Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Time is growing short on CR7’s career and he will be gone either now or in the spring while they can still get money for him....

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's gonna ride his contract out....not many teams wanna pay him that salary at age 35/36...psg might but he wont go that low and PL teams arent as they used to be. Everyone knows he got 2-3yrs max

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  4. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What great news!
    Finally.
    No way that we take as many goals under Pirlo.
    And maybe, just maybe, watching us play won’t be an agony.

5. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is def. the possibility we concede even more goals next year. I would say it isn't likely, but certainly possible Pirlo has never coached a professional game in his life, he's never trained a team in his life. Not to mention that probably our best CB will be out until October or November.

I would be ok if we get up goals, as long as we can adopt an identity from Pirlo, even if it is archaic and extremely defensive. I don't want to watch the game and wonder whether the team is finally going to start moving the ball quick enough as the coach wants. We were literally fighting 4-8 years of a certain mindset and we couldn't do it and the team looked like crap 90% of the time.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Being in this year's CL final doesn't make PSG "low". I'd say they are in ascendancy, while the usual suspects from Italy are sinking. Let's see how they comport themselves against Bayern before we rank them as lower.

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I think PSG can give the Bayern we saw today a game.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Doubt Bayern loses, they've won every single match this year in the CL

10. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julien Laurens brought up an interesting fact that the only other team to go unbeaten into the CL final was Milan in 92/93 I believe and ended up losing to Marseille.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #536 falvo, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Radio Radio is reporting that Alessandro Nesta has been approached by Andrea Pirlo to be the assistant at Juve!

At least Nesta has experience in coaching and almost gained promotion with Frosinone.....

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    So Pirlo, Tudor and Nesta.....that is quite a combo of talents.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #538 falvo, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    As they have the most coaching experience , Tudor and Nesta will probably do most of the coaching and working on tactics and techniques. Pirlo will probably just oversee everything and have the final word on the lineups but I’m sure they will be coaching as a group.

It will probably be like when Angelo Alessio , Massimo Carrera assisted Antonio Conte...

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    juveeer repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone hear or read if Pirlo is going to play or participate in any scrimmages during training sessions? He didn't look too good in his final year of MLS ball. If anything, he was pretty bad and finally benched by Patrick Vieira in his final campaign.

16. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope not, I think he must do everything to distinguish that he is the authority now at least early in his first season. The players must know he is serious about coaching. With that said, it doesn't mean he can't be a likeable coach, just establishing boundaries and his role will be important in my opinion.

17. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrea Pirlo had his first interview today as the Juventus first team manager.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/pirlo-i-want-to-bring-back-enthusiasm-and-win

of note on style of play...
    "I want to bring back the enthusiasm, with proactive football and domination of the play. I said two things to the lads: 'you must always have the ball' and 'when you lose it, you must get it back quickly'.

"I'm convinced that I'm in the right place at the right time. Tactically, we could play with either three or four at the back. I have no fixed models. We must always be willing to make sacrifices, when there is a goal we all have to reach it together."

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    How refreshing is it to hear that we don't have to play the same exact way all the time?

19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How refreshing to see Juve mentality back...i dont know what this team was this last 3yrs...it was nothing like any other Juve. Im hoping Pirlo can get that out of these players or we actually make good signings.

Surely this week we need to finalize departures of Higuain and Khedira so we can get on with transfer window

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

juveeer repped this.
  21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We played a friendly today vs Novara and won 5-0. Pirlo started with 4 at the back, but depending on where the ball was it transformed to 3 at times. The team shifted well between the two and the 2nd half was mostly played with 3 at the back.

He started with a strong lineup: Starting XI: Szczesny, Alex Sandro, Bonucci, Chiellini, Danilo, Cuadrado, McKennie, Rabiot, Ramsey, Kulusevski, Ronaldo

Kulusevski played really well and I think he's going to be a hit for us, granted it was only Novara but you can see the kid has talent.

Good to see us not fixated on one formation like with that loser Sarri.

Now we need a striker and hopefully another fullback, though I doubt the club are looking for one.

Goals

20'
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    56'
    Merih Demiral
    66'
    Marko Pjaca
    90'
    Manolo Portanova
    90'
    Manolo Portanova

Some highlights

usnroach repped this.
  25. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team looked quite labored at the end of both 45's which I guess is to be expected. I really want to get Douglas Costa moved, he is too showy largely without the end product (even though he assisted Ramseys goal). McKennie looked strong out there, he will push the starters and would not be surprised if he ends up locking down a spot. Luca Pellegrini will be interesting if he stays, I thought he was anemic offensively but apparently, it is the other way around after watching this morning.

juventino13 repped this.