PBP: PL Matchweek 6: Chelsea v. Liverpool

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Teso the Yanited guy?

Kazuma repped this.
  2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I suggest you expand your horizons then! There's a great big world out there, full of people who support Chelsea in ways different from you. It is a many splendored thing, even.

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was here, but not when he'd be on our boards.

4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Yeah, I don’t pop in enough to keep up with the thread, but I’m definitely not suggesting Pulisic isn’t being played because he’s American. I’m just saying the reaction to his playing (or not) is colored by his being American.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #205 Naughtius Maximus, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    That's fair and, to be clear, I genuinely think the lad will be a very important part of the side in the future. I have been slightly surprised he hasn't played a part in the last few games with the exception of the last one where the forced subs went against him. The only argument there was whether Mount was played at the start because he'd underplayed the extent of his injury because he was desperate to see the pitch.
    I don't think the argument is just that he should play against Grimsby. I think it's more that he started 4 big games out of the past 6/7 and will also play at Grimsby.

As you say, we didn't spend tens of millions of pounds n the guy NOT to play him.
    You keep saying this, (that Mount's playing in the wrong position), but I'm not sure that's true. I think the kid could become a good enough player to play in multiple positions.
    I suppose there we're talking about being proven in a competition and prove to the guy that needs to see it, the guy making the decision.

I suppose, in that game, it's a matter of having to make a choice in a competition where Puli has some experience against Mount, (who Frank clearly wants to push), or Pedro, (who also has experience in that competition so the point is moot).
    Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The idea that he should play every minute at every position is obviously not going to happen and the idea that we'd all be saying it's fine, especially if we're not performing well, obviously isn't true, is it.

The thing is, as has been said, that we're only a few games into the season so the idea we can know exactly how frank's thinking is probably assuming too much.
    Hmm... well, not really. Being able to see people at training is part of the decision making process of EVERY manager. Just because we don't get to see them doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

But to extend that to say that NO managerial decision can be challenged is, again, an overstatement.

I think most of us thought we'd struggle this season a bit and, in truth, although the results have been up and down, the actual performances haven't been that bad, overall.

Probably the worst one was the first league game against yanited but, even in that game, we were largely undone by some dreadful defensive blunders.
    We started slagging off Sarri after 5 games? Really? Hmm... maybe it's my age but I have no memory of that, tbh.
    Again, you keep saying that but I'm not sure it's not really true.
    That was something that vid I linked to mentioned... that the idea Frank should have any attachment to a player he played no part in bringing into the club just because they paid a lot of money for him, is unclear.

TBH I think that's bollocks, as much as anything because it was £60m of Frank's bosses money that was spent on the guy and I'd think he would be hopping up and down on his goolies before very long :D
    True enough :)

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah, teso... the good old days y'mean :)

:giggle:

Kazuma repped this.
  7. Naughtius Maximus