PLAYER RATINGS cadiz x real madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ronaldinhobr10, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ok lets continue what we used to do last season
    rate all the players that played at least 10-15 minutes from 1-10 (10 being the best)
    and then name who you think was the man of the match

lets hopefully do this for the whole season

2. Sagaji10

Sagaji10 Member

Mar 8, 2005
    USA
    And Once again another season starts, and this is my analysis of the game against Cadiz:

Casillas- (7) The Usual Casillas we all know, solid as always but really couldn't do anything about that goal.

Salgado- (6.5) decent performance but committed too many fouls

Helguera- (7) Was pretty solid at the back and should have buried that goal near the end of the game.

Pavon- (6) i didn't think he was as bad as many people claimed to be, he just didn't look to confident in the back.

Roberto Carlos (7)- mediocre at best.

Gravesen- (5) I thought Gravesen was one of our worst players today. He committed way too many fouls, couple of errand passes, and just didn't look to commanding out there. Hopefully he'll perform better next week.

Baptista- (6) Had some moments but is being played out of position. Lux needs to figure something out.

Becks- (6.5) Nothing special but gave a great long ball to Robinho.....

Zidane-(7) Looked extremely tired out there. IMO he should have been subbed off early in the second half.

Ronaldo - (7.5) Played well, looked sharp, and scored a great goal out of nothing.

Raul- (5) Once again Raul looked lost out there, he was pretty much a nonfactor until that late goal which Ronnie gifted him. Is he ever gonna get his shiet together????

Robinho-(8.5) Man this guy is something else. His moves are breathtaking and he immediately turned the game around once he came on. IMO he gets my MOM reward, even though he was only on for like 20 minutes....

3. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Casillas - A couple of decent saves, a couple of ordinary saves and one noticeable ********-up. (6)

Salgado - Tried to get down the line too much, but held his own, as always, when it counted. (7)

Helguera - Good turn and shot in the closing stages but allowed the ball to bounce around the box a tad too much. (6)

Pavon - Considering the fact that this guy is not a quality player, he played steadily. (6)

Roberto Carlos - Took pain for the cause after being kneed in the back. Had a couple of interesting forays into the opposing half, never ending in anything special. He always wanted the ball, though, and that, I admire. (7.5)

Beckham - Best short and long passer in the team. Good tackle and clearance in the second half. Didn't take anyone on, today, but, with exception of free-kicks, his crosses were dangerous. (8)

Zidane - Showed glimpses of genius, but was largely ignored by the generally pacey rate at which the game was played. (6)

Gravesen - Always gave 100%. Didn't pull out of any tackle, and a positive contributor to Real's defensive efforts. (8)

Julio Baptista - Looked strong and positive. Doesn't look fully comfortable in the left mid role, but showed promise, power and pace. (7)

Raul - Finished off a good attack from close range, but was completely anonymous for the rest of the game. A waste of a player at the moment. If he was anyone else, the bench would have a perfect imprint of his arse by now. (5) - I would have given him (3) if not for the goal.

Ronaldo - Well-taken goal. He showed purpose and hunger today, which is saying something considering his evident body language on pitch last season. He gave the ball away a bit too much for my liking but was Real's best forward player for most of the game. (8.5)

Robinho - Changed the match from the moment he entered the pitch. He has the lollipops of Christiano Ronaldo, the pace of Henry, and the touch of Rooney. At 21, he already looks like a world-beater, and I now fear Brazil twice as much leading up to the World Cup. (9)

Revelian

4. chrispaps

chrispaps New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    London, UK
    Casillas - 7
    RC - 6
    Salgado - 6
    Pavon - 5
    Helgera - 6
    Gravesen - 5
    Beckham - 7
    Zidane - 6
    Baptista - 6
    Ronaldo - 7
    Raul - 6
    Robinho - 9

5. Tom_Bombadil

Tom_Bombadil New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Casillas --> 7. Good as always. He had a silly error that almost cost us a disgust, but eventually he showed his skills when necesary.

M. Salgado --> 6. He didn't try too much on the offensive, but he is a solid and regular player. He can be more or less good, but he never is very bad on a game. Adjective: Regular.

Helguera --> 7. Althought this one isn't a superstar defender, he's a player that I like. He's not a star as I said earlier, but he has some good skills, like his intensity and velocity on the pitch. Also I liked his offensive movements (like the good moves on his last shot). We can't forget he was a midfielder. I would love to see this one with Sergio Ramos this season. We could improve our defense quite a bit.

Pavon --> 5. I don't like this man. Sorry for that, but I don't like how he plays. Sure he is a good guy and I wish him the best but, for me this is not a player for Real defense. He was right on his role, no taking risks. He couldn't do more, cause he doesn't have more to give.

Roberto Carlos --> 6. Solid play, as always. He showed some of his skills with his velocity and shots. I miss him a bit on the offensive however.

Gravessen --> 4. He wasn't good yesterday. Well, only was one game, I hope he can be the player he was last season, helping the team on the defensive side. As people say: he comitted too many fouls, and seemed to be lost, failing easy passes.

Zidane --> 5. He wasn't good yesterday. He gave some good passes like is natural in him, but he couldn't overtake Cadiz players as he always does. He couldn't develop his normal game, and the team lacked his play.

Baptista --> 5. He didn't appear too much on the left. Surely needs to acommodate to his new role, I hope in the Bernabeu we can see some of his brilliant play.

Beckham --> 6. Some good passes when necesary, a little slow in my opinion however.

Ronaldo --> 7. The first goal was a very good one, demonstrating his abilities as a scorer. The pass to Raul was very good too. He has the ability to create danger on the other teams defense when he touches the ball thanks to his velocity.

Raul --> 4. We need to put him on the bench. No more comments.

Robinho --> 9. Fantastic for me! He portrayed the dinamism to the team. The dinamism we needed. I'm not only talking about his incredible abilities, that he showed yesterday. I also talking of his pace, of his movement on the whole pitch, changing continously his position, asking for the ball, passing when necesary (like the pass he gave to Roberto Carlos who did a good shot outside area). He demonstrated that he's not only an individual player, also he played for the team. For me this is a very very special player. You could almost smell it when he touched the ball. Like something magical was going to happen... This is the player Real needs to be a terrible offense team this year! I'm very happy and looking forward to the next match in Bernabeu to see this guy revolutionize Real's play.

This team only needs a player like Sergio Ramos (as Robinho, a youngster who has an incredible talent and personality).

Also, I liked the variant Luxemburgo put on the field when Gravessen left.

--------------------------------Baptista
    ---Beckham--------------------------------------------Robinho
    --------------------------------Zidane
    -------------------------Ronaldo-------Raul

Ufff, a pretty offensive combination. If only we could try this one with Owen instead of Raul that would be incredible.

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Casillas - 5 one of his worse games, he had a fumble and a couple other times he couldn't snatch the ball

RC - 6

Salgado - 4 too much fouling, bad paaing

Pavon - 4 my god that passes!

Helgera - 6

Gravesen - 5 too much fouling, bad paaing

Beckham - 4.5 absent

Zidane - 5 a goal pass but little else

Baptista - 6

Ronaldo - 8 looked so sharp in the 1st

Raul - 4 in spite of goals, he could have scored more and disappeared

Robinho - 9

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    My ratings for the players who participated in the match

Calsias, 7: Forced to make several tough saves, made one mistake that could have cost us.

R. Carlos, 7: He made several beneficial runs up the wing, and was average in defense.

Pavon, 5: Another unspecatcular performance by Pavon... Aren't we used to it. I think the problem with him is mental. It's not that he doesn't have the skills to perform but rather that he doesn't what to do. He is tall, agressive, and his tackling is excellent. However, he doesn't know when to tackle and when to pressure, he doesn't know how to deal with long balls, he doesn't know what to do with the ball if he recieves it.... These things aren't taught...

Helguera, 8: The best defender on the pitch.

Salgado, 6: Not the Salgado we know. He was a ghost in the attack, and his performance defensively was not a stand out.

Graveson, 5: Silly fouls.... Those fouls could have cost us the game...

Baptista, 6.5: Did well near the end of the game. The left is just not his positon, and Luxa has to solve this problem...

Beckham, 6.5: He wasn't spectacular, but I'll gave him a .5 just for the assist. Beckham's game is limited, and we have to accept that. He is the best set piece taker, and his long balls can't be matched. Other than that, I can't see anything that makes him stand out. However, as he proved yesterday, his presence on the pitch is required because he gives Real another dimension.

Zidane, 5: Bad game... Unaccurate passes, missed shots....

Ronaldo, 9: Real just gave him the ball on attack and hoped they scored. An excellent game by the Brazilia, considering that he got no help from Raul and Zidane.

Raul, 6: I gave him an extra point for the goal, but other than that, he was miserable. No where to be seen in attack.

Robinho, 10: NO COMMENT!

8. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    right, i will give this another attempt. college and other stuff made me post less on the boards last season, but initially i did keep the averages going for about 7 or 8 matches.
    lets say by about 4 or 5 days after the match i'll take averages of all the ratings.

Casillas - 7
    RC - 7
    Salgado - 6
    Pavon - 7.5
    Helgera - 8
    Gravesen - 5
    Beckham - 6
    Zidane - 7.5
    Baptista - 6
    Ronaldo - 8
    Raul - 5.5 (0.5 for the goal)
    Robinho - has to be 10, changed the game.

9. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casillas - 6
    RC - 7
    Salgado - 6
    Pavon - 5
    Helguera - 7
    Gravesen - 6
    Beckham - 7
    Zidane - 7
    Baptista - 6
    Ronaldo - 8
    Raul - 5.5
    Robinho - 10

10. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for doing this gazzad_5

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casillas- 6. Rarely had much to do. Also consider he was just back from injury but there was a slight lapse of concentratin at one stage in the 1st half.

R.C-6. Looked a lot sharper and was comfortable in defense and attack.

Pavon 6. Defended set pieces well and stuck with his marker. ONe huge passing error though. My major problem with Pavon is that he gets to tight on defenders and gives a lot of free kicks away by doing so.

Helguerra 7. Best defender, rarely looked trouble and his shot at the end was reminicent of his days as a midfielder. Perhaps if the SR deal goes throuh he may play there.

Salado 6. Gave a lot of needless free kicks away but i think the Cadiz players targetted his physical approach and milked a lot of the descions.

Baptista 7. Feel sorry for him being played well out of position. Didn't look potent until the arrival of Robinho who brought the beast into the game.

Gravesen 5. Disappointed with Tommy. A lot of needless tackles but on occasions was harshly penalised. Was poor in switching the ball. Usually he likes to settle the team and gets them to actually get the ball down and pass it, he was guilty of launching poor balls.

Zidane 5. Was virtually a ghost the entire game with the only real involvement giving a simple pass to Ronnie for the first goal with all the hard work being done by Ronaldo.

Beckham 5. Poor game from him but i'm not an admirer anyway. Certainly no were near match fit and played a lot of poor crosses into the box, remember becks with Baptista on the left Ronnie and Raul present no real aerial threat to opponents. Excellent pass for the goal though.

Raul 5. Simple tap in for the goal but did well to hold his line. Had hardly any touches mainly because of a lack of servive but when he was put in front of goal he was lethal.

Ronaldo 8. Excellent performance from him. Really looked up for the challenge and did well to shed a lot of the weight over the summer. Looks like he will penetrate a lot of defences with hisruns and if this link up with Robinho continues Adriano will find it hard to get his place in the Brazil team.

Robinho 9. Only didn't give him 10 because he only played 30 mins but WHAT A PERFORMANCE! Robinho said he wouyld be nervous but showed no signs of it at all. Major part in the second goal and unlucky not to score himself. Before his arrival we had no great chances in front of goal but he created 3 0r 4 good openings. If he had come on when it was 2 0r 3-0 then i would hate to have been a Cadiz fan.

12. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks, good idea!

Man, I think I'm lowering the ratings all by myself...

13. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Finally saw the game... 36 hours after the rest of the world!

Casillas- 6. Not as sharp as usual with an uncharacteristic blunder.

R.C-7 Defensively solid, good cross in the first half, great shot after being teed up by Robinho

Pavon 6. A Pavon-ic perfeormance

Helguerra 7.5. Solid defensively. Some fancy footwork at the end.

Salgado 5.5. Too many fouls and should not have left the far post on the goal.

Baptista 7. I really had a sense of his potential if he were to play in position... power, pace, aireal threat... fantastic potential but really lost on the left. I would really like to see him play in Zidane/Raul's position with Guti on the left.

Gravesen 5. Not in control of the midfield. Too many misplaced passes and ouls.

Zidane 4. I can't remember one meaningful contribution. Even the first goal was all Ronaldo. Worse than Raul. Slow and sluggish.

Beckham 6. Standard Beckham game but not as much bite as the end of last season.

Raul 4.5. I thought he was better in the 1st half (I know I'm the only one). Came close to RC's cross and was narrowly offside another time. But in the 2nd half I swear I don't remember him touching the ball till Robinho came on. To me Zidane and raul have to be benched and Guti and Robinho have to play the next game if fit.

Ronaldo 8.5. Ronaldo is going to make a lot of people eat their words this year.

Robinho 9.5. Impact... the difference between Denilson and Robinho.

14. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Casillas - 6
    RC - 7
    Salgado - 6
    Pavon - 5.5
    Helguera - 7.5
    Gravesen - 5.5
    Beckham - 6.5
    Zidane - 6.5
    Baptista - 6.5
    Ronaldo - 8.5
    Raul - 5
    Robinho - 9

15. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    Casillas - 6.5 Would have been a 7 or a 8, he had a good stop in the 1st half, but he had that blunder which he quickly fixed going on the back of the player with the scissor kick. Cadiz missed some easy ones as well.

RC - 6.5 Great in attack. He has freedom, but Enrique from Cadiz did get past him a few times, and was even switching sides escaping easily from him. Enrique actually had a much better game than him (and Enrique was the player to watch if anybody at Cadiz), so I can't really give him much more. Baptista playing right next to him, taking into account that Baptista is really lost where he is at, with Baptista not moving to the middle because everybody is there as well, I would have rather seen him more solid at the back. We don't even need him in the front anymore people.

Salgado - 7 He was all over the place, very solid, but he was very dirty to the point that he should have gotten punished right from early in the 1st half. He has to cool down, was getting even on my nerves.

Pavon - 6.5 I actually saw great improvement from him, particularly in the 1st half. If you noticed he even dared to make some very accurate long passes with nice vision from his half. Didn't know he could do that. Defense was fine, he held the line ok and didn't make mistakes. The goal was just a really good goal, even though Cadiz is really not a big test. I think he has started the year just fine.

Helguera - 6.5 Well, he had a pretty normal game, but I noticed Pavon more than him (yes I did, until his last shot at the very end of the game).

Gravesen - 6.5 He did fine holding, was another defender in the 1st half, a bit dirty, tried attacking....I am never going to give him more than this though because in the attack he is just not going to do anything more, he can't and as Robinho made clear, it is needed much more than defending. A team stronger than Cadiz and his contribution would have been below average.

Beckham - 6.5 Didn't go on the wing much, very few crosses, little holding even though a lot of work, no penetration, but one hell of a good pass for the 2nd goal, can't be forgotten.

Zidane - 6. Should be 5 but he had the pass on the 5th. He holds the ball well, very few mistakes, but he doesn't penetrate and break defenses on foot anymore, just releases the ball with vision and accuracy, but as Robihno also made very clear, it is not enough.

Baptista - 6. He is out of position and has to share it with too many people: Zidane, Beckham, Gravesen....he is going to take a while to find himself, even though I know that he will. He does one thing right, he doesn't get rid of the ball like it burns, he tried to go forward with it to break in. He is just too far or too much on the side.

Ronaldo - 9. A royal pain in the ass for anyone. The reason why he is where he is at is that he always dribbles and goes forward with the ball on his foot. Problem is, only him and now Robihno do that, with Baptista at least trying.

Raul - 6. Raul is missing what Ronaldo, Robihno and Baptista (who at least tries) have: take the ball, turn around, face your opponents and dribble, get past them, try at the least. He took the ball and often released it in 1 second, passing back down the field scared of turning around with it. The shots from the camera on his face showed that he is lost and quite concerned about it. However, there is something very possitive about what I saw from him yesterday, specially in the 1st half in which he wasn't almost there: he is not coming back down the field anymore, to the point that if you noticed every time when he was passed the ball he was further up than even Ronaldo (with 3 defenders on his back). It is a big change for him. Obviously the coach knows that the path to his recovery is this one: Raul stays up and has to forget about the midfield to find himself. Raul, however, also has to regain his self confidence to actually face defenders as he used to do, to hold the ball....What I saw in his face, his expression was really a lot more this: he has no confidence. How to get it back is what happened to him in the 89th minute. He still has positioning and fitness, he knows where to go, and he was there to push the ball in. A couple more goals like this and he should start getting confident at the top of the field again, facing opponents face to face (and he can do this quite well, understand that he has played a different game for two years). If this is the plan, which I think it is at least for now based on where he was playing and how he made an effort not to come down the field, the game against Cadiz was very good for him. His teammates realize this as well. Ronaldo could have scored on that last goal and in turn just gave it to him. It must be done. We play with two strikers and there is nobody better to play next to Ronaldo, and nobody to replace him either (Robihno is to play where he did, no sense if he plays striker and has to wait for Zidane of somebody to do something for him).

Robinho - 9 - Wow (don't give him 10 because he played few minutes). We needed a 10 with ability (Zidane still has that), and the speed and the will to break defenses, to make those spaces, to face opponents, get passed them and create havoc (which Zidane doesn't have anymore because of age, same that was happening to Figo and where Beckham is getting to). A non-static 10 who can. This is what Robihno is compared to what we have. Now we have everything that we needed: Barcelona has already lost the league from day 1, simply because everything else at Real Madrid is better than what they have, player to player. They have Ronaldihno, the only determinant difference, now we have our own. What's important about this is not whether Robinho is better than him or not, that remains to be proven, what matters is that since I thought that Zidane and the lack of a 10 in good form last two seasons is what really got us lost, now we have one, and oh my god can he play. Our problems are solved, everything else will fall into place.

16. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Not true dude... Puyol is better than anyone we have. Marquez and Van Bommel are both better than Graveson (and if Marquez moves back to CD, and settles in he is a class act). On the right I would rather have Guily's pace than Beckham's crossing. There is no direct comparison in our team for Xavi (maybe when Guti plays) or Deco I dare say last year they were as good as anyone we had and from their perspective, I felt thay had as great an impact as Ronaldinho. Including Ronaldinho that's 6 payers at least as good as or better than what we have.

Only places where I believe we are definitely better are goal, wing-backs and centre forward (yes Ronaldo on form is better than Eto'o). Maybe Robinho and Bapista will change the ratios but as of now this is just how it is. And with people like Messi and Iniesta coming through I think Barca will be a very serious threat for quite sometime.

17. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hum, I don't agree. Marquez or Edmilson are not better than Graveson. And Beckham and Giuly are more or less equally skilled, though different players, Giuly is probably the weak link of Barça. And though Puyol is better than our current CBs, Oleguer is even worse than Pavon, IMO.

18. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Where does Edmilson come into my post... I think Graveson is as good as him! But getting to your broader point, maybe Rafa vs Graveson is debatable (I feel Rafa is better) but Van Bommel?! Again on Beckham we will agree to disagree... Beckham may have a better workrate but Guily's speed and mobility are outstanding and make him very potent.

19. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You were anwsering to this:

So IMO, it's fair to introduce Edmilson in the comparison, since he's a starter for Barça ;) and an important player for them; van Bommel hasn't achieved being a starter...

Well, IMO Becks can add his passing to his workrate. I know Barça fans that usually complain about Giuly not being too gifted and being absent from some games. Both are on a similar level.

20. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Edmilson over Van Bommel ... if the Dutchman isn't injured that's another selection that I as a football fan will never understand :)

21. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree, dmar. The heart of the matter is simply this: when the Galacticos are "on", they rolled over Barcelona 4-2. When they are "off", they got blasted 3-0. Inconsistancy & a coach that ignores it has been RM's problem in my view, not how we stack up 1 v 1 against Barcelona.

22. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not trying to be clever, but weren't the home and away games against Barca last season played under different managers? If that is true, then I think we should also take into account the difference the managers make, not to mention the crowd.

Revelian

23. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what you mean, but in my view, both coaches failed to make timely line-up changes or substitutions.