Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

LOL, social media is blowing up. The fans are NOT happy about this.

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So is it officially official?

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's officially official.

4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh.My.God.

Just kill me.

5. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just Great. Doubt we'll finish even in the top 4.

LGRod, Il Ciuccio, scirea6 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I welcome our nuovo allenatore. I wish him all luck and success with Juventus. We should give him support as he starts this new endeavor. Maybe not my first choice but then again, the previous guy was not either.

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh f*ck this dude.

Up until yesterday he was blaming "il gol di Muntari" for everything, and then he takes the job? This mediocre hypocrite.

Il Ciuccio and phat repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really, at this point unless there's a massive player revolt, Allegri is staying. Might as well support the guy, while still wanting him gone :D

9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'll support Juventus. As always.

But this guy? This guy could win the treble and I'd still want him gone. This is Zaccheroni part 2. Basically, he's here to be sacked, and I'm counting down the days until that happens.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just waiting for the fallout with the players.

Social media is crucifying Juve. People are not being very kind to them, lol.

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm reading quotes from his press conference...

This is going to be a disaster. Get ready for Bonucci in a 4-man defense, everybody.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If he starts to screw it up royally, then rip him. But he is not the worse thing in the world and from the tweets I read, he wants to continue winning. I had my doubts about Conte, especially bringing his beloved 4-2-4 system. Maybe that is why he left, he never put it in place.

Dante repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone wants to watch the press conference, it's going on now live

14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What's he' going to say, Falc? "I'd like to start losing"?

He wasn't winning at his last club and what garbage he had there, he didn't utilize properly. Just because you upgrade to a Ferrari, it doesn't mean you know how to drive a car.

Il Ciuccio, Sal and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    In my opinion, he did a very good job driving that Opel in winning the scudetto and keeping them qualified for the CL despite the mess the club was in.

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #16 scirea6, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    And he was also the first manager in 8 years not to win the league despite having Zlatan Ibrahimovic in his squad. Yes, he kept them competitive. And by being a company man and keeping them competitive, Galliani and Berlusconi were free to gut the club in whatever way they saw fit.

Why should Pogba or Vidal stay for two years of Allegri? The answer is that they won't, and they'd be right not to.

Allegri will get as much of a chance to prove himself to me as Zaccheroni did. Which is to say, none.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't remember but I would not be surprised if we went back to the hiring of Conte, you had as harsh, if not harsher words about him. Ibrahimovic was fortunate to go to teams that were going to win the scudetto anyway. His job was to kill the provincials and he was very good at it. When it came to making a difference against the big guys, no. As for losing the league, who did he lose it against? Why should Pogba or Vidal stay for Allegri? Why would they stay for Conte? He had no problems turning to the next new favorite when the opportunity arose. We all know what a disaster he was when it came to player rotation. Is there any valid reason why we did not with the EL last season? Conte had success but he was far from perfect. So we turn a new page and I will not shred it at this point if it is not necessary.

18. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    All this bad news in such a short time makes me feel like a Romanista. I'll give Allegri a chance but WTF is management thinking? Conte has royally ********ed us over with this BS.

Dante repped this.
  19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My guess is that Allegri was already on their short list when Conte was having his doubts about resigning after the season was completed. This was very fast. So I doubt it was an impulse decision although Conte's timing did not help.

20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #20 scirea6, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    You don't "turn a new page" with a manager like Allegri, Falc. If we had wanted to turn a new page, we'd have hired Carrera or paid Sassuolo for Di Francesco and given one of them a three year contract.

This is 'holy f*ck we need a manager and hire the first person who picks up the phone'. As for why Conte, it was Pogba's meeting with Conte that convinced him to sign with us in the first place. He believed that the manager wanted to win and would give him the chance to play. And he was right. Whatever Conte's flaws, he always wanted to win. And despite yesterday, he loves this club. The loyalty of the fans was probably the only reason why he accepted a one-year extension in the first place. In hindsight, he was wrong to do so. It was an emotional decision that he couldn't keep. But that's how he is and that's how he's always been, even as a player. We knew this and we took a risk. And for the most part, it worked out.

But this guy? Provinciale to the core. Winning is great, but not expected. And he's a hypocrite for accepting the job in the first place. I'd rather the volatility of Antonio Conte and a European exit than to settle for merely "being competitive".

phat and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  21. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Attempting to have some semblance of hope for the upcoming season. What can we look forward to under Allegri? Don't understand Italian did anything important happen in the press conference? What formation is he likely to play? 4-2-3-1? Did Milan do ANYTHING well under him besides the 1 league title?

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He won the league title taking it away from those thieves Inter. We went neck to neck with Milan when we won our first scudetto. While the Milan had slow starts (a concern I have), he found a way to get them back into the CL. Milan did well enough in the CL as well. The team was in decline, management there is in disarray and he not only kept the boat afloat but also moving somewhat. He was not the reason why Milan has declined.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I hear you and there is some hesitation on my part. I am like you and would have preferred Carrera. Conte was nothing to brag about when he came on board as his experience was Serie B. He was also reluctant to continue with Bari onto Serie A. Allegri brings with him some good experience and his results at Milan were much better than what they should have been.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His actions proved that he doesn't. He was selfish and let his ego get in the way.

Falc repped this.
  25. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was wrong to accept the extension, but I believe he did so because of the fan's devotion. If it's true that he did resign for personal reasons (and I do believe this was a contributing factors), then it was his love for the club that kept him here as long as it did. Then three days ago, at the beginning of our pre-season, he realized his mistake and resigned because he believed that he couldn't take us any further. It would fit with his pattern of resignation in the past.

He's always been a volatile egomaniac. We knew this when he was a player and we knew this before we hired him as manager. And yes, this was a terrible way to for him to leave. But for me, that doesn't negate everything he's done for this club over the years nor render his love for Juventus hollow. Watching his farewell interview, it was etched in his face how pained he was by this. That's not an excuse, but he is only human. And it's not like he forced us to choose Allegri as his replacement. There were other, better options.

OldLady repped this.