Pick-up Soccer!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by OKTerrific, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Everyone seems to be going to the shore this weekend. Only one other guy beside u & I could play so I am trying to put something together for next week.

FYI: I tried to email u and it got sent back twice. PM ur email address again!

2. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is there any way we could play on a sunday??

3. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's still the game at Abington JHS on Sunday morning 10:00...I'm going to miss this week due to going to Rehoboth, but there should still be a good turnout.

4. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is that every sunday??

5. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. eccseth

eccseth Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be at the Abington game this Sunday.

7. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Mon, Tues, Thurs or Friday Yardly/Langhorn area!

Anyone?

8. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    how accessible is Abington from center city? No car here, though it looks like there's an R2 stop nearby.

9. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Roslyn stop is over the hill from the school, probably about 10 minutes walk...real short, but the hill's a bit of a bitch.

From the station go up the hill on Susquehanna. You'll go under a bridge as you go up the hill. At the top of the hill is a light. Go down the hill and make a right at the next light and you're in the complex.

It's also near the 55 bus line which leaves from Broad & Olney, not sure if the times would line up better.

10. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. jjmanion

jjmanion New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Philadelphia
    anybody want to start one at the Lighthouse Soccer Club fields in NE Phila? Its right off the boulevard (route 1) and near the woodhaven exit of 95

12. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hades would undoubtedly be up for that since it's about 5 mins from his house. Lighthouse however, is one of the clubs that ruined my childhood so setting foot on those pitches again may be traumatic. :p

13. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knowing the condition of those fields I wouldn't set foot on them if I was paid. There are much much better fields in this area.

Buselton
    Somerton
    Parkwood
    and the one across from the Flyers skate zone

All of these have lights and are not covered in glass and rocks.

14. jjmanion

jjmanion New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Philadelphia
    somerton does not have lights but boyle playground does and yeah the ones across from fsz has lights and nobody is usually playing there

15. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a good field over there by the skate zone. And I could of sworn there was lights at Somerton!

16. jjmanion

jjmanion New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Philadelphia
    only on the one field but its where they practice football its not really a soccer field...lets see if we can actually get people

17. joethunder

joethunder New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Are there any pick up games Tuesday nights? I am looking for something Tuesday after 5 PM for the next few weeks, specifically in the Langhorne/Newtown/Levittown/Yardley areas. I'm pretty consistent when I play, and I'm looking for relatively moderate competition (solid ball, but not showing people up). I used to play Mondays at Macclesfield but I can't do that anymore because of a night class.

18. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

Jun 1, 2007
  19. Bmye

Bmye Member

Oct 7, 2007
    NE Philly
    Sunday nights Comly and thorton, across from the Flyers skate zone! 7 55 pm! PM me if you wana come.

20. Bmye

Bmye Member

Oct 7, 2007
    NE Philly
    Seriously, come out on sundays!

21. tkwak

tkwak New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Philly- Temple
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forums. Just recently signed up to join SOB.

I just transferred this year into Temple University from WVU. I'm looking to play some pick up soccer with anyone if there are any around in this area. I don't mind driving, as long as I can get some directions. Im not use to driving around in the city yet.

thanks

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    welcome to the boards tkwak and the SoBs. Hopefully someone (not me, sorry) can help you out. Also, check out the SoB's Casa Adult Rec Team thread in the Sons of Ben subforum.

23. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I kick it around Sundays @ 11 AM at 19th and Wallace near the Art Museum. It is a pickup game geared towards beginners. It's real fun, aimed mostly towards beginners and casual players. The turnout is usually about 12-15 people, a good group of people. There is a onetime charge of $5 to help defray costs for equipment and what have you. I recommend it if you're a beginner like me or just want to have a fun kickaround.

http://beginnersoccer.com/default.aspx

24. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From one of our members:

If you have anyone interested in pick-up soccer on Sunday mornings, we play at Mayfair Playground (Princeton Ave. and Battersby St.) in Northeast Philadelphia, 19152 at 9am

25. MLisinPA

MLisinPA Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone is playing any pick up soccer in the Horsham/Warrington/Warminster or some other local area. I'm looking for somewhere to play this summer.