Pitch Invasion!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by dfb547490, Aug 4, 2002.

1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    That ************in' rocked.

Did anyone else here (other than the DC guys) get in on that??

Anyways, great to see Johnny Wright, Dribbs, Chris/FulhamRev (damn straight I'm gonna get me that 'Vette), Jeff P, Warren, Andy, the DC guys, and everyone else again, and great to meet some new faces like Sandy. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you guys afterwards but my girlfriend was feeling really sick, we actually left about 30 minutes into the 2nd half (wouldn't have normally, but the game meant sweet FA). Anyway great job, take it easy and see all you guys later.

Alex

2. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what happened?

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Well they cleared out the field because of the rain and most of hte stadium moved up into the concourse, but we (myself, my gf and the La Norte guys) stayed exactly where we were (as did the Sam's Army and Screaming Eagles sections). About 10 or 15 minutes into the rain delay, someone noticed that all the security guards that stand at field level in front of the section were gone. There was a huge crate of about 60 or 70 Aquafina water bottles that they had there for some sort of promotion, so somebody jumped the rail and handed it up and everyone got a free water bottle. Then the guy who had jumped onto the field noticed that he hadn't been stopped from doing so, so he ran out onto the field, a couple people followed him at first then a bunch more (the wire reports said about a dozen, I think it was more like 20 or 30). Apparently somebody got arrested for standing on the penalty spot and mooning the crowd, but I didn't see this (visibility was not too good). Basically we were just running around in the penalty box for about a minute (I got to do my best impression of McBride after he scored vs Guatemala) before security came back out to herd us back into the stands, then the entire section moved into the concourse and started banging the drum, singing and ************ non-stop until the game started up again.

Alex

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    dfb is my new hero

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Nah, the La Norte guys were the ones leading the invasion, I just happened to be in the section and follow along.

Thamlin from DC claims to be the first one on the pitch :D

Alex

6. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Thamlin19: La Norte Thug Life

Sachin

7. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GD, should've gone...would've loved to make a run for the pitch.

8. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    My suggestion would be to take a full bottle of Tylenol with some scotch........

9. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    No no no. A full bottle of scotch with some Tylenol does the trick.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This guy was over in front of the Sam's Army section:
    [​IMG]

Here's the guy in the center circle in his skivvies. I didn't bother shooting the moon.
    [​IMG]

from the Footy Photo Service.

11. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Seconded. Great meeting Johnny Wright, Warren and Dan from Jacksonville (A BIG THANKS for the ride to RFK), as well as many new and old faces.

12. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    props for the support and making things fun on a rainy day for everyone there guys

13. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    That's got my endorsement too!

14. FulhamRev

FulhamRev Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish I had been around to see it...good work!