Pre-match: PL MD15: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur - Dec. 27, 2020

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by electrickeeper, Dec 26, 2020.

?

Result?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2020.
  1. Spurs win by 2 or more goals

16.7%
  2. Spurs win by 1 goal

33.3%
  3. Draw

33.3%
  4. Wolves win by 1 goal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolves win by 2 or more goals

16.7%
  1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This couldn't be more true. They'd get slaughtered.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Win us a cup or two, already, and then f*ck right off. I've hated how his teams played for 15 years now, and I hate it even more at our club. I'd hate it even if we'd won; but pissing away point after point like this is maddening. If we can't win like this, at least let them play. It's not as though we don't have players that can play. Just f*ck off with this shit.

electrickeeper repped this.
  3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    All the good work from earlier in the season has been thrown away. Now 9 points lost on goals conceded in the last 10 minutes.

Don't really know where we go from here, this is looking like latter-day Mourinho at Chelsea and Man U.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Just a really bad combination, players who lack a winning mentality and a manager who is playing analog football.

5. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tottenham are shite.

pookspur and electrickeeper repped this.
  6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Jose Mourinho - The Grinch Who Stole Football

[​IMG]

pookspur repped this.
  7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the normal Spursy Christmas Fixtures Swoon. And, Mourinho will NOT make it better. Just watch him start blaming anyone but the man in the mirror. He will be wailing for spending a bazillion on the next pretty player or three and it will come to nothing but tears.

Y'all were tempting me a couple of weeks ago to start giving a damn even though Mourinho is in charge. So glad I resisted the urge. I was blissfully ignorant until I checked in on the thread. I experience no agony.

Arsenal will pass us.... when we fall below them in the table! Yeah, I said it.

8. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He just did. Blamed the players for lacking ambition.

Saw this written somewhere else...

"Jose parks the bus and then blames the passengers!"

Golara and BalanceUT repped this.
  9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Both the players and the manager are at fault. A lot of people will say that we're too negative, tactically, but up until a month ago, they were working. I also don't think that other teams have come up with brilliant solutions to break down our mid-block.

The problems lie in the execution. The crisp passing that we typically expect from Spurs is gone and now, we can't even complete simple passes. It's like the Eriksen from last season has been cloned 11 times and that's who's playing for us. Additionally, if you want to play out of a press, you need players who can turn quickly on the ball and either dribble or release the ball ball.

But right now, those quick turns have gone missing and all we're seeing is: (Insert player here) recovers the ball → Pass to Kane → Pass to Doherty → Pass to Holberg → (Move breaks down) → Pass back to the keeper → Pass to (insert defender here) → (Insert defender here) tries aimless long ball → Possession conceded to opponents

What it comes down to is fatigue IMO. When Mourinho tries to rotate, the scrubs play like shit. When Mourinho doesn't rotate, the starters lack energy. Should Vinicius have started against Stoke? Should Dele have been given a cameo today? Of course in hindsight the answer is yes, but we've seen how people react when it doesn't work.

At the same time, what I do think the manager got wrong is taking both Son and Ndombele off when we don't have replacements for what they do. Especially now with Lo Celso being out, the lack of creativity is apparent.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Unfortunately, the guy will never change. Eventually the players will get fed up and down tools (probably next season at this time) and we will be right back to looking for a new manager in the middle of the season.

BalanceUT repped this.