Place Your Ad Here - The 2022-2023 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, Jun 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    We already have Alba and Balde , we don't need more , Xavi should try to give Balde a chance instead of getting another old player.

Main issue now is RB which has been a problem ever since that curse Roberto was played there , coaches keep insisting on him and getting rid of anyone that challenges his position there which he doesn't even know how to play despite playing there for years.

Xavi's favoritism for Roberto , Gavi , Eric and Ferran is going to cost the team and all that money we spent won't mean anything.

BocaFan repped this.
  2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Looks like our first choice is ManU’s AWB who is a fabulous defensive RB but mediocre at best going forward ..

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Gavi is a fabulous talent already at 17 ( or 18 ) !!!

5. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    I know , but that last game Xavi played him with Pedri even though he should've used dejong or kessie , pedri and gavi play the same position , but looking how Xavi butchered the defense with the RB position I'm not surprised he would screw the midfield too.

Can't wait for ferran to become fit and start stinking the front as well.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Context matters.

FdJ wasn't a real option. Not until the transfer window closes.

Kessie? Did you see him after he came on? Worst Barca debut I have ever seen!.

Neither of these decisions say anything about Xavi's thinking or tactics.

Though I am worried about the midfield. One injury away from having the midfield of a Europa League team despite all the signings and money spent (most of guys who play the same position :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:).

TitoTata repped this.
  7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yikes

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Xavi hinted about Bernardo Silva!

A position the team needs to strengthen ..

Xavi: “My thoughts are clear, the president and the administrative staff know him, we still have time to sign him.”

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are among the top 10 teams who are being investigated by the UEFA for allegedly breaching the Financial FairPlay (FFP) rules during the 2020-21 season.

https://barcauniversal.com/uefa-pre...elona-among-ten-clubs-that-could-be-punished/

20-21 season ? So in the middle of the pandemic ? I thought they had waived "FFP rules" during the pandemic. Will wait for more details but my initial reaction is .. fuk UEFA and their fake FFP.

PSG will be fined, Juve and Barca are refusing to negotiate.

Jpows repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Certainly seems like an overreach of power. And even Arsenal? Yeah, because they're the ones destroying the competitive balance in the Premier League. :rolleyes:

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tomorrow is the ALS charity match vs Man City. Not really readily available on US TV. Not really thinking about making a match thread. But if you all want, let me know and I will make one. Or somebody can start one off.

Cosmin10 and Jpows repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Preseason friendlies thread is good enough, imo.

Yeah, I saw a headline today saying "Lewa v Haaland". Was wondering wtf that was about but this explains it.

Cosmin10, Jpows and unclesox repped this.
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I read that Gavi has told the club that he will wait until the last day of the season !
    He is unhappy about us getting Kessie in and getting Pjanic back off loan.

If we do not sign Bernardo then he will sign the deal .
    If we sign Bernardo he will not sign and then he will be free to leave ..

Sounds kinda feasible

14. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    This is dumb. If true, which is doubtful, then Gavi is a primadonna at 18 and he should gtfo asap. He hasn’t even shown enough to be having this ego. Pedri is miles ahead of him. Had a couple of notable outings for Spain but that has yet to be translated unto FC Barcelona. If this is his attitude than I wouldn’t mind it at all if we got Silva and let him go.

Cosmin10 and unclesox repped this.
  15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He will be being controlled by his agent presumably ..

The worry is that Liverpool definitely wanted him .. and now they actually need him

In theory he could go to them next week if he’s a free agent

16. Cosmin10

Cosmin10 Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Ibiza
    In theory, this would be incorrect considering his contract expires in June 2023, not next week. Regardless, I don’t see Gavi joining Liverpool in the short-term future…

unclesox, Jpows and BocaFan repped this.
  17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Ahhh

So why were we desperate to sign him on his 18 birthday last week ?

18. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Because the longer you wait to sign him, the more likely he is to leave on a free when his contract ends.
    Lock him up asap by extending his current contract or risk losing him.
    This isn't something new. Happens often with many clubs.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Bernardo is a pass for me. Just get the sense that his best years are behind him and he plays in positions where we are already covered, if not double covered. .

Given that there's just a week+ left in the transfer window, let's focus on the priorities that we had at the start of this summer: CF, RB, CB. Still just one down and two to go.

20. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    If we sell Frenkie (and Gavi as per the argument in the post you quoted) I wouldn’t want to rely solely on Kessie, Pjanic or Torre as our other starting CM next to Pedri. Neither of them are of the calibre of Silva or Frenkie tbh so we’d have to add CM as a “priority” as well.

With that being said, we do really need a proper RB. I have no idea who we’re even looking at for that position atm. Can Alonso play RB?

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Bernardo is just 28 and had arguably the best season of his life

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Pretty sure Alonso is just a left side player

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    well, i don’t see the need or reason for selling Gavi. Also, if we buy Bernardo that makes the Raphinha signing a partial waste since one of Berardo’s qualities is his ability to play up front.

I also can’t see Man City leaving a hole in their midfield and reducing their options at forward when they already sold Sterling.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  24. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I’m not saying there’s a sportive reason for selling Gavi. However, my argument was related to the alleged stance Gavi has taken in regards to his extension. If that’s the case then the only reason we would “need” to sell Gavi is that he himself just wants out.

If he does, and we sell Frenkie than Silva is a must. Furthermore, I disagree about Raphinha seeing as I wouldn’t sign Bernardo as a forward but as an attacking CM to partner Pedri and Busquets in midfield.

It’s not for nothing that Xavi seems to want Silva.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Of course that's the main reason but he would still play FW from time to time. That's why I wrote "partial waste". We are overloaded in the two positions that Bernardo plays. I realize injuries happen, especially to guys like Pedri, Fati and Dembele which could change this picture completely. But meanwhile we have nobody to play RB adequately even when fully healthy! Seems a bit unbalanced.