Pictures from USOC: MetroStars - DC United

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Roehl Sybing, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

This is like the first time I remembered to bring my camera along to a Metros game.
    [​IMG]
    The MetroStars enter the field
    [​IMG]
    Posing for group pictures

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

[​IMG]
    The fans next to me (I think the one on the right was a United fan - was quiet most of the time - but that's alright, he put up with much of my hollering)
    [​IMG]
    Right after the winning goal

3. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    great job, keep em coming....your from staten island? grrr after all the messages i post asking for carpools.....argh

4. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

[​IMG]
    And this is me, if anyone asks

5. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I'm sorry, this was sorta last minute plans for me, I wasn't definitely going until I decided on Sunday, and I drove straight from the city today.

6. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Missed the carpool again, didn't you?

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    couldn't get one organized.... and no one made an offer :(

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Uh huh.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yup :(

11. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net

.. you're sad.. I had six people all bail out on me today and I still drove over a hour and a half to the court tavern and then on to the game. If you really wanted to go you could have.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    didn;t have car.... didn;t have time to take the choo choos.. kill me... please.... :(

13. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
  14. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Just another bunch of sansone wannabes. Couldn't get cover of NYTimes, had to settle for the team website.

How loud did the peeps in Ohio get? Sad that after all of the suffering, you couldn't be there. Final is at GS on the 15th, if you can make it.

I saw him take that picture, so I aped a bit with the scarf (glad to get it upright). That was as the Metro were walking off the field, right before Jolley came over to shake our hands (he is the best at that, no doubt).

Grrrreat night to be a metro. DC, enjoy the drive home.

15. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Didn't see you there pal.

16. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Just got home and "Mean Machine" is on TMC. Solid.

17. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    i'm from Queens and I made it down there...wasn't hard for me :)

18. Sasha Metro

Sasha Metro Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Sección ciento uno
    man of the match!

Not only that, but after I managed to miss all the other ESC'ers going back to New Brunswick in the excitement after the game, and was waiting at the bus stop for a Rutgers shuttle to take me halfway there, wondering how long it would take to walk the rest of the way to the train, and whether I would get back to NYC before midnight, Steve and Pilar stopped and gave me a ride all the way to Weehawken. Definitely man of the match in my book.

Goes to show you that you don't need a carpool, just a NJ Transit ticket, directions to the Court Tavern, and a Metrostars jersey...

As it happens, the date of the Open Cup Final (10-15) is Steve's (28th) birthday, so we should give him a Happy Birthday shout out to him at the half.

alex

19. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOD DAMN MICHELIN!!!!!

My tire blew on the NJ Tpk. just before the New Brunswick exit and me and Nedy had to take the long sad ride home up Route 1+9 back to J.C. The tread ripped by back tail light off and ruined my bumper. And I missed another sick USOC match.

So I get home with the consulation of knowing that the game would be broadcast on WADO and having an interpreter in the house, no problems. But instead of one of the most important matches in Metro history they decide to air "Miguel y el Perro Loco". Plus my internet service was down so no USOC for me. This kept me up all night waiting to find that little blurb in the Daily News. It seems like I missed a hell of a game.

Do you think that MFO will have a never a wasted ticket program for open cup games?