Pinto Da Costa complains...

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by metro fan, Nov 22, 2004.

1. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
  2. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    We should all just ignore the guy.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I ignored all the presidents of the superliga, including LFV after the disgraced of the tickets at the Light stadium of the game Benfica vs Porto

they all suck, I recommend everybody to do the same, let the players play Soccer

4. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Agree with you Frank. Unfortunally in Portugal, they run the sport

5. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Who cares waht Pinto de Costa thinks anyways.

6. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    hes an idiot i hate him,he should just keep his mouth shut i hate him so much,he probely payed off the ref to cheat us out of that game we played them so im jus tgoing to ignore this big jerk

7. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Don Pinto complained today? You don't say! I never saw that one coming.

Other things I didn't see coming...

The sun rose and the sky was...BLUE!

The sun set and the sky turned...BLACK!

Feel free to add other things that suprised you this list:

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if I had paid any attention to this guys I would be out of Soccer long time ago, they are a disgraced, I can't named one good president in the portuguese league

9. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Porto is helped about 90% of times, and when they think that were robbed they complain about that, in the overal of mistakes of the game, they finished tied

10. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    He as the right of complaining, LFV goes talk with the government about the game with FC Porto, he took video tapes(hoppefully this one against Rio Ave, is included?!...), everyone have the right to complain this season like i said in another post the referees had been ridiculous this year, and the linesmans are even worse.

11. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He should worry more about the way his team is playing.

He has already lost the Portuguese SuperCup, European Super Cup, the team could possibly finish last in their group in the Champions League and not even get into the UEFA Cup. They Still have the Intercontinental Cup to play and the league title is still up for grabs.
    So his concern should be with the players and the lack of motivation. How about asking your manager to coach a bit.

Huge mistake by him, he should question his players and coach and not blame the loss on the Ref. In all honesty the ref did not cost them the game.

First off the game was officiated by the best Portuguese Ref (Lucillio Baptista)
    So this was the wrong game to criticize the ref. I mean who did he want to ref the game Pedro Proenca?

12. Visconde De Alvalade

Jul 21, 2004
    Lisboa, Portugal
    PDC should do us all a favor and take a long walk off a short pier. :D

13. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

LFV whining all the way to the Prime Minister and declaring a benfiquista "fatah" against the infidel Olegario Benquerença.

14. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Just a "minor" correction: we actually WON the Portuguese Super Cup against Benfica. 1-0 goal by Quaresma.

15. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

Bad week to be talking about how Porto is helped by the refs, don't you think?Didn't Benfica score an off-side goal against Rio Ave? How about that!? You see, what's most annoying about Benfica fans is that the whiners go on and on about refs, but keep forgeting to mention all the times they got a "little" help too.

16. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just like porto.

17. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    So are you admiting you got 1 extra point this week, thanks to the ref?!

18. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My appologies.....confusion with last years Portuguese Cup Final and this years European Super Cup.

Thanks for catching that;) .....but I guess the point had been made.

19. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So long as the game is judged by human eyes there will always be occassions when a goal is counted when a player is off-side and there will always be a goal disallowed for an off-side when none occurred...It happens (and will happen again) to Sporting, Benfica, Porto, Manchester United, Juventus, Al Ahly, Chicago Fire, Palmeiras, Newell's Old Boys....

20. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    PSG, AJAX, AC Milan, Grasshoppers, Rangers......:D

21. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    I reread that article and as far as I could tell he was being sarcastic. He was making fun of LFV for going to the Government with documents and video tapes and that is why PDC said he would given his videotapes to the Russian president.

On this topic thought I find it disgracefull that the top three team Presidents have the need to be so public with their viewsa nad acusations. It is this ongoing saga that gives the Superliga it's bad or no Name. not the Referees, but the Leaders of the Clubs look at any other big league those this happen the answer is No. the coaches or the Players may complain or bitch and moan about favouritism but the Leaders of the clubs keep publicly quite why can't the big three do that. All of the big three, no exceptions.

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we can also blame the Liga for not bringing the teams together

23. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Oh I blame the league for sure. As an Example North American league have clauses in which they can fine an individual under their Authority, (Player, Manager Staff, Coaching staff) who brings the League or sport into disrepute. This has Happened with all of the major leagues in North America. The NBA, NHL, NFL. MLB. they have all used this clause. THis is one of the reasons Management in North American Sports don't "Cowboy" around mouthing off about other teams or the referees.
    SO why would the LFP not do this is astonishing.

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    because the big 3 got the majority of the power, Valentim Loureiro couldn't do it, Cunha Leal a Benfica supporter done very little to bring the teams together, and you can also blame the government for not have the muscle to punish some of this teams

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I mean the Primer Mininister of Sports