Photos: Practice session, 9/20/08

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Rex Kramer, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    As, for a nice change, neither of us were working today, Grace and I headed out to PHP for the practice session. Nice day for it, although it was starting to get a little hot towards the last half hour.

A few observations:
    • Victor Sikora appears to be healing nicely. He only took part in a few of the scrimmages, but was moving so well in the sprint drills that Serioux, who he was running against, kept complaining (jokingly) about getting beat.
    • Davino was back to full training. Doesn't look like he'll start tomorrow as he was in the "reserves" team for the scrimmages.
    • Talking of which, expect the horrors of Saragosa manning the left side of midfield again tomorrow. Schellas Hyndman apparently not quite understanding the phrase "once bitten, twice shy". Otherwise the lineup will be back to same old, same old.
    • I've not been out to practice since last year, so I've never seen Cooper doing more than rehab work. Apparently he's one of the more vocal players on the team during practice, not something I'd have necessarily expected.
    • Couple of nice goals in the short pitch scrimmages from unusual sources: Bobby Rhine and Victor Sikora scored absolute screamers past Burse and Sala respectively, and Sala himself got on the scoresheet - a long goal kick found it's way to Avila who just spread his legs, letting the ball bounce between and out of the reach of RayJ.
    Drew and Avi warm up
    [​IMG]

RayJ catches. With his face...
    [​IMG]

Coop takes care of what's important
    [​IMG]

2. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Avi and Adrian
    [​IMG]

Action shot
    [​IMG]

Davino passes past Rowland
    [​IMG]

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Daniels fends off Pitch
    [​IMG]

Bobby shoots, he scores!
    [​IMG]

Lambo
    [​IMG]

4. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No action shots of Emerson Hyndman??

5. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    He wasn't there. There were youth games going on on the other fields though, so perhaps the child star was too busy for grandad's silly games.

6. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    It's classic league day. His Dallas Texans Red 96 had a game. For what it is worth, that DTR 96 is ridiculous. If Emo is consider a pro prospect, there is 3-5 more on that team.

7. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great shots!

We were lucky to get out at the very end of practice -- before everyone had left the field. the main objective was accomplished -- the 12-yr-old got to say "hi" to some of the guys. :)

She brought her camera, and it was set on a weird setting, apparently (high ISO, for some reason), so we got some weird photos. She took a great one of Rocha, though, and a REALLY cute one of Daddy Saragosa with Baby Saragosa, who was out on the field after the official practice had ended (SH had gone in, even).

Rocha . . .
    [​IMG]

8. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lambo signs Rex's soccer ball.
    [​IMG]

And Dax. And that's about all that are worth posting.
    [​IMG]

9. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

made me laugh....

10. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he was in a different kit... here he was:

[​IMG]

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing how Saragosa is a coach favorite it is just a matter of time 'till three year old Saragosa Junior is practicing with the team.

12. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That thought crossed my mind . . .

Now, I actually really like Saragosa -- at least he CAN provide "instant defense." I hope his passing improves, though. He also adds excitement to the game with his melodramatic "dives" (i.e. over reactions to being pushed) that tick off the other team. And I like his crazy tackles (although, he tends to collect yellow cards) -- such as in the Colombus game when he took out not one, but TWO Columbus players, because he knocked one into the other.

I'll take him over Guarda any day because Guarda, so far, is just rather boring and not up-to MLS-speed. Poor guy.