Player salaries

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by DominicanStrikeForce, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I type quick , and Yeah i thought might of posted it wrong

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    yup MLS only pays US Sh** money only there Us nationals IE Eddie johnson 800k per year,landon donavan 1mil per year make good money in that league. guate average players make 30 to 50 k usd the highest payed player make 130k to 300k per years in guatemala

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think it is more than def. possible to see a team like Comunicaciones paying its top players such sums of money. First of all, one has to look at the players they have (the ones that I assume are probably paid in the range of upwards US $100k): Pavon Plummer, Milton Nunez, and Rolando Fonseca. These are amongst (or were) the best players in the area for the last 7 or so years.
    In Chile, we are somewhat similar. If you average out our salaries, only the top Brazilian teams as well as the top Argentine ones beat us out. In fact, Marcelo Salas has the 3rd highest salary in South-America (or 2nd, probably third behind Tevez and Mascherano). A lot of players from other countries like to go play in Chile, because of the social stability, and that capped with the more than respectable salaries makes for wonderful opportunities.
    Metro

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Nice analisis, congrats you're a mod now. And thank you not very much for reviving an ancient thread. :p

5. fantomulo

fantomulo New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Administrator salaries

I'm a little off topic, but I can't start my own thread because I'm new here. I am more interested in knowing what the administrators of the associations are being paid, rather than the players. Particularly on small island nations where not much soccer is happening, are the president, vice president & general secretary volunteers? Or are they getting something that makes them hold on to the positions year after year, while doing nothing? And how can I find out?

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Administrator salaries

do you have access to their tax returns?