Players Coments out of order:

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by SKWAGI, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKWAGI

SKWAGI New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Just reading comments from Ronaldo and Baptista about the fans not backing them up in the Bernabeu. These are in todays Marca, http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/601486.html

From a player who had one shot at goal in the whole match this is a bit fresh. Sure Osasuna hacked our players to bits yesterday but what do you expect from the fans week after week of paying on average 50 euros to see a league match and you see the crap performances like yesterday week after week will obviously get to you. Thank god i wasn't at the bernabeu or paid 50 euros to watch the match or else i would have been pissed off too.

Its about time the players (apprently the best of the best) took off their Gucci branded sun glasses and showed a PAIR OF COJONES on the pitch. The only guys giving it their all were Ramos, Guti and Salgado. The front 3 were woeful, if you don't get the ball come down a bit to get it, it wasn't until zidane came in that we actually started playing at all.

I do hope this changes after xmas, i'm confident we have the team to go all the way in the European Cup but only if ALL the players start to put a little effort in and stop whinning all the time

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These players need to shut up and play! Quit your crying. If you didn't stink up the pitch so much and cost a bloody fortune to deliver cr*p footy to your fans, they wouldn't have to boo you.

3. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    O dear the babies are throwing their toys out of the crib! It's their own fault because if they can't play to the standard of this club then they shouldn't complain about the pressure that comes with failure. Pull your fingers out of your arses lads!

4. SKWAGI

SKWAGI New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    I'm sure your comments are more welcome on the arsenal board?

5. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Catfish posts here frequently. He's a fan of Spanish football in general and follows all teams, including Real Madrid. He doesn't troll. Catfish is welcome here.

6. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Yea agreed.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Qdog and Madrid_1902,
    Thanks for your support.

8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Put me in that boat as well, Catfish has had numerous insightful posts about Madrid. Back to the topic though, I completely agree with you. If these "galacticos" feelings were hurt, pick up the standard of your damn football. I swear man, this is the 2nd time Ronnie has gone off on the crowd, yet this past game he was nearly invisible on the pitch. We were basically at 10 men with him on there. STFU Ronaldo. NOBODY IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB, INCLUDING YOUR FAT ASS.

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well said, Ronaldo would hear only cheers and chants of praise if he was carrying his side during this rough time at Madrid.

10. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Leave Catfish alone, He's welcome to say what he wants here. And I do agree with what he said.

11. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think the Real Madrid fans are too moody.
    You call it "passion" but you seem like those bipolar people.
    Ronaldo scores one game and he is the best player and the one who saves your asses.
    He disappears the next one and he is the fat bastard again.

The same happens to Zidane. One game he is done. The other he is back.

Beckham? Loved and hated like the others.

No fan should boo the team when they are on the 3rd place.
    This is not passion, is stupidity.

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The salaries these players receive, and not showing even the slightest bit of workmanship (this applies more to some than others) that is stupidity.

Maybe next time these players shouldn't say they are going to win the next game, or that things will change, but actually do it.

13. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Don't look at it as booing just severe discontent with what they see before their eyes and rightly so. Are you suggesting that these people who have to work for earnings like most of us on this board should be contemp with sunday's performance? We spend are hard earned money to come and watch them play football( something they claim to love and live for ). I would say that there are more Madrid fans on this forum that have more passion for the team than some of those players. They show up for training every day the week, collect their earnings, travel the world, viewed as icons and they are disgruntled by this? They are ust big babies who can't accept the truth. I will always support Madrid but I'm not going to sit back and say how they deserved a standing ovation for yesterdays perormance. Harsher punishments should be inflicted for these performances. Seriously these players are untouchable and they should be either dropped or have their wages withdrawed until they start playing for them.

P.S Ronaldo is a fat bastard regardless if he scores or not! lol ;)

14. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The problem is that most of you don't know who to blame.
    Why was Baptista bought? He doesn't fit this team!
    What about Beckham? Ok, he sold many shirts but why keep him so long?
    How come there is no replacement for Roberto Carlos?
    You expect so much from Soldado, but what if he takes time to deliver, like Robinho?
    Ronaldo is out of the game and people complain that the team relies too much on him. Ronaldo comes back, scores and he is great! 7 goals on 7 games or something like that.
    He does not score for two games and he doesn't honor madridismo.

I believe Ronaldo is doing a lot, considering that the midfield is crap.
    Perez keep firing coaches and everybody says "oh maybe the problem is somewhere else...".

You guys are acting just like your president.

15. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Real Madrid fans are notorously fickle and demanding, and it's not a recent phenomenon.

16. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And they seem to be proud of it! :eek:

17. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So? :D

18. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well I think in recent times it has been bred from our successes. We're used to getting a trophy every season, and if that isn't happening, somebody's head is going to roll. The 3 Brazilians comments have only made them the target here, and after Ronaldo's performance yesterday he has a lot of balls making those statements. Without linkup play, which Baptista seems to be garbage at, Ronaldo will not score. If we get Cassano, hopefully he can start providing service to Ronaldo.

In my opinion Real Madrid really will not win anything with the squad we have now. I hate to be that ************** pessimist fan....but thats just my opinion. We need to implode this squad and start from scratch. There really is nothing here that will last for long term...just Ramos, Soldado, Woodgate maybe, and Robinho if he learns how to play in Europe.

19. da zen

da zen New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    'Sri Lanka'

20. da zen

da zen New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    'Sri Lanka'
    I Find that our main problem is with whole lotta Galactico kinda players. I really wondered why Mourinho didn't buy that many 'Galacticos' even when having a blank cheque. That's where his success is. He got a balanced squad with the players who proforme for askings and commited to team as they aren't so called Galacticos. Also, when the players aren't proforming well, others replace them as Mourinho has created competition in reaching the first 11, ....also it makes the failers proforme too... Unlike here, where Beckhams, Ronaldos and Carlos's names are printed in the lineup list....lol!

Recently he said that Robben is not giving his best.. just what he did was to proforme well and be commited...

so, what we should do is, change our policy and give Lopez Caro some time to work on his ''team play... '' and some cash to get the suitable players.. also, knock the once who dont suit in...

21. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

1. Not me, I have already issued a large part of the blame to the players.
    2. It's not the Real fans who decide how long Beckham stays now is it? I have said on many occasions he is a shirt seller. Beckham is largely inconsitent and even though he does have good games we just have to accept that his style of play will NEVER EVER EVER suit or satisfy the Madrid fans.
    3. Roberto Carlos has been arguably are worst player this season. I'm sure he was on plenty of clever pills when he decided to say that he doesn't even want to play for Real Madrid. I think Ashley Cole will arrive anyway who is a much better left back. Plus although Raul Bravo is by no means an extrordinary player, coaches are just to afraid to use him because he will be the scapegoat. He may have the least "superstar" status in the squad so he's the easy target. I commend Raul Bravo's commitment to the club because I'm sure some clubs lower down would like his services.
    4. Funnily enough Soldado has scored 1 less goal than Robinho despite playing about one-twentith of the minutes Robinho has played. Ironically he came from the B team with no 30 million dollar price tag and in effect has been just as useful. Suggest anything about Robinho? Perhaps that Soldado's time to play for the team is now as he has already adapted.
    5. Ronaldo's attitude last night was like others abismal. The man has undoubtedly immense talent but when he sits back and doesn't look to retrieve the ball unless it's spoon fed to him does he deserve credit? I give out credit on merit so would you say he deserved a lot last night. Remember your only as good as your last performance.

22. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I don't think Robinho can be blamed for poor performances. He has been great in one position but ordinary in another. If he continues to be played in that 'ordinary' position, what more can be expected of him?

23. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    its not necessary to call him names! if he is not playing well say so, but leave the personal insults out of this! by the way ronnie just returned from a long injury break! give him a break! he will be back! its just a matter of time!brasilians are the best!!!!!

24. schierding

schierding New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    While I agree that the timing og Ronaldo's comments perhaps wasn't the smartest, he has a point. The crowd at the Bernabeu does seem to make it harder for Real to win football games, something you don't expect from your home fans.

If you look at how the teams in La Liga has performed at home this season, it's interesting to notice that Getafe (in 9th) and Atlético (in 10th) are the only ones in the upper half of the table who was gotten less points at home. In fact, Real has done better away this season, getting 16 pts on the road (in 8 games), while only managing 13 pts (also in 8 games) at the Bernabeu.

25. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    you are definitely right!!! these fans have no right to hate on these players! the fact that they buy tickets does not mean they own these players. its not slavery guys!leave ronaldo alone! show respect to the greatest soccer playa in the world the last 10yrs! show respect and love to a living legend! in short respect ronaldo!! enuff said!