Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Progressing nicely and doing well in the Youth CL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=ca4YO0Trt4U

Very comfortable on the ball, takes on players with ease, subtle changes of pace and body and a keen eye for a pass. Pops up in the right areas to score goals as well.

Suffered an injury in mid January to his right leg and no news since then on any recovery which is a bit concerning. Hopefully Velez get proper compensation for the kid being stolen from them. An absolute disgrace.

SupaMario repped this.
  2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who knows what the Argentina team will be in 2022. However I would like to see a tandem of Foyth and Asascibar anchoring the midfield. Both are good at covering ground, anticipation and recovery of the ball and then distributing it with accuracy. It is a sad omission that Santiago has been left out of this WC.

Since when have we been scared of playing kids ? Mascherano was played in 2006 along with Messi. Their quality was known even though their first team football was not huge in number of games. Ditto for Asascibar.

His game has been improving week on week especially in his work with the ball out of defence, passing and tactical discipline. Dubbed the Machine by the Stuttgart fans he is a huge favourite and one of the top performers in his role in the BL surpassing the likes of Arturo Vidal.

He is immensely tough and reminds me very much of Kante in his style of play and of course stature. I am sure and there are rumours Bayern are watching him closely he will progress to a 'bigger' club soon and we will have great options in this position with him & Foyth and Caseres. All three are the epitome of the modern defensive midfielder.

There will be a clearout of the older players post WC. I would like to see Santiago brought into the team. He could well form the spine of the new side and become the DM general role that was capably held by Mascherano.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Inter are rumored to be interested in Nico González of Argentinos Juniors.

4. Napoleon_BA

Napoleon_BA Member

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    CA Lanús
    Zanetti is cherry picking talent from his homeland.

(Is Zanetti still a VP at Inter?)

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He has some role, I cannot think of it right now.

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is Vice President. Still doing his charity work through his foundation in Argentina and with FIFA/UEFA while being an ambassador for Internazionale. I'm sure his presence would help any young Argentine coming to that club. And I would hope they learn from his example of hard work and humility that makes him one of my favourite ever players.

Internazionale have always been a place where Argentine players are highly regarded mainly since the late eighties although Attilio Demaria and Antonio Angellilo were a few of the most notable Argentine players later oriundi in the Azzurri team before this influx.

megamac20817 and SupaMario repped this.
  7. Napoleon_BA

Napoleon_BA Member

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    CA Lanús
    I was watching some video(s?) of Giovanni Simeone last night and reading a description of his style of play and I can see Sampaoli taking a look at him in friendlies this fall.

He presses high, he's got a motor that doesn't stop, he's tough, he can dribble, he can shoot, he can provide assists, he can play anywhere along the front 3 (Sampaoli likes parts that are interchangeable.)

Lautaro & Gio could be the jackhammers that Sampaoli puts up front in his high energy, high pressing, bigger/more talented Chilean National Team style.

SupaMario repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gio has had a couple good seasons in Italy. He had 12 goals in his first season and 14 this season, including a hat-trick v Napoli. I want to see continue to grow like Icardi did, who who went from scoring 9 and 10 goals and then jumping to 22. I would like to see Gio get close to 20 goals next season, maybe target 17-19 goals.

If the likes of Dybala and Icardi stay in Italy, the Serie A will a fun watch for the future forwards of the seleccion.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nicolás González from Argentinos Juniors may be moving to Stuttgart, according to reports. He's been linked to Cagliari but Germany could be his new destination. I don't think he'll get immediate minutes like Ascacibar but it could possibly be a good place for him to continue to learn his craft.

10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I reckon he could. Stuttgart are obviously developing links over in Argentina with scouts and it is a middling team with less pressure to bear. He impresses in Stuttgart II no reason he can force his way into first team football. Plenty of ability with not much discipline. Odd little player almost a wing forward of yesteryear.

11. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm a bit troubled by the idea that likely the best thing that could happen for our NT is for our very best prospects to emigrate to a country with actual development policies.

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With the Argentine diaspora, the economic situation and kids leaving far too early many of them are ending up in foreign academies aged 10. I do wonder what effect this will have on their natural style. But it seems and worrying to an extent that there are several of these Argentine kids abroad who are on the verge of selection by the under age teams. Perhaps also a credit to their natural latent talent.

This Luka Romero at Mallorca a creative busy attacking midfielder with very decent dribbling and passing skills has been called up to the u15 by Pablito. Born in Mexico to Argentine footballing father he is just another example of this footballing diaspora.

SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Facundo Colidio, who was with Boca’s youth teams is with Inter(Their youth team). Born in 2000 and is a forward. If he does get bumped up to the first team, he’ll be the understudy of MI9 and Lautaro.

[​IMG]

14. Progott

Progott Member

Nov 3, 2007
    Gonzalez could very well get minutes immediatelly.
    Stuttgart sold one of theire best players (Ginzek) and was looking for a new striker for months now.
    IMO he has very good chances.

I like to see more argentine guys in germany. I think we have a good league for promising players to learn important skills like tactics and discipline.

SupaMario repped this.
  15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Reminds me of Batigol a bit. Very direct at times and is an incredibly hard running forward who often picks up the ball with one thought in mind. Namely get to the goal and unleash a powerful shot. He is comfortable on either foot and with his head and can play anywhere across the front line.

Has good vision as well to pick out team mates, close control is very good too and has the natural aptitude to get into the right areas around the box, in it and play off defenders.

His performances in the Primavera have got him to the first team. I like his background too. Very humble, wants to follow in Zanetti's model and just loves playing.

SupaMario repped this.
  16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Signed by Atletico Madrid. For a return to Argentinos Juniors on loan. This kid like all top quality players has that languid ease on the ball and the mental quickness to see things a second or so before others so his anticipation is excellent.

He is very comfortable on the ball in bringing it out from defence deep into midfield if needed or playing passes into space into players in the midfield. Solid aerially and has the physicality to shrug off forwards and force them back.

Knows when to close down his opponent prevent them from turning or rolling him and when to drop deeper against pacier forwards and then use his timing to tackle as they attempt to pass.

Organizes his defence as well and is a classic #2 and already captain of Argentina u17. Huge hopes for this kid and he has the right mentality in wanting to learn and improve. And Simeone can teach him much. With Godin possibly moving from Atletico he needs to seize the chance when it presents itself.

17. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Do you guys not rate Exequiel Palacios? I feel he could be a heck of a box-to-box player. A Lucho Gonzales type.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Santiago Caseres (21 years old, DMF, Velez) set to join Villarreal for €10 million

Rattlehead, SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  19. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Villarreal can be a very nice team for an Argentine player. How good is Caseres? What kind of player is he??

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here is an article on Luka Romero. It is always interesting to see if these kids pan out. He is being touted as something special. I have my fingers crossed.

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/sel...xicano-suena-jugar-seleccion_0_Sk5PpOs7Q.html

I remember about 10 years ago, reading about a certain Argentine born forward playing in the Canary Islands and he was being touted as a goal scoring machine and both Real Madrid and Barcelona were going after his services. He turned out to be aright...

[​IMG]

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand why Scaloni is messing about with Paredes or Battaglia. Asascibar is the number one DM we have already. Far more dynamic and intelligent with the ball.

soul24rage repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Doing the group stages of the UEFA Youth League, Facundo Colidio(Inter's Youth side) put up some very good numbers. In the 5 games that he played, he scored 5 goals. Like the senior team, they were eliminated from the group stages.

The pibe appears to be quite promising as he is scoring frequently. He'll be 19 in January and surely he'll be called to the senior side sooner rather than later.

Now I hope the tanos keep their hands off of him.

25. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you really know Inter he will not be called up unfortunately. Inter sucks at promoting from within. I’m an Interista and it’s a thing I live with being a fan never get our hopes up on the next big thing coming out if their academy. As much as I hope these kids make a dent in the first team they never do.

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.