NSR: Pictures of BS Bayern Fans

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by nekkibasara, Mar 13, 2009.

1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As promised in the Alianz trip thread here are 2 pics of me.

They are from 2006 so I'm a little older now. Oh and lets just pretend my ex-girlfriend isn't in them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Here I am in my playing days....

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice hair man. :D

4. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nekki, you look a bit like BMike.

oh and good for you for scoring a firecrotch, I'm sure it was good while it lasted ;)

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nah...feel free to continue posting her pics! :cool:

6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pic 1: Bayern-Wolfsburg DFB Pokal match last season (I'm on the far right)
    Pic 2: Me at the Königsee. Gorgeous place.

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wake, I don't know why but I have seen that second pic elsewhere. I don't remember where but remember seeing it somewhere... :confused:

10. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Probably from my BS Profile.

11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would be the logical reason indeed. Logic is certainly not my forte at the moment. :eek:

13. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wake--I see you had good seats at the Pokal match...first time I've seen someone photo'd at a game and I got a good look at the roof! :D;)

Eiss--You don't look as old as you make yourself out to be...nor fat!:p Nice gig surrounded by soccer chicks all the time!!

I'll try and get a pic or two up soon!

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Pictures of BS Fans

Hey Eiss, not to deviate from topic but in regards to the girls team you manage - what style of play do you use? Do you have a player that singles herself out? If "yes", what player would you compare her to as far as ability.

Keep posting pics everyone...and change the damn title to the thread!!!

By the way, here is a pick with me and my wife Lisa visiting with my Oma in Buxtehude (outside of Hamburg) before the Germany-Poland game in 2006.
    [​IMG]

Here is us at the Ecuador-Costa Rica match WC 06 in Hamburg.
    [​IMG]

Here is one of us at BvB-Wolfburg match in January (same year).
    [​IMG]

Some of you might have seen them on My Public Profile already...

15. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was an Adidas training kit some 4-5 years ago. I thought it would be unique, and not your run-of-the-mill cookie cutter Adidas high school kit.

You either loved it or hated it. The girls I think had the latter opinion. Our aways were all black and they LOVED those.

That picture was the only one I could still find online of myself. It was taken about three months prior to my arriving in Germany for the World Cup. That would be the defining moment in my weight... LOL!... when I discovered REAL bier. I have never stopped drinking it since. I believe Scholl7 has more incriminating photos of me wearing the gold Bayern kit (for BW)... the missing pounds in this photo are somewhat revealed in those.

Anyways, it is a monumental photo for our area.... read on...

At the time of that photo, we have just become the 1st team in the 20 year history of the conference to beat the rival Catholic school EVER! It was a 1-0 victory and the girl to the immediate right of the keeper put away the winner. She was our All-State player that year as our AM or withdrawn forward. The keeper (center) is playing Division I basketball now, but went on to become a two-time All-State keeper in Illinois her next two years. Her senior year (last season) we were 40 seconds from going to the final 8, which is considered 'going to State' here. The girl two from the right of myself was an All-State player that year as well.

Style of play.... really depends on the (a) talent, (b) depth, and (c) ability level and athleticism. Unfortunately we play on football fields over half the time, so to play a very spreadout possession style may look great but not entirely produce results. I often instructed the girls to play a very quick transition style, putting numbers behind the ball and making the opposition 'think' on how they would beat us, then pounce on their errant passes or lose of possession with our tremendous speed. I would ask that we look to keep the ball when possible, but first to look for the deepest pass before laying it back into our midfield. This played well on the type of fields and conditions (faster surfaces ... rain, turf, hard pitch, short grass) we played on all year... even in the Super-sectional that put us oh-so-close to State.

As far as comparing players to someone else... man, that is tough. Like comparing them to another female player or male player (say from Bayern past)? There was a lot of talent on that team.

16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's exactly how my HS team played. We were a posession team first and foremost, but after our first and only draw we changed a bit. That draw came on a football field, and from then on out we were far more direct on those types of pitches.

17. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    'Tis the life of a poor graduate student!

@crismerz...well done, my goal in life is to have a football-loving wife

18. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just bustin' your chops buddy! Your seats near the roof are infinitely better than my seat in front of my computer watching the game on P2P! ;)

19. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    My view of the field was still pretty good too...FTR :) Not really a bad seat in the AA...

20. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All right...if the old geezers can do it, you young bucks need to start getting with the program! Here's a few of me and my crew....note the strategic placement of available children to hide my big fat....well, you know! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nice shealy. When were you in München? And what yellow/black shirt is that?

22. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn you're fast! And have young eyes I can tell! We went to Munich back in May...which is when my love affair with FCB kicked into full swing. We weren't able to attend a match, although we went to the AA THREE times! My wife willingly went along with all of the soccer stuff when we easily could have been visiting museums, churches, the English Garden, etc. A first generic visit to the stadium and fanshop, a stadium tour and then watched an 1860 match....alas, was better than no soccer at all! The highlight of the trip was my son (with the yellow and black jersey) and I going to the Meisterfeier celebration in the Marienplatz immediately after the team's final game last season. WOW!! Once in a lifetime experience.....how could you not become infatuated with this team after attending something like that! My best souvenir(s) of the trip were 10 plastic beer cups that Paulaner gave away with all of the free beer during the celebration. My son and I got lots of strange looks riding home on the U-Bahn with all of those empty beer cups....crazy Americans!

The yellow/black jersey is from the Charleston Battery (USL team in Charleston SC)....last year's kit with the Saturn shirt sponsor...now they've switched to some unknown internet/computer sponsor.

23. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Ugh so pissed I didn't get to attend the celebration in München last season! I think I had a paper due or something...

One of these days...

24. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My debut in this thread! Yay!

There are more recent pics of me as this was last summer when I was in Santa Barbara visiting a friend from HS (explanation necessary because I don't usually look sunburnt! ;)), but in keeping with the theme of Bayern/Germany trikots...

[​IMG]

25. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I feel as though every Bayern fan here is also a fan of the Nationalelf.

Excellent...