Player of the Year

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Alan D, May 5, 2007.

1. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Players pleased to pick up supporter awards 01/05/2007 13:13

The two main winners of the Official Supporters Club Player of the Year ceremony have spoken of their pride at picking up their prizes last night.

Captain Richard Dunne made it three-in-a-row as he claimed the major honour, the Club’s Player of the Year award, while England defender Micah Richards was named City’s Young Player of the Year.

Of taking the award, Dunne said: “I’m really pleased. It’s a great honour to have won Player of the Year again, especially when two of our players got into the full England squad.

“Coming from people who pay to watch us play every week makes it even more special. It’s good to know that they acknowledge that I do put 100% in every week and try my best each time.

“It’s a great personal achievement for me and I’m really pleased to have won it. It’s nice to receive this from the fans and it means a lot to me.”

Micah was equally as pleased with his award and told us: “I’m obviously delighted to win it – and it’s the second year running that I’ve won an award from the supporters – so I’m very grateful to them.

“Hopefully I can do it again next year and push on for the senior player of the year award.”

Leon Collins

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid=%7BDBD12D53%2D8346%2D431D%2DA04F%2D5D0F8664DE80%7D&newsid=423964&siteid=&pageno=5&newscategory=&frommonth=3&fromyear=2007&tomonth=5&toyear=2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Slightly delayed news but congrats Dunnie! No great surprise really and hes was our best player by far. Distin has also been a rock in the heart of defence and Richards was the only real contender for the Youth award. Congrats to them both and hopefully all three will still be here for next season. Dunne will be, but Distin's contract runs out and Richards is being linked (again) with a move to Pool and Chelski.

2. joecain07

joecain07 New Member

May 14, 2007
    Richard Dunne Did really deserve to be in the player of the year competion.Because hes showed great characteristics through out the season.:)

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Well who else could it have been: Any of the strikers? You must be kidding! The midfield? Joey Barton was the 'best' of the bunch and he certainly can't get near this award, even before this incident. The defenders? Well it's between Distin and Dunne, but Dunne by a mile still. Goalies? Nope. Wasn't much of a choice was there.
    Let's hope next season brings more choice of player for the award, but you can still bet Dunne will be in the reckoning at the end.

4. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    It would be nice to have more people fighting for it! Especially a striker after the season we've had.