Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wrong thread lol

Inb4 he gets called up for the olympics

SupaMario repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you guys keeping track of Federico Girotti?

He makes his professional debut and literally the first ball he touches ends in goal (and to top it off it's the game winner):

He's subbed-in in no other than a Superclasico in the Bombonera with the game down 1-0, and just 6 minutes later he scores the 1-1:

A month later he's subbed in during a Copa Argentina match, and scores within 7 minutes of entering the pitch:

He finally gets first opportunity to start vs. Atletico Tucuman....... and he scores 2 goals in a match that finishes 2-1:

Even then, Gallardo takes his time with the kid and brings him back down to earth by putting him on the bench following his brace.

He plays 25 minutes vs. Colon and doesn't score, but in the following game vs. Central Cordoba he comes in for the final ten minutes and scores within 60 seconds:

I swear you can't makes this shit up... he barely plays 10-15 minutes and always scores. An opportunist to say the least, the kid has shown excellent finishing and technique, but even moreso a standout aerial presence. He had an opportunity to join Torino last year before even taking his first steps in Primera, but decided to stay in Argentina and fully flesh out before moving abroad.

One to keep an eye on..

3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Crespoesque those finishes. Hopefully he continues to work hard and shine and become another star.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mallorca coach Luis Garcia admits that the only reason he isn't playing Luka Romero is because he hasn't renewed his contract with the club :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

"Es un jugador que yo no voy a tener, pero cuando sea mío apuesto por él al cien por cien. Tiene una calidad tremenda, mucho futuro, es un cielo entrenando, pero no le puedo dar minutos a un jugador que no ha renovado con nosotros"

It's not like the kid is going to be a free agent at the end of the season if he didn't renew.... according to transfermarkt he has a deal with them until June 2023.

Anyway, it looks like Mallorca will be back in La Liga next season, so hopefully they sort this out sooner than later.

megamac20817 and SupaMario repped this.
  5. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    wow I was wondering where he’s been the past few weeks? It’s dirt bag move but Luka should sign and move forward. Too young to start over in a new club.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gonzalo Sosa who is about 16 from Racing’s youth side is supposedly being linked to a lot of big clubs. His manager stated that he’ll be meeting with Madrid in the upcoming days since they are also interested in him.

We’ve heard this before. But let’s see what the future holds.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes. Future geriátrico. :D

SupaMario repped this.
  8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Boca has an interesting group of young midfielders in Almendra, Varela and Medina. In my opinion, Varela is the one with the most potential, but we'll see.

Duchene2Mackinnon and SupaMario repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    SupaMario repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully he follows Lautaro's footsteps and stays in Avellaneda..

Not long ago el toro confessed that he had turned down an offer from Real Madrid when he was 18 because he wanted to triumph in Racing before moving to Europe.. In all honesty, that decision just might have saved his career.

And look at the turns life gives you. Now with all his success in Racing and Inter, he's regularly being linked to Real and other top european clubs once again.

That's the path to take, assuming this Sosa kid is any good to begin with

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think a move there could be tricky for him. Vickery once said “You’re not just buying the player, you’re also buying the person.” At that age, moving away to somewhere that vastly different is difficult.

But he’s talented.

I concur. I’ve seen clips of him and he does seem interesting. But again, anybody can look good in a highlight reel. European clubs don’t value youngsters. A few million to buy him is a drop in the bucket. Nothing to lose.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd like Velasco to stay in Argentina for at least one or two more years, I think it would benefit him, and it would also be be good for Independiente and for our league. Unfortunately with Independiente's financial issues it's going to be tempting for the club to sell him ASAP.

SupaMario repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think I recall a time in my life when Independiente wasn't suffering from financial turmoil. I understand practically all the Argentine sides struggle with finances, but it seems el rojo is always on the verge of bankruptcy and in extreme desperation to sell.

What a poorly managed club.

SupaMario repped this.
  14. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Batistat will use the two friendlies with the U-23 to get ready for the Olympics. We play Denmark and Saudi Arabia this week. This is the "rumored" starting 11 against Denmark;

Jeremías Ledesma;
    Andrés Herrera, Nehuen Pérez, Facundo Medina, Claudio Bravo;
    Tomás Belmonte, Martín Payero; Carlos Valenzuela, Thiago Almada, Agustín Urzi;
    Ezequiel Ponce.

No Adolfo Gaich??!!?!? He has not been able to impressed on the senior team, I think he could use a few more rounds with the Youth Team, imo.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They beat Denmark 2-1. Good win. Didn’t watch but nevertheless a positive step forward.

16. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    soul24rage, Loco and locoxriver repped this.
  17. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He needs to make this one count. Right about now we will be able to tell if he is what he was touted as, or is he just the next Bojan Krkic (no offense to Bojan)

18. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Valentin Barco 16 year old for boca should make his debut today.

19. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

20. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    From the little I've seen, I really like the look of Facundo Farías from Colón. Surely won't be staying in Argentina for much longer.

21. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Almada close to an … MLS move sigh what a bust

soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, what a waste...

Unfortunately with our fragile economy and MLS’s stability, it seems we’re going to have to get used to these type of moves happening regularly now

soul24rage and Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  23. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I’m used to it. But as soon as they make that move it’s best to just write them off. I gave barco a chance followed him and even watched a few mls games but the legaue is absolutely a joke.

Side note I post on another board and a guy argued that USA will be better than Argentina in 10 years loool.

locoxriver repped this.
  24. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Watching boca this barco is making waves. Boca kinda forced to play him but at 16-17 years old he looks like a crack

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina