Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Vietto is starting, that's good. Maybe that is the plan, in the league he comes off the bench and in Europe and league cup he starts.

Dybala is on the bench..... I don't get that....

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kun went to Dybala and Pereyra for a greeting. Dybala's looks like a fan meeting an idol, lol.

[​IMG]

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ocampos got a goal today in EL action. Nice move.

tatoRMN repped this.
  4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Araujo picked up 2 assists for Las Palmas. As loco pointed out in the Argentina NT, Players and Stats section, Cartabia scored a fantastic goal for Depor.

I caught the second half of the Juve and that is when Dybala came on. Right away he helped the team push forward when they were struggling. In ice hockey terms, he got an "hockey assist", he gave the pass that led to the assist for Juve's only goal.

Pogba took away 2 chances from him from scoring(One is in the video below) the other, it was a 2 on 1, all Pogba had to do was slide the ball over to Dybala and it would've been a simple goal, but he took the play himself. Pogba apologized. I noticed there were sequences where the team was too much individuality from the Juve side, mainly from Pogba and Cuadrado. The team lacks creativity from the MF, the missing of an enganche.

Here is an article about Correa for those that want to know more about him. I only took a glance but it appears to be a good analysis.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/scouts-no...-correa-potential-emerging-at-atletico-madrid

Pipiolo and jimmi_moh repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just to add a bit more, Adrian Cubas of Boca was called by Paraguay to play for them but declined stating he wants to play for Argentina.

6. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know about one in a million but there is pure talent there. Dynamic, speed, dribbling. He's a real talent and he stands out at times, then again he does try to do too much. There is room to grow but I could see him making the leap overseas soon.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cubitas is a gem. He has the potential to be the Mascherano of the future. The kid is always well positioned, hardly ever makes a mistake, and -unlike many DMs- he resorts to fouling only as a last resort. He shows maturity way beyond his age. I think he should be starting ahead of Pichi Erbes at Boca, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. And check out this Golazo against Defensa y Justicia.

jimmi_moh repped this.
  9. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes we need good goal scoring DMs ..
    what about calleri i heard he is doing good.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jonathan Calleri has a great future, he's a hard working CF and already a proven goalscorer in our league. But keep in mind that he's 22 years old already, and Argentina right now is loaded with talented young high scoring forwards.

jimmi_moh repped this.
  11. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But we still lacks good CF , apart from pipita and icardi i am not seeing much.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, Calleri is definitely somebody to keep an eye on. I think the starting forward line is going to be hard to get into, at least for the near future. Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Lavezzi are going to stick around for a while, while Dybala and Icardi are making a name for themselves overseas and will likely also get a shot, and Correa looks like the next superstar.

I like that Calleri is playing superbly in partnership with Carlitos Tevez, which makes me think in years to come when today's generation is gone he could perhaps make a strong partnership with somebody like Correa or Dybala, who have similar characteristics to Tevez. Keep in mind that Calleri is the same age as Icardi and Dybala and slightly older than Correa. That's one hell of a generation of forwards, even if nobody else emerges, which knowing Argentina is highly unlikely.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://www.football-italia.net/63377/dybala-wants-argentina-call

“I could play with [Barcelona striker Lionel] Messi in the national team. I'm a number 9 [a poacher] but if necessary I can play in support of another striker.

Dybala is probably best as a number 9 or probably right behind the CF. Allegri has no idea how to really play him, they kept Morata and signed Mandzukic which was foolish and he doesn't play Morata and Dybala together. At times he'll drift to the wings, have somewhat of a free role, but there is no supply of the ball to him. He drops back to get the ball.

There is no Lewandowski that is coming up right now; as your traditional 9, Icardi is a very good talent and should compete for another Capocannoniere this season. He'll battle for aerial battles, beat offside traps and has an eye for goal. As for seeing nothing more than Icardi, you really shouldn't look any further than Icardi as your #9. We can't take 10 forwards with us to tournaments. I think you're going to need one #9. The days of subbing Bati for Crespo are over. The game is changing.

There were players like Ferreyra who had a fairly decent season in the Ukraine and was loaned out to Newcastle( because of political tensions in that part of the country) and never played for them. Wasted a year. Now he has back in the Ukraine and doesn't seem like he has gained any confidence. There are players like Boselli who is doing a good job in Mexico but in reality he isn't national team material at all.

Being a good #9 is hard and especially if you're young and go overseas, damn near impossible, especially if the culture is vastly different.

As ASF stated, a really talented generation of attackers coming up.

Correa
    Dybala
    Icardi
    Even Vietto when he finds his feet at Atlético.

We should be challenging for a gold next year, then again....... Tata is going to manage this side? I''ll say it again, we win gold because of the talent we have, we lose the gold because of Tata.

14. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really want to see icardi getting called up and start integrating with NT , but for some reason Tata is not showing interest on him.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No love for Lucas Alario when talking about top forwards??? He's the complete forward- he's got amazing feet and control, brilliant header of the ball, he can hold it up- and unlike Calleri, he shows up in big games.

Alario:

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't worry so much about a traditional #9, just look at what happened at WC14:

Messi outscores Higuain (Argentina)
    James outscores Gutierrez (Colombia)
    Sanchez outscores Vargas (Chile)
    Neymar outscores Fred (Brazil)
    Valencia outscores Caicedo (Ecuador)

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala had a hell of a game for Juve today. Did not score but was everywhere. Probably had the best game in a Juve shirt.

18. benos

benos Member

Nov 28, 2007
    That's nice, but he has to improve in my opinion.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The good thing is that he is young enough that he will improve.

20. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ángel Correa is starting to get form; scored in Atletico's defeat in CL against Benfica (Nicolas Gaitan score a really nice goal for Benfica, as well).

I know people are bullish on Dybala, but I think that Ángel Correa is developing into a really nice goalscorer (next Kun type). If the choice comes down to either Dybala or Correa, I think that Correa is making a better argument for himself

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Correa and Kun are really nothing alike.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...49600.html#$$nvk2dq&&bt32TmhvEeWjOhJEn1hz1w$$

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice poacher goal by Vietto against none other than Real Madrid over the weekend. Finally proving himself to belong in such an elite side.

24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #825 soccerr9, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Look at the development of Pogba and Morata at Juve. Both were integrated into the team slowly so as to reduce the pressure. Although Vidal was very good before Juve, he developed into a world class midfielder after his four year stay. Marchisio has developed into one of the best midfielders in Europe as well. Chiellini and Bonucci both have grown into high quality CBs while at the club.

I have little doubt that Dybala will develop into a heck of a player if he follows this path. He is building chemistry with Morata which in 2-3 years time could be the best partnership in Europe.

With Khedira, Pogba, and Marchisio all likely starting after the international break, Juve will be able to rely less on Dybala to build play. Cuadrado has also found himself a role which should lift the creative burden off of Dybala as well. Now that Allegri has found his starting 11 (with Marchisio coming in for Hernanes), it's not a shocker that they absolutely dominated Sevilla and Bologna with Dybala playing very well in both matches.

Edhardy repped this.