Pizza Hut Park

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Parr 21, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Parr 21

Parr 21 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Edmond, Ok
    I just wanted to stop and give a huge compliment to the FC Dallas organization and to the cities of Plano and Frisco.

Over the weekend, my son's team from Oklahoma City played in the Plano Labor Tournament - which one of the sites was at Pizza Hut Park. We have traveled to many complexes, and this by far was a soccer paradise. The pitches were all very well manicured and resembled a sexy putting green (compared to some of the 3-4 jungle growth on other fields we have been to...), easy walking paths and helpful field signs for the parents and supporters, and to top it all off - the very inspiring rise of the FC Dallas home at the North end. The only bad experience was my son's and the FC Dallas - Red Bull game was at the same time so we couldn't make it over there...

I remember reading and hearing on how much the "soccer complexes at Frisco park" were expected to cost and I just wanted to give all invovled in those early desicions a pat on the back for a job very well done. Every cent was worth it.

We will be back hopefully soon...and with a few FC Dallas tickets in hand.

- and if you think this is just a cheezy shout out, remember how difficult it is for someone in Oklahoma to give a compliment to Texas on anything !- haha

Jon & Kendrick
    NOKC Padova Red '94

2. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I actually missed the game live because I was at the same tournament, but I did walk up to the stadium, peek in during the game, and then walked back to my kids game. I thought the same thing you were thinking. The facility is pretty extroadinary.

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    It's always nice to see these posts to remember to not take what we have for granted.

When you think about the complexes some teams play in(Robertson Stadium, RFK, Giants Stadium etc...) you really think how good we have it.

4. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We missed the FCD vs DCU game as well because of a 730 game for my son.
    Wish the tournament people could have planned the schedule to be able to have the families attend the game. We are very thankful to have such amazing fields for the kiddos and us old people to play on.

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We used to gripe that leagues and tournaments didn't schedule around FC Dallas/Burn games but what excuse is there when it is at their complex? If they don't care about their own product...

6. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS makes the schedules. Each team can make four requests for certain time slots or certain game days. FCD has less control than the tournaments do.