Pickup Soccer - Chicago

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Fuegofan, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Looking around at the parks in our fair city of Chicago, and there are a lot of parks, I am hard pressed to find pickup soccer games. Now, part of the problem is that I just don't have the time to troll (the fishing term, not the being under the bridge) every park from Howard to 130th and from the Lake to Harlem looking for pickup soccer. Ergo my question:

Does anyone have any recommendations of what parks regularly have pickup soccer for kids?

Soccer clubs are great, and here in Chicago there are a jillion different ones of all shapes and sizes (though I'll bet we've lost a few in the last year). But I'm a firm believer that kids need to enjoy the sport playing together in the park without being coached by coaches and parents. Hopefully this is going on somewhere in this town.

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    What is the age you are looking for and what is your general location?

3. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    My son is yob 2011. We're in Hyde Park.

4. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    I have to admit, we're looking to potentially move within the city, so this question is designed to help us find other neighborhoods that would be compatible with our interests. I still like going out to play pickup, too, though not to win, just to play.

5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Okay - we are out in the NW burbs... 06-01 YOB players.