Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Luka scored a delightful goal. Will post a video when I find it. But man a debut goal.

locoxriver repped this.
  2. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    1333124641993449473 is not a valid tweet id

His 16th bday was 2 weeks ago no?

megamac20817, SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  3. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sarmiento linked with City. For 20 million. Damn that sucks.

Loco repped this.
  4. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I watched Lanus/Independiente not the most exciting match for sure. Pedro had his moments but I was left a little disappointed in Velasco during the match. He was largely anonymous.

5. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Watched the rematch. Pedro again a bit quiet but did help set up the 2nd goal. He's one of those players that generates excitement even when he's not lights out good. I have been impressed by the younger keeper Morales for Lanus. Looked abit shaky at times today but has been brilliant otherwise. He's 21 years old and by the looks of it just became the #1. One to watch since the NT is starved for keepers.

6. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Watching Lanus/Velez all the kids played great but the man of the match was Morales. He should be on the Olympic squad.
    Velez took way too long in subbing on Almada and Orellano. Both came on and did more than any other attacker. Luca more the aggressor. He looks like a crack

7. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Morales what are you doing? Wow

8. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I’ve just had a quick look at the match statistics without watching at the game at all.

Velez had 8 shots on target but no goals.

How good was that young Lanus goalkeeper?

9. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

My comment was about him almost costing his team the tie.... trying to waste time he left the ball on ground and the velez player knocked it away but was called back for a foul.

I’ve seen about 5 games from him and he looks good. Very athletic, reflexes are top notch. Good in the air. Plays with a bit of swagger. Kind of naive and his inexperience as highlighted above shows bury he definitely should be on the Olympic squad. Reminds me of Rulli let’s just hope he has better mentality. Early days though we see.

10. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Argh Palacios and Almada both put their futures at risk today. For various reasons, SMH.

Loco repped this.
  11. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Matias Palacios set to join FC Basel of Switzerland. Ehhh. Not sure why San Lorenzo did this. They only got $6.3 million fee for 50% of his rights, and the kid is only 18 years old. IMO, he has a high ceiling and in just 2-3 seasons in Argentina he could've gotten a lot better and San Lorenzo would've made out better. Its a short-term thinking that is killing clubs in Latin America. I would've loved for San Lorenzo to have kept both Gaich and Matias; truly hurts Argentinean domestic futbol.

SupaMario repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Historically, Argentine clubs have always been shorted by Europeans, and now with the pandemic things are even worse. Look at the pennies a relatively big club like Lyon was offering for Montiel (€4M), who at the moment is a NT starter. Or Martinez Quarta, another NT starter who left for an initial 6M sum to Fiore... unfortunately, given the times, a $6M+ sale that reserves CASLA 50% of a potentially juicy future transfer is good business. Plus you never know if the kid is going to flop and you’re going to get another offer like this again.

It is sad though to never see these pibes materialize in Primera. As you said, a Gaich-Palacios duo could have brought important things for el cuervo, but I guess we’ll never know.

SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup. Buying them at such a discount, they could afford to have them on the bench. This hurts their development. Just a bad time for our futbol.

14. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Basel is actually not a bad place to go to. They regularly get European football and have developed some quality players like Salah.

It’s certainly a better place than MLS or Russia.

As for Almada...

15. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree its better than MLS or Russia but Palacios hasn't even broke into San Lorenzo. He was starved for mins, terrible move to go to Europe IMO. It could work out but I'm worried about his future. Another lost year this early would be tragic.

Almada I dont even know what to say.

Loco repped this.
  16. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    San Lorenzo is broke; well, Argentine football is broke. But in CASLA's case, between Tinelli and Lammens they've really done a number on the club's finances, like hundreds of millions in bounced checks bad.

17. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Avila starting his first game for Rosario. Nice to see.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exequiel Zeballos is another name that is being linked to some of Europe’s elite over the last few weeks. Could be just smoke but there is a little bit of hype about this kid. I’d like to see how he develops this year.

Loco repped this.
  20. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    First he should establish himself at boca. He was the worse talent between him and Palacios in the u17. Had high hopes for both of them though. I like his teammate Avila too. NT is blessed!

21. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    U23 Team for Japan

Attached Files:

22. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anyone watching Medina in Boca? Seems like he's a staple for the starting spot.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, it appears the likes of Milan, Juve, Napoli, Inter are all interested in Luka Romero. Mallorca are trying to put a deal together to keep him but it is a struggle.

Furthermore, that meeting he had last year, in October/Nov with the Spanish federation, he rejected their call-up. He’s said he’s been in contact with Aimar and and wants to represent Argentina.

I’ve looked at his stats and stats alone for Mallorca for this season. He’s featured 10x for them this season and he’s scored 2’goals(Granted they were in the same game). I mean, for a kid who isn’t even 17 year, that’s pretty damn impressive considering he is playing against grown men. He is still getting praised.

Oh, and Mexico also tried to get him as well. But again, he wants to represent Argentina, as his idols are Messi and Dybala.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  24. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The depth that is currently available in defence is quite something, miles better than it was only a few years ago.

Right back
    Montiel, Molina, Foyth

Left back
    Acuna, Tagliafico, Medina

Central defence
    Romero, Quarta, Lisandro, Senesi, Pezzella, Balerdi

Goalkeeper
    Emi Martinez, Musso, Marchesin, Benitez

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles