Player Spotting [10]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing that's interesting are his socks...all MLS team socks will footless sock sleeves for the upcoming season.
    [​IMG]

2. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
  3. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    No way - you need shin pads for a reason. Those tiny shin pads are ridiculous.

4. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    He trained in vapors too :)

upload_2018-2-12_14-57-37.png

upload_2018-2-12_14-58-32.png

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    You're deluding yourself if you think that wearing shin pads are going to prevent any kind of serious impact injury to your lower legs.

6. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    This is a great idea, I'm glad that manufacturers are finally starting to realize that players are very particular about their sock-boot combo.

cadmonkey12 and Jaxinho repped this.
  7. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I don't even know where to begin with this. Shin pads protect you. Obviously. So do ankle pads.

Just a few points:

1) They protect against all sorts of injuries. Impact injuries aren't the only type of injury. For example, if someone drags some metal studs down your shins your going to be grateful for some proper shin pads.

2) They do protect against impact. You need to be wearing decent shin pads of course. There may be a critical level of impact where they aren't going to stop an injury, but anything below that point they are going to prevent or massively reduce injury. Mine have got a plastic outer shell with a foam padding layer inside. I hardly notice wearing them but they do a job. The difference is massive if I don't wear them, even in a friendly kick about! Even if they stop you getting a loads of small bruises on your shins they are worth it.

jayc23 repped this.
  8. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Minor quibble but I think that was his unveiling, not a training session. I believe he was in blackout Legends for training.

jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  9. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    anyone knows what boot is this?

[​IMG]

10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    jihado86 and newone88 repped this.
  11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Under Armour have been offering sock sleeves for a while now. I think they are a great idea I’m always chopping up socks at least if they are done properly you know they won’t fall apart.

appleCORR

12. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    This is one heck of a customisation from Hotaru Yamaguchi of Japan
    [​IMG]

jayc23, newone88 and Jaxinho repped this.
  14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Ha! I love this, even though I personally did not have grip issues with the stock Obra 2/ Opus 2 studs. Also, and this is another personal observation, I think this Superfly 5/ Vapor 11 stud configuration is more aggressive on FG than it is on AG. I play on the same AG ground the MLS plays on, so I pretty much risk FG boots on AG all the time.

appleCORR7 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Oh really? I thought it was serviceable. I agree. I used play at FC Dallas' fields when I still in lived in the States. Always wore FG with no problems.

jayc23 repped this.
  16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

what? are you being serious? the chevrons on that configuration look crazy aggressive on AG. stopped me from thinking about geting a pair, that and the fact that the Vapors were 1 piece uppers.

17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah! I have access to a nice FG field (they take youth soccer very serious here) and when I first tried on the Vapor 11 I immediately felt the bite. On AG, they feel almost no different from a Phantom 3 or an Obra 2 or a Legend 6.

I was thinking of trying the Veloce 2! Apparently it’s a lot like the Vapor 10 but not one-piece. Reminds me of those Drogba Vapor 10s.

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've always worn FG on turf - there has been a newly laid set of 4G pitches where I play and I've been fine in every boot, but I have to say I felt the 'crunch' of the turf when I wore my Superfly with that sole plate. It gripped the turn too much so I stopped wearing them. Every other stud configuration has been fine though.

appleCORR

Jaxinho and derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Noticed that one of the West Bromwich Albion players Allan Nyom was wearing the original neon yellow tunic colourway yesterday against Spurs! Not sure why he decided to bring back one of the worst boots ever made. By choice!

appleCORR

derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    IMG_3225.JPG Nelson in chameleon glitches and Monreal in what appears laceless Futures. IMG_3226.JPG

derbyyank13 repped this.
  22. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Great concept, absolute garbage implementation. Up there with the Superfly II and III as one of the worst boots since 2000.

appleCORR7 and jayc23 repped this.
  23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've said it a lot today - that boot was done WAY before its time. Way before Adidas had the technology to pull it off. I remember being so excited about the concept of that boot being able to sit in the changing room and adjusting the studs to your preference. Now, if I'd done that I would have missed the entire game it was SO fiddly to do. The studs didn't line up with the insole (which was so uncomfortable) the insole didn't line up with the upper. And when you'd managed to get your studs in, the upper was so stiff and the velcro tongue cover so thick you couldn't feel the ball properly. An awful boot. I haven't worn The Glitch but I can see its meant to have the same sort of concept but even that isn't proving too popular is it? I can't think of one EPL that wears them. Feel free to correct me - but as I said I can't see why he would CHOOSE to revive that boot.

appleCORR

derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lamela and Solanke both wear them as well as Nelson at Arsenal if you count him

appleCORR7 repped this.
  25. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I personally think the exclusivity of the Glitch made a lot of people lose interest. At first people lost their minds but a year and something later, I don’t think people still care. What with it being only in 3 European cities. Not to mention the price for a starter kit.

jayc23 repped this.