Player Injuries 40 Days from Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Soccernethost, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Soccernethost

Soccernethost New Member

Apr 16, 1999
    Since the team is less than six week away from departure to the World Cup, I thought it would be a good idea to keep a running list of which of the possible players in the 23 were injured.

The current list, free of snark, superstition and intentionally misleading information...please update, correct, etc as needed!

Uknown:
    Eddie Lewis (anyone got good info on him?)

Injured:
    Bocanegra: Thigh Contusion with Calcification: estimated return to training 4/23
    Spector: Shoulder Dislocation, estimated return unknown

Recovering:
    John O'Brien: All indications are he's healthy, but has yet to start a match

Recovered/Playing Through:
    Cherundolo - played most recent match
    Johnson - played most recent match
    McBride - played most recent match
    Pope - played most recent match
    Reyna - played most recent match
    Wolff - played most recent match

2. Soccernethost

Soccernethost New Member

Apr 16, 1999
    Eddie Lewis missed Leeds' last game due to recovery from the flu, not injury.

3. JugglinNCWest7

JugglinNCWest7 New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Possible flu... most likely just resting for the final stretch :D

4. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I'd be really really amazed if all our guys were healthy going into the WC. We have some pretty injury prone key players. Someone will go down, I just hope we have someone good enough to fill in that role. I think JOB will be ready before the cup, he's still rather young. My problem is if someone has an injury and jepordizes the ability of the team just to go to the cup. Can't blame them though.