Pick A Seat Day

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by Rellogg, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Rellogg

Rellogg New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's this Saturday the 7th.

Anyone know what time? And who else is going? I'll be there.

2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm going. The ticket reps sent an email that said the event starts at 11:00 a.m. Saturday morning at Toyota Park. The round-robin play begins at 3:30 at the Barrington Field House between the Red Stars, Purdue and Northwestern. So I'm going to Toyota Park for the "pick a seat" thing, then head over to Barrington.

3. Rellogg

Rellogg New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh ok thanks. I didn't get an email.

4. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a nice little event. They had a couple of players there and the head coach. I also drove out to Lake Barrington to watch the scrimage with Northwestern and Purdue.

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Agree. It was a nice event. Red Stars staff and players are first class when it comes to their fans. And Peter and Marcia always have time to talk some soccer or answer a question or two. I was glad to see many fans who also are Fire ticket holders at the pick your seat event.
    The round-robin with Northwestern and Purdue was a nice showing. I was pretty impressed with Purdue. Man, that field house in Barrington is huge. The field seemed bigger than most soccer fields I've played on or even seen. I would have ran out of gas after one run down field. Red Stars looked Ok. Not much really to tell after just a few days of getting together as a team. Once the Nats players get back from Portugal and the foreign players come in who were not there (I assume some had Nats commitments of their own and maybe visas) and after a week or two of practice and scrimmage together, we should get a better read on this team.
    There were a few players that stood out to me, Marian Dalmy looked solid, Tina Estrada scored a couple of goals and I really liked Sarah Wagenfuhr on defense. Ella Masar and Danesha Adams put a few good combinations together.
    The veiwing by the public was way above the field and without numbers it was a little difficult to identify everyone, especially with the size of the place and a black netting around the field which you had to look through.
    All in all it was a fun day.

6. suncraver03

suncraver03 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any one know when the season tickets will be sent? I wasn't able to go to pick a seat day...I don't know if I need to contact the team or not.

Thanks!

7. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you might want to contact your ticket rep to see about seat location. Not sure if you still have time to provide input.

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't able to go either but they called me and I selected my seats. They should mail them out soon.I'm surprised you weren't called.

9. Rellogg

Rellogg New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You know, I'm really surprised that no one sent an email saying when the tickets were going to be sent. If you're saying soon then I'll hold off on a call...I hate making phone calls! lol.