Players PotY nominations

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Scottish_Morton, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    SPL nominees: Paul Hartley, Stillian Petrov, Kris Boyd, Rudi Skacel

First Division nominees: John Rankin (Ross County), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone), Kirk Broadfoot (St Mirren), Alex Neill (Hamilton Academical), Tom Brighton (Clyde)

Second Divison nominees: James Grady (Gretna), Ryan McGuffie (Gretna), Jim McAllister (Morton), Bobby Linn (Peterhead)

Third Division nominees: Colin Cramb (Stenhousemuir), Chris McGroarty (Berwick Rangers), Markus Paatelainen (Cowdenbeath), Jordan Smith (East Stirlingshire)

SPL Young Player Nominees: Shaun Maloney, Steven Naismith, Kris Boyd, Chris Burke

IMO Hartley has been the best player in the SPL this season. Shaun Maloney for young PotY, although 4 very good nominees there.

2. Benin Dahomey

Benin Dahomey New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenock, Scotland
    my choices:

spl: hartley

first: rankin

second: mcallister (although i'd be surprised if it didn't go to one of the gretna lads)

third: i've not followed the third at all this year, but it would be good to see the guy from east stirling get it.

spl young player: burke

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Not a public poll? Regardless, I think it needs to go to Boyd. He has answered all of the question marks surrounding him and has been a key play for both Kilmarnock and Rangers this season.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    It seems that Maloney is up for the main award as well, typical BBC missed that earlier...

5. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    It seems now that the BBC have decided that Hartley isn't up for the award. They've really outdone themselves over this one.

6. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    spl: Boyd orginanly till I saw this bit of info. Of those 32 goals just six have come against sides in the top half, only three against the top five in the table and none against the top two. Oh, and none in Europe either. Mmm, doesn’t look quite so impressive now does it? So I will go with Maloney.

first: I would have to go with Broadfoot here.

second: Grady

third:I as well have not seen any third.

spl young player: burke