Player Spotting [9] - post pic/info of players in new boots gear!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Costa is wearing the Adizero with the 1.0 sprint frame you're correct!

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ha......I can't believe I did that. Well played sir.

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can't get the best view, but I thought it was the newer version with blades from the last adiZero. It looks way better than the stupid three stud heel on the retail model. Awful decision by adidas to release that outsole.

4. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There was a good view when he was on the floor after falling over and it was definitely triangles. Didn't know if MiCoach was there but looked more like it wasn't

FootySpy repped this.
  5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'll have to wait until I get home to my laptop. My iPad doesn't play well with Getty for some reason. I did see the goal....quality. Not as good as Mata's though....also in F50s. It's gotta be the boots. Haha.

6. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I'd agree with Oli it was the older sprintframe sans the MiCoach cavity.

Sky Sports showed a really good view of it when Costa took a tumble, must say I prefer the look of the older sole plate, the new one looks too busy for me.

7. jw_93

jw_93 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Leather versions too, if you can tell from the pic (just )
    [​IMG]

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's the pic that wasn't coming up on my iPad. Good shot, I thought he might be in leather after wearing the whiteouts. Nice move there.

9. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The new graphic/overall appearance of the F50s look great with the SprintFrame.

Oli Coultas repped this.
  10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed....it's a tenfold improvement over the existing boot. Change for the sake of change (regarding the outsole) is never a good idea.

11. jw_93

jw_93 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do we reckon he's in leather for good? Or just because he's a tad injury prone (Even Jose's admitting it now) and so maybe leather offers better comfort and cushioning?

Meanwhile, I assume there's a frustrated adidas exec who authorised his custom F50/11pro sole plate boots wondering why they've been stashed away in Chelsea's training ground

12. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Diego Costa.jpg

FootySpy, Oli Coultas and GrassRouteOne repped this.
  13. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    absolutely agree.... however adam lallana could never start on a man city side. one of the very few instances where heart and basic talent beat raw skill.

14. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think either are particularly well suited to City to be fair, and throwing in Pellegrini's judgement just further blurs things!

Milner only seems to get a game when Pellegrini feels the need to go a bit safer and not play two forwards so he brings in some midfield legs, Lallana wouldn't suit that role but then it shouldn't really be what you're looking for in your most advanced midfielder either! If Toure wasn't such a lazy bastard without the ball then you wouldn't need the extra running from Milner.

They should be a much better side considering the money they've spent.

15. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Milner is so much more than a work horse. However I do agree that City are pretty dire. As are their fans.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  16. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He has his moments but they're becoming more and more infrequent, at Villa he looked a good player between Downing and Young, though the football they played under O'Neill was often little better than what Pulis produced over at Stoke. They sat deep, soaked up pressure and used pace, in place of height Stoke, to cause teams problem with the long ball out.

Since he went to City he's had to play second fiddle to the likes of Silva and Nasri so that side of his game doesn't really get chance to shine anymore, he's just a set of legs to Pellegrini, and it doesn't really get any better for him in an England shirt either. Perhaps dropping back to a lower side would give him chance to take on more of the creative responsibility again but I can't ever see him being the focal point of any decent footballing side, he just isn't that good.

17. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Again, completely disagree. Aside from Aguero he's been Citys best player this year In my opinion. Really underrated player. His work-rate is a big positive but he's also a bloody good footballer.

For the record - the players you mention, Nasri and Silva - are vastly, vastly overrated too IMO.

What do they actually do? They don't get more than 10 goals a year. They link up play but they serve nothing except slowing the attacking plays down. They rarely provide assists.

To say they're Citys main creative sparks.... They don't really create a lot.

Watching the CL tie between Barca and City last week, it really did just emphasise the gulf in class. Messi is in a different galaxy to anybody, ever, to have played football. But the rest of Barcelonas team are also on a different planet too technically.

Really is a shame.

18. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't particularly rate either Nasri or Silva, the former has gone backwards since moving to City and the latter has 5-10 game bursts of being unplayable but always tails off, neither offer anything at all if they're not on their game, real all or nothing players.

Milner is a tidy footballer, technically he's fine but as with many English players the lack of tactical awareness and ability to adjust to a changing game is alarming, they just can't think on their feet and are too heavily reliant on instructions from the touchline. Football intelligence in the PL is still a long way behind the majority of other major European leagues, granted it adds entertainment as teams struggle to close games out a lot of the time but it's why the often fail on the bigger stages of European competition and internationally in Englands case.

Still play too much from the heart and not enough from the head, Milner is typical of that in my eyes, not sure he's ever played a game outside of the Premier League despite never being a real star for any of the sides he's played for yet someone like Lallana ended up down in League 1 with little interest to take him away from Southampton.

JEN14 repped this.
  19. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Back on topic: James Rodriguez in blackouts
    [​IMG]

TRIXTA805 and JEN14 repped this.
  20. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    They're the current F50s.

21. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ace 15.1 Leather and synth

Adidas Badstuber.jpg Adidas Casillas.jpg

22. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    leather ace look promising. jsut give me blackout leather ace and im good

Dr. Boots and serginhobertholi repped this.
  23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They look like straight up leather too. No cage....Glory me. If these are the least bit comfortable and well shaped I'm blacking out and whiting out 3 pairs each on miadidas to last well beyond the 12 month cycle....especially if that 16.1 prototype with the massive stripes is really the next stage of this project.

24. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Last Adidas that I've bought was Predator Mania FG and HG... last year...

25. FCBayernDFB1613

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another Photo of the leather version
    Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 6.41.26 PM.png