Plan Nude From Outer Space

Discussion in 'Cups & Competitions' started by antifan, Jul 1, 2005.

1. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, i did know that. But you must admit, she is a much better writer than the Queen.

2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you lame-O's haven't checked out My Chemical Romance yet, I'm providing a link to their videos. Check out Helena and Im Not OK.
    MCR- Yahoo Videos

3. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Is there anybody out there?"

4. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I highly recommend www.stumbleupon.com to everyone on this board. It's quite possibly the most entertaining way to kill time, ever (outside of naked Scrabble)

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Frightening image for the morning:

[​IMG]

6. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I can only blame the job I currently have.

Any way, I see that I can cross off another thing on my Things-I-Want-to-Do-in-My-Life list now that I have supplied the name for an OT thread in here. I'll try to be around later tonight when things start to kick of in here. For once I should be able to stay awake and at the same time hang around because I don't have to get up at a ridiculously early hour tomorrow.

KJ

7. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Is it the car that's hemp powered, or the driver?

And isn't that an obvious target for cops on the highway?

I can just imagine what the drivers behind that car must feel like.

"Dave, can we stop at the next exit for food?"

"Honey, we just stopped five minutes ago!"

"I know, but I'm hungry again for some reason."

I love stream of consciousness posts.

8. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I was at The Globe last night, big surprise. anyways, they are going to run a fantasy football (EPL only league) and if you have the name Chelsea in your team name you are docked three points for suspicion of cheating

9. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Nothing happening yet I see.

Then I'll just leave this joint and attend a real life party instead. I will however return later however and if things go according to plan I'll be pretty pissed, so I reserve the right to make countless spelling errors and posting incoherent rants posts with poorly hidden sexual innuendos, or, in other words, business as usual.

KJ

10. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    I think the guy in the back seat is a little MORE hemp powered if I had to guess...

BTW its too early, but absolutely with you on stream-of-conciousness...

11. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There seems to be enough hemp to go around for the car and all those around it.

I agree with waldman though... the cops would target that car like nobody's business...

I would dare someone to drive that through the bible belt... they'd probably get run off the road...

12. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its amazing how far hempcar technology has come since first being invented by Cheech and Chong.

13. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I know... I never thought I'd see the day

*IB4C brakes from posting to wipe the tears of joy from his eyes* :)

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching the Live 8 Concert on the net. Sting is doing some old Police songs, which is alot better than his boring solo stuff. I'm all for dropping Africa's debts, but only after they prosecute their corrupt politicians and recover the money that they stole in the first place. Otherwise, its simply rewarding corruption and thievery. Once these countries start reclaiming national assets from the Swiss bank accounts of their leaders, i'll be more confident that forgiving their debts is a sound investment.

15. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks that this will just end up paying for a pool in some warlord's estate. It's a lot like the "oil for food" program: helluvan idea, but, unless you directly give a check to every person in Africa, chances are they'll never see any of the benefits from this.

16. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Politics in the Arse offtopic thread?!? You people have lost the plot completely!

17. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hello hello hello

18. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah there is no easy solution. The power discrepancy between the classes in enormous and this ensures that anything that comes into the country will fall right into their hands, along with the diamond mines, and the swiss bank accts. Frankly the only organization that I feel IS having success is Heifer Project International. This group is headquartered here in Arkansas and a couple of my friends work for them. They supply families with a cow, goat, or chicken etc. For example, a family with a cow can drink the milk and sell the surplus at the market or trade another family for eggs, etc. It helps with self sufficiency. I think most people (despite our "lazy" comments that we make) feel more valuable when we can provide for our families ourselves. I know it's just a bandaid to a huge gash of problems, but I think it's better than most projects.

19. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to comment on a couple of things you said. I agree that most people feel more valuable, etc when they can provide for their families themselves. I think it is when they have lost hope of being able to do this when the real problems start.
    And as for it being a bandaid, in the large picture you're probably right, but what a great bandaid for the families that are affected. Your friends must be very proud of their work! This is a great way of making a difference.

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My friends and i often try to "donate" excess heifers to each other, mostly when were out drinking. Few people accept, but those that do go above and beyond the call of duty running interference for their wingman. But seriously, i appreciate your friends project, giving fat girls to poor African families is a much better solution. ;) :D

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I can assure you that this is better than nothing. Nothing gives no hope to people who believe that the World has forgotton about them. Hope on the other hand gives something to people that can't be taken away by any warlord or government, it gives a light inside that will keep alight what ever happens. This series of concerts and events will and is giving people that hope who are in a situation that is so desperate you can't imagine. These people don't know what it is like to be able to live in a home, to be able to have clean water, to be able to have basic wheat for their staple food of Sudza.
    Please remember that their are TWO main points of this. it is not just about cancelling debt. one of the main points is having a fair and balanced trade system so that African countries can sell their goods without restrictions. one won't work without the other. These countries need to be encouraged to know how to provid for themselves. How can they do that if they can't sell goods?
    Also remember that the point of these Non Govermental Organisations (NGO's) is not to give aid to the governments, but to give it to the people most in need and to set up programs (like the one Ashley described) that will stay in the community and hope it to grow. World Vision is another example. It pays for simple things, like sanitation in a village, pipes to provide water, digging a well. These are things that the "Rich Warlords" are not interested in. Please don't be so negative towards what in simple terms, gives hope and humanity back to those who have nothing at the moment. A simple example is the 350,000 people who have been made homeless in the past three weeks in Zimbabwe. At the moment there are 4 million in Zimbabwe who rely on food aid. If people take the attitude that this does nothing, who will feed these people?

22. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Barbara Kingsolver's book (The Poisonwood Bible) is a historic fiction book that offers some interesting insight into the corruption of the upperclass in the Congo.

Yes, top cat, they are extremely proud of the organization. Greg does marketing for them and travels all over the world...for ex. just this month he's been in Minneapolis, New York, and San Diego. They have participated in every aspect...from selecting cattle in the middle of rural Mississippi...to meeting with recipient families in Africa.

23. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Wow, do I need to be involved in the promotion of that benefit concert...

"Live Weight: Fat Chicks for Africa"

Nothing wrong with fat girls, by the way. I actually like my women with a little something extra to them. Skinny girls make me queasy. Of course I did once author the famous essay "In Praise of the Chubby Girl", so I may be biased... ;)

24. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like to think we serve the greater good, Anti. I mean when you get down to the important things in life...it's all about connecting the food source (in this case probably Mc Donalds) with families in need. If each American heifer donated merely the super size portion of her extra value meal, then the world hunger problem could be solved in 1 month.

25. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, you know what they say Coach. Roll them in flour and look for the .... ;)

And besides Coach, "love handles" mean you at least have something to hold onto.

ROFLMFAO