team members sign

Hmmm - I thought that I saw some mention of Fotop signing with someone else... (edit - see the WPSL Steel City announcement from the other day.)

11. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mile-High Mustangs signings

Mustangs announce first set of players

The article also mentions the raiding (although they don't call it that ;) ) of the WPSL Denver Diamonds, picking up the top 3 players...

12. Dartsoc

Dartsoc New Member

May 16, 2004
    Kristin Luckenbill signs with Burlington

13. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you going to have a internship with Charlotte? Are any of the Dutch players coming back?

14. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Defense Crew Returns to Wildcats
    Willis twins, McNamara, Young Back in New Jersey

FOR RELEASE ON: May 3, 2005

The New Jersey Wildcats made a move to restock their defensive ranks with the announcement today that the women’s soccer club has re-signed Janine Willis, Rochelle Willis, Beth McNamara, and Bonnie Young. The four return to a Wildcats defense that allowed just five goals in 14 regular season games last season. In addition, McNamara and the Willis sisters started all four playoff games as the Wildcats advanced to the 2004 W-League Championship game.

Add Cat Reddick and Jenny Benson = LeBlanc should get plenty of rest in goal

15. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just in, The Wildcats have signed every single starter from the 2004 World Cup.

And the original members of Menudo.

16. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP

Do I detect a little bitterness, it was only the entire olympic team, minus the retirees (But I hear they will make appearences if the Cats go to the finals)

Other teams could have tried to sign them.....

17. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not bitterness, I just find this so repetitive. My guess (and I am being a little cynical) is that the weekly press-releases on a "new top signing" are a little advertising and a little gamesmanship on the organizations part.

But I will say, NJ did this last year, signing Smith, Pichon and others and the team ran through everyone during the regular season. But at the end they just could not close the deal in the Championship.

So sign away NJ. You are definitely the front-runner right now. But let's see if you can come together as a team and win the Championship.

That is the great thing about sports. You can put together an all-star cast but the game still needs to be played against an opponent.

18. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    They did not do bad last year, lost on Penalty kicks, plus, Kelly Smith had the misfortune of being injured.

But, you want the 2 best to play in the final match. made for a pretty good game

19. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    :D

Seriously, Charlie Naimo has an embarrassment of riches on his roster, and how does he placate all of them, especially those who have been on the Wildcats from the get-go? His balancing act will be one of the things to watch this year. Too bad the Pirates and Wildcats have their openers on the same day (Pirates at 3PM, NJ at 7:30). I wish the latter would take a cue from the former and schedule a few games for the afternoon on Saturdays.

Chargefan, do you still have a seat on the proverbial bus for the pre-season get-together on the 15th? I was wondering if you go by the Trenton rail station since I don't think I can get to K of P. It would be better for me to take the R7 to Trenton and hope for getting a ride from there to the restaurant. If not, then no big. I'll get up there somehow this summer. :)

20. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Where would be a good place to meet up, I don't think i would be going past the Trenton rail station(I don't know where it is) I have to go thru KOP to get to the turnpike, then up thru trenton, i could make a stop off if it is not off the path too much

Oh, and the other team they met in the finals was also an all star team

21. A Fan

A Fan New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    Yes, I am interning with the Eagles. We have our first game next Friday against Bradenton!

Yes, I believe some but not all of the Dutch girls will be back but I can't confirm that.

22. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Thought I would post that I was @ the Lady Lynx vs. Vermont Lady Voltage game today and was very surprised to see who was in goal for the Lady Voltage .... none other than Kristin Luckenbill.

She looked familiar from a far as I was watching and I thought it was her. Didn't know she had signed with Vermont, but I guess she's the player they were touting in their PR as the player(s) with USWNT experience with connection to the Vermont area (although, I do not see what that connection is...).

23. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Doesn't Vermont have some Skiing.....

24. big papi

big papi New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    The Charlotte Eagles have signed Kelly (Wilson) Schmedes (Texas/U-21s), Keeley Dowling (TN/U-21s) and Lindsey Jones (NY Power).

Full release

25. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I see on the FC Indiana wbsite that they are playing California and Chicago. Is that California Storm and which Chicago team? Chicago no longer has WPSL team. It has Chicago Gaels which are in the W-League. They also play Washington. Is that the Freedom? Can anyone straighten this out for me?