Player salaries

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by DominicanStrikeForce, Sep 5, 2005.

1. DominicanStrikeForce

May 1, 2005
    Canada
    curious to know what clubs pay their players in pro leagues around the Caribbean?

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    ummm.. very low..

3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

And how would u know? Have you played professionally in the Caribbean :D

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Not sure what the average salaries are like but there are a few big clubs in the Caribbean that pay fairly well.

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    just my opinion... :rolleyes:

6. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Dont fight again plz....

7. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    So could some one tell us how much do they get paid? I hear Trinidad & Tobago has a good Professional League so they should get decent pay in that league

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Again....not too sure what the pay structure is like in TT, but I understand that there's at least 1 big club that pay extremely well. That club is called W Connection football club. They apparently have a couple of Brazilian and Colombian players there.

Any TT fans on this board, please post a link to the site.

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Interesting........I wonder what Guatemalan club players' salaries are like?

I remember reading an article few years ago, that a Guatemalan club named Communicaciones tried to sign a TT player and he turned them down. I wonder why? ;)

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    hahahaa, Comunicaciones is one of the richest clubs in CA. they have been known to pay up to US$ 130,000 or more to the GOOD foreign players. TT player probably didnt deserve much pay. ;). but they still SUCK , they lost 0-4 to my team today :D .

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    why do you think costa rican and other central american players love playing in guatmala???, they even become guatemalan citizens so they wont fill up a foreign player spot on a roster.

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That sounds more like 130,000 gautemalan pesos :D

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Which equals what $500 US :D

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Maybe cuz cost of living is alot cheaper :D

I bet $500 US goes a long way in guatemala :D

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    nope in US currency m8. ;)

16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    990,600 Guatemalan Quetzales

17. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    he is right Pando ramirez( Municpal now plays for the galaxy) was making and easy 1.7 mil Q which is 200,000$usd

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

wow...that's pretty good money. That kind of money must be for top players. I can't see the average club player in guats making that type of dough....but then again, I could be wrong.

How many Guats clubs have made the Concacaf champions cup tournaments? I'm just curious cuz I'm familiar with CR teams Saprissa and Alajuense usually being in it...and well from the Carribbean, I've seen teams like San Juan Jabloteh FC, W Connection FC, Defence Force from TT, and Arnett Gardens and Harborview FC of Jamaica.

19. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Municpal guatemala's powerhouse make it every year and the Comunicaciones ,and Antigua . Municpal won the whole thing a long time ago

yes guatemala playas make the top money but the forigners make more money 300,000 usd to 450,000 usd a year

Currently the GNL is the has the highest income in Central America then CRC then Honduras, then el salvador, then panama and nicaragua and the lowest paid belize but the average player in the GNL can make a good 20,000 usd a year which goes a long way there and other poor countries in the concacaf area . think about it if u spend US dollars in any other C.A. or carribean country that money goes really far. USA is a wealty country so 20,000 is almost poverty like here in the states. but not in C.A. or the carribean thats good dough

but also keep in mind that some players would like to keep there annual wages private to protect there loved ones from being kidnapped for ransome money. they like to down play what there really making this is happens alot espcialy in mexico,brazil,colombia and some C.A. countries

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Thanks for the insight Guatefc. I'm sure that money goes a very long way in Central America and you're right players may not want to reveal their salaries to the general public that easy....but fans pay for players salaries in pro sports. They(fans) have a right to know what players make.

So I guess that Municipal is the big team in Guats? So exactly how many Carribbean players play in Guatemala?

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I don't know but there has been a spurt if Nigerian player of late, and brazilians and some argentine players

Carribeans would be a good place to scout for the GNL, but any know Carribeans that i don't know i heard communicaciones wanted to sign salaire Joseph (Bermuda national,NE revolution) way back when he was young

if he stayed maybe he would of nationalize himlslef and been a Crucia lpart of guatemala midfield since Bermuda doesn't have a chance of making the WC in the next 30 yrs

22. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Are You Taking The Piss?

1) his name is SHARLIE JOESPH not Salaire
    2) he is GRENADIAN, from GRENADA.

23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    is it that important???

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    yeah Municipal won it in the 70s , but comunicaciones has been runner ups like 3 times but have never won it. :D

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I think TT's Defence Force FC also won tha Concacaf Champions Cup also. Anywayz back to the salaries issue........if guats teams pay $130,000 minimum per year, that means that these players make more than MLS players here in the US.

The more i think about it the average guat player can't be making that much per year :confused: