Player Transfers

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Kwame_Toronto, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Kwame_Toronto

Kwame_Toronto New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    T.O
    Been meaning to post on this, especially since we're in the silly season. A few transfers/rumours that have caught the eye this summer.

Michael Essien (Lyon to ??). Possibly the biggest transfer of the summer, if it goes through. If the tabloids are to be believed, this guy will end up being Africa's most expensive export, following Drogba's transfer from last year. Chelsea tabled GPB 26 million, Lyon told them to get lost. Well, I would too, knowing that Abramovich makes GPB 11 million a day!!

Sammy Kuffour (Bayern to Roma)...from championship team to relegation fodder. Guess he's just going to end his footballing career on a sh!t team where he's guaranteed a starting position. So long as his feud with the Black Stars brass is settled, I'm happy. Very strong defender best remembered for his pump your fist on the field act in '99 when Bayern squandered a goal lead to Man Utd in '99 CL final

John Obi Mikel (Lyn Oslo to ??)... I signed with Man Utd, but I wanna go to Chelsea. United pressured me to sign for them, I wanna I wanna I wanna go to Chelsea. You catch the drift. Only 18, but loads of talent.

Yaks Aiyegbeni (Pompey to Boro)...I was AWOL when the Super Eagles played a crucial WC qualifier vs Rwanda. Oh yeah, I had malaria, yup malaria. He then had his work permit denied because he had not played the requisite 75% games for the NT. k-a-r-m-a. :D He was awarded the paper on appeal. I like this guy, as he is your strong pacy striker who will work well with Hasselbaink in the Boro attack. He is in my Premiership All Africa XI

Benni McCarthy (Porto to Blackburn)...eeek, why Benni, why?? Top goalscorer for Portuguese outfit 2 years running; also won CL with Mourinho in 2004 and now wants to play on below mid-table sh!te team.

Mamadou Niang (Strasbourg to Marseille)...Is Marseille squad Senegal-lite?Habib Beye (Senegal FOY) and Sylvain Ndiaye will be his team mates

Stephen Makinwa (Atalanta to Inter)..with Vieri given his walking papers, this young Nigerian joins his fellow countryman Obafemi Martins on the Nerazzurri list. Dunno much about his guy, but what I have read is very positive. Adriano--Martins--Makinwa. Could be deadly.

Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht to Lens)..this guy has probably won every accolade in the Belgian league. I would like to see him do well in Ligue 1.

Shabani Nonda (Monaco to Roma)..he was Monaco's top scorer two seasons ago. After coming back from injury couldn't hold down a regular spot alongside Sheyi Adebayor in the Monaco strike force. Going to Roma on a free

Bonaventure Kalou (Auxerre to PSG)..expect him to be booed quite a bit after joining a rival side. Scored winning goal in the French League Cup final.

2. bellamy11bafana

bellamy11bafana New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Blackburn
    McCarthy wants Premiership football (and wages). His international captain plays for us and is enjoying his time here. Mark Hughes is a highly respected striker. He has also been the one person who has wanted McCarthy more than every other club, which must be flattering for a player. All reasons why he wants to play for a shite team...

3. Kwame_Toronto

Kwame_Toronto New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    T.O
    Collins Mbesuma (Kaizer Chiefs to Portsmouth) - Big leap this one for the Zambian striker. Not many times do you hear of a player moving from an African league straight to the 2nd best league in the World. He will be filling Yakubu Aigyegbini's boots and have fellow Africans Diomansy Kamara and Lomana Tresor Lua Lua as his strike partners.

4. megapro

megapro New Member

May 18, 2005
    TIMOTHY ATOUBA (cameroun, 16 caps) joins german bundesliga clubHSV Hamburg for € 2.5 m.
    Stuggart are about to conclude the MAKINWA deal.

5. Kwame_Toronto

Kwame_Toronto New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    T.O
    It's final, Thank God.

Essien-tially he is Africa's most expensive export at 25M GBP just a million more than what Chelsea paid for Drogba last year.

Good to see African ballers being priced very very high. Personally I feel he's priced 10M over the top, but there is Chelsea's price and then there is everyone else's price.

I had a hunch Mourinho would wait until after the WC next year (that is, if we qualify) but I suppose he really wanted his man.

6. futuredrogba

futuredrogba New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    I wish Aruna Dindane was traded to a better team. He was belgium best player in 2003