Phoenix FC General Info and News page

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Killersheep, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like your username.

I think they will jump leagues and join the CHL. The league's offices are in Westgate and the Sundogs could use a rival.

2. Lobos4Sale

Lobos4Sale Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Phoenix Monsoon
    The CHL would be tough. It would be hard to find a city park in AZ with ice mid-season.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Artificial ice. Sliderex. Like the Sabres were going to use that one time.

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude.....you booked flights and stuff? Man.

Caveat emptor.

5. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't. A few did though.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there are...other things to do in Denver. Or so I'm told.

blkbrnrvr and JasonMa repped this.
  7. Lobos4Sale

Lobos4Sale Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Phoenix Monsoon
    I feel for LFR. They believe in the game, the city, enough to hand money to a team that hasn't given anyone a reason to believe. I literally see zero reason to buy a season ticket. To me this is a day by day, heck an hour by hour thing. If they actually play, I may pay for A ticket...or just sneak in.

I too feel for Fuerza Lobos. Where will 5 guys with bad drumming skills be able to pretend to support a soccer team in AZ? It's a damn shame.

kenntomasch repped this.
  8. azjohnnymac

azjohnnymac Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Lobos could join the Pricks...they have no drummers. They spent the games just banging their 2 poles on the stands.

9. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Soccer Observer article is right on.
    I was thinking about it, but mainly to watch the Rapids game on Saturday night. Phoenix FC does have one thing the Rapids lack, a head coach.

Luckily for those that did book the tickets there are plenty of breweries and marijuana dispensaries. I respect their passion and enthusiasm, but worry about their common sense and decision making skills.

My plan is to buy the cheapest ticket and sit wherever I please. (Yes, I'm still bitter about last season.)

Say what you will about the Pricks, but they did have a cool tifo. So cool that they use it over and over and over again.

JasonMa repped this.
  10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.....

JasonMa repped this.
  11. Lobos4Sale

Lobos4Sale Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Phoenix Monsoon
    The Pricks may have cool tifo, but they didn't have that Star Spangled Banner sung by 200 random kids on tape now did they? That puts PFC way above them.

God bless America.

azjohnnymac repped this.
  12. azjohnnymac

azjohnnymac Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Ah...David Robertson. No experience in US Professional Soccer, sucked as a manager at 2 different very very small scottish teams....just the coach needed to run a brand new USL franchise.

This always made me laugh: Phoenix FC had a page on fundable looking for investment and it said this about him:
    The most decorated player in Scottish soccer history, Mr. Robertson is responsible for the training and coaching of the first team as well as development and operations of the youth academy.

OK....so he won a total of 14 different titles at the professional level in Scotland (oh and he played 3 times for the International side). That does not make him the most decorated Scottish player on the Rangers side at that time, never mind in history:

Ally McCoist who played with him has 22 titles. Richard Gough has 18. John Gregg has 16.

Outside of Rangers you get: Billy McNeil has 23. Bobby Lennox has 24. (and they both have a European Cup trophy) Kenny Dalglish has 24. including 3 European Cup winners.

and they all made more appearances for Scotland as well.

Thats only at a quick glance....

13. Lobos4Sale

Lobos4Sale Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Phoenix Monsoon
    He may not have been the most decorated player in Scottish history, but Robertson was the most decorated coach in USL history at last year's Phoenix FC holiday party though.....

[​IMG]

azjohnnymac repped this.
  14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, the fan base has turned....

15. azjohnnymac

azjohnnymac Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Ken, not sure if its turned. The uneducated soccer fans, took his credentials as fact and believed the hype. The rest of us knew better and his performance last season backed that up.

He found his level at Sereno.

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I mean on the franchise, not Robertson. This is some activity here, now, like we haven't seen in a bit. And it seems to be folks who were burned hard last year and are (rightfully) not happy about it.

17. azjohnnymac

azjohnnymac Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    ah..got ya.

Yes burned last season, but was excited for this season. I just want some movement in the right direction and the silence and apparent inaction is concerning. Like many others, I am holding off on buying season tickets until there is some news of past player payments, signings, 2014 kits and preseason.

I have little doubt things are happening in the background and will be over the moon once these happen and we can move on and just enjoy the season.

At the end of the day I, like many others, just want a team here that we can support and a FO that wants to work with us to make the franchise grow.

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I understand, they are, and you will. But it's going to be...well, a little bizarre.

19. azjohnnymac

azjohnnymac Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Bizarre is OK....it would not be PFC if it was not the case :) Bizarre just means things are more interesting and then there is little chance of us being bored.

Delighted to hear that things are indeed moving in the background.

20. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd forgotten about that. I can't believe someone thought that was a good idea.

That scares me.

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe bizarre isn't the right word. Unexpected, I guess. But positive. Seems like. I mean, the first game (if it's not rescheduled) is three weeks from Sunday. Something has to give here before too long, because it's really hard to throw guys together in a short period and have them compete with MLS reserves who are already training (albeit with no head coach).

The surprising part is that our crack local reporters haven't unearthed what's going on. Or maybe it's not that surprising.

22. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely the season cancellation notice is coming...soon.

23. Lobos4Sale

Lobos4Sale Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Phoenix Monsoon
    I know what is going on. The crowd funded tour bus is getting revitalized. Signing players is secondary to the bus especially since the end game is to just have a full team of Bentos to play in the starting 11.

Seriously though, let's buy them a bus.

24. azjohnnymac

azjohnnymac Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Rescheduling it would make sense, especially since that would give them until the 12th to be ready. That also gives them 3 home games before hitting the road.

The weekend of 8/30 & 31 could work as the Rapids 1st team is away that weekend and the reserves have nothing on their schedule either.