Photos: That USOC game

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Rex Kramer, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Between the rain and the depressingly bad play, I didn't take a whole lot of photos last night. Here's the best of what I did.

El Capitan made me jump. Ensuing bad photo:
    [​IMG]

Saragosa waves, possibly to Mrs Saragosa and Baby Saragosa
    [​IMG]

Hooper dances
    [​IMG]

2. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Saragosa gets magic sprayed
    [​IMG]

Inferno gains a new member
    [​IMG]

Drew tries to stop the ball from running into the mound of hair
    [​IMG]

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    It's not just Wimbledon where rain stops play
    [​IMG]

Someone didn't quite get the message...
    [​IMG]

Speedbump Joey has some 'splainin to do
    [​IMG]

4. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Guardia Roja
    [​IMG]

Sala waits out the rain
    [​IMG]

It was at this point that I realised the camera was not coping well with the weather and the light, so that's all you get, I'm afraid.

5. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    You're a trooper!

My photos were all blurry, pre-rain. I thought I set the ISO well enough and all that, but nooo.

6. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey!

Here are the two cell-phone photos I posted in the other thread. I had watched the radar and figured there was a much higher than 20% chance of rain. . . so I had left the real camera at home. Just as well, since that was not a photo-worthy game, anyway.

However, I am the "eternal optimist/look-on-the-bright-side" kind of person. So I do not feel crushed by last night's event. Actually, maybe it's because I'm still a relatively new fan -- or maybe it's the "female" perspective -- but I still had fun. I just like being there, close to the action, and observing from the point-of-view of the stands, which is WAAY different than watching the game on TV. If nothing else, I decided to borrow my son's point-and-shoot camera next time so that I can take mini-videos of the warm-ups (I just thought the stretching should have had ballet music with it . . .) :D

Okay, so maybe it's resignation and the determination to still have fun. As I told our daughter -- who chose to be with a friend and go to her own (rained-out) soccer practice -- I did not expect FCD to win. I just had a feeling that this was Charleston's year. (A better fight/take-it-to-PK's would have been more satisfying, though).

Anyway, I DID like seeing and hearing "El Capitan." That was cool! And it would seem that it will probably be the highlight of this season -- the fact that WE got the cannon and got to shoot it off. Now, I think I'll be happy if neither Houston or LA make it to the MLS final.

[​IMG]

And the clouds -- the omen of things to came . . .

[​IMG]

P.S. I also finally saw Mrs. Saragosa and Baby Saragosa. I think they make an adorable, attractive family!

P.P.S. Sorry for rambling.

7. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    The rest of the photos we took last night can be found here.

8. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    And video of the Guardia Roja.
    [​IMG]