Pizza Hut Park tickets on sale Friday

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Major League Soccer, Jul 7, 2005.

1. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I was commenting on the limited capacity issue.

I was hoping/expecting to surpass the 12,500 mark for opening the stadium, but it's not possible now.
    And yes, it rained....ok....
    The whole construction of this stadium, and handling of many resultant issues, has been pathetic.
    I can't wait until everything is finally up and ready, so I won't have to think about that stuff anymore.

2. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I predict that at least one patron will get some rebar up his ass. And that the stadium will smell vaguely of parmesian.

I hate parties that are poorly planned.

3. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Does anyone know if the capacity will be any higher for the second game. I"m coming regardless, but I was wondering if the parking problems were almost done and they just had to wait another week, or is this a rest of season type thing?

4. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Nobody in the general public knows at this moment. It would be a safe bet to assume that the 2nd date will be treated the same as the "opener".

BTW, there still are tickets available in every price range for the opener according to Ticket Master.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    The Inferno president posted today, after talking with the Front Office, that its very likely the capacity will be capped for the Aug 13th game. But as Chamo just stated, no one knows for sure.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
  7. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Alright - who predicted it? I remember someone did, just don't remember who.

8. txaggie93

txaggie93 New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    <strolls by whistling>

9. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

man you should be careful doing things like that....

I thought you were a troll and and almost hit you with some neg rep :eek:

good thing I noticed the s appeared at both end ofs the troll! ;)

10. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, it's a bit of a gamble.

They could have had a "sell-out" had they limited sales to 12,500.

But now that they've increased capacity to 15,000, it'll be a bit embarassing if they end up selling just 13,000 tickets to the game.

12. McKinney_Burn

McKinney_Burn New Member

Jan 13, 2003
    Pizza Hut
    (A bit off topic, but maybe not since we are talking parking now.)

I am guessing the parking at the Roughriders stadium is going to be booked with Ikea shoppers. But along those lines, has there ever been any consideration by the FO for letting folks park at a place "off-site" and bussing them in? Similar to what happens at the Byron Nelson... parking at Texas Stadium and hitching a ride to the course?

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yes, this was considered, but they didn't think it would be something they could execute well without angering fans in their first visit to the Park, so they decided against it. Also, if you read the press release, it isn't just parking as they also mention the number of restrooms and concession booths that will be operational for gameday as a concern.

14. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Although they still plan to run busses from a couple of Minyard locations. They just have not advertsied which ones.

15. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

16. McKinney_Burn

McKinney_Burn New Member

Jan 13, 2003
    Pizza Hut
    Wow. That could be a haul. Didn't the Minyard's in Frisco (SE Corner of Preston & 121) close down. Was that a Minyard's? Anyway, next closest one might be Dallas, unless Balch Springs is close.

Look for Greyhound to be a new sponsor soon. For their assistance in the Minyard Bussing Plan.

17. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    The Minyard's (or Carnival or whatever) bussing will probably be from closer to central Dallas and aimed at helping convince/ease Latino fans up to Frisco. Which would definitely be a good thing, IMO.

18. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Steve Davis's column said, "they still expect a sell out," FWIW. 15k is still far from perfect, but it will feel less botched. A little good news to brighten my day.

19. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    The concessions and restrooms were never going to be 100% open on the 6th when I talked to GE, if I remember correctly, but closer to the 80% that are going to be open. However, that capacity was still going to be immensely more than were ever available at the Cotton Bowl ever.

20. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Yes it did.

21. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't it have technically been in Plano, anyway?

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yes, that is Plano. Which is why I refuse to cross 121 to do any shopping. Screw Plano!!!

23. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    One day Frisco will be all growns up just like Plano. Frisco is still a mouthy pre-teen.

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Which is why I fit in perfectly.

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel intense shame that I spend as much money as I do in Plano instead of Richardson.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I live 1/2 mile away from Plano and there aren't any Richardson businesses as close. Hell, I take my dry cleaning to a place in Garland.