Photos from Saturday

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Oct 20, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Does anyone have any? Either of the game or Section 8 or whatever.

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Any word on that auction or whatever?

4. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    I hear ya. Subtle and more visually appealing. These should be the permanent shirts.

5. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    What kind of word you looking for?

It happened, it was kind of a mob scene....the bid sheets were pretty close together all along 2 tables pressed next to each other so that with the press of folks, it was sort of hard to get in.

Fortunately for me, both the jerseys I was interested in were at the end. Unfortunately for me, they were at opposite ends...hehehehe...made for a lot of pacing.

As far as total haul? I dunno.

A few seemed to be hot commodities, the jersey I did get (Lubos') went for way less than I thought it would...figured there would have been more than 2 or 3 folks who would have been interested in that one.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Aww crap...how much?

7. This is spooky: where the hell is his right forearm?

8. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He sold it to Satan for two goals and the Supporter's Shield!

Fair trade, I'd say. :D

9. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's soccer anyway, someone else can always do throw ins.

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  11. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I got the jersey for $500....which is way less than it went for when he was playin, and I know he's not a current player, but still....

Last year, Peter, this year Lubos, I got the ring of fire on my wall!

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Still too much for me. Never mind.

13. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nice picture.

MORE! MORE! MORE!

14. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tell ya... that picture says a lot.

My wife and I were in Section 8... in Sec 122, but on the opposite side of the universe from where we usually are... but just to the right of the goal... still very much in section 8.

There needs to be a leader on the side of 122.

Look at the table roll (blue) that's going up from that side of the section. Kind of gives you a clue that most of us were not able to hear that they were going up at that time and got a late start.

It is really, really difficult over there to follow any of the chants, etc. People who know me know that I'm a vocal participant in section 8... but I couldn't follow anything. Other parts of the section were going off on other tangents...

I know that mirek likes to switch off when his voice goes out... but a lot of times, it's the leader that keeps everyone going... or says, "TOO FACKING QUIET!" If the people can't see or hear anyone to lead, then things won't get any better. We don't need a single louder leader with a megaphone. We need three leaders on the same page to work together to get the wide-ass section 8 together.

15. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Holly Crap! Look how far up the red ones went. That's awesome. The rolls did make it to the bottom didn't they (after this picture?).

I am holding together one of the Red ones (we had to rip it in half because it got all tangled up) in the middle of the concourse. :)

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    that is a BAD ASS picture.

17. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Blink,
    I agree that it would be good to have a leader to that side. I know that the chants/songs aren't working well over there. But, FWIW, there was no voices involved at all with the table rolls. We just started rolling them out from the second tier and handed them to the people in the top row of the 100 level. Those people in the blue section must either not wanted to participate or had dexterity issues unrolling the sheets. This particular incident didn't have anything to do with not hearing what's going on. When we do the table rolls again we may need to have more people on the concourse to hand down rolls though. I ran across and handed down a couple white ones and most of the red ones. The one that we had to tear was because the guy upstairs didn't wait until I got there (got overexcited I guess) and just tossed it onto the ground and it got tangeled. We need more volunteers to catch the rolls. Preferably one for every roll (15-20).

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I think we should def. get permanent rolls. They don't even have to be as long as the plastic ones, but wider would be good.

Maybe 5 or 6 rolls 2 yds wide and 20 or 30 yds long? Doesn't have to be great fabric.

4 red and 2 white maybe. That would be cool.

19. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    Photo by Joe Silva from Section 207

More as things dev....oh waitaminute...that was a digital :)

20. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas