Phoenix FC General Info and News page

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Killersheep, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FO is still working on ticket prices. I'm not sure what the hold up is but with these guys it should not come as a shock that there is still major lags in the system. But, hey, at least the expectations are lower. I hear they'll be happy to get 2k for games. Much more realistic than the 8k per game they expected going into last season (before the seating SNAFU of course).

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, he certainly couldn't WIN at that level. That's obvious. But, shoot, Jeff Brantley played Division I college football.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Going to sell out every game."

Nye Lavalle Level Idiocy, that was.

4. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2k seems like a reasonable number, but they only reached that 2 or 3 times last season. They'll need to market better to improve on that.

I saw that Travis Bowen scored a goal for Galaxy II last night. I'm guessing he was just a guest player, but maybe they want some experienced USL PRO players on their squad.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're going to need some, I think. The young kids can only learn so much in a Lord of the Flies situation without some experienced professionals to help guide them.

6. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phoenix FC: Masters of the Obvious

I wonder if Odeen laughs out loud when he conducts these interviews. They couldn't set up any friendlies with MLS teams b/c the season starts later, but other USL PRO and even PDL teams did. I hope they remember they have other fans besides LFR, but maybe they can get by on revenue from supporters section tickets and beer sales. If I wasn't a strong believer in free speech, I'd try to get a law passed that prevent teams from saying 'MLS is the goal' until they've had at least one successful season in the lower leagues.

I only watched a couple minutes of Odeen's moment of Zin(edine Zidane), but haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but I do when I read them.

8. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rui rambles and says nothing. I wish more precise and targeted questions would be thrown at Rui so we can hear him squirm.

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, it's "the working process."

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only vaguely related, but potentially of interest....stirring on the Monsoon's Facebook page where their cover image now says "Coming Soon Summer 2014" and has an NPSL logo on it.

So I figure I'll go to wwww.phoenixmonsoon.com, the URL listed on their Facebook page.

Oh, that was fun.

11. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hearing they're just planning on doing rec leagues this year and then joining NPSL in 2015. They are going to try to qualify for the USOC through USASA though. Also they clearly have the best soccer based website in Arizona hands down.

12. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check your messages

14. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it looks like Botafogo and/or Chaves will come through to save the team. If they don't, it sounds like Phoenix FC won't be able to sign any players. Hopefully, it all works. I think Odeen owes John McPherson (who I'm guessing is @azjohnnymac ) for chatting up Bento on twitter.

15. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got an e-mail. Season tickets are on sale. Doesn't look like are honoring the 30% discount that was promised at the end of last season though.

16. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets are, in fact, for sale. Supporters section tickets are a fair price and they've added incentive this season with a savings of $5 per game. How to the other seats compare in price?

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I came here specifically to see if you had seen that, Matt!

Hey, those were the old owners who made that promise!

Now it's

So they are going to reduce the ticket fees....which are fees that a third party takes to do the work that they are too understaffed or ill-equipped to do themselves...

Okay, then.

Zero chance of that happening.

18. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I e-mailed them and asked about the 30% discount. We'll see what they have to say.

19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, they seem to have realized that cost adjustments were warranted and did it. Here's how season tickets break down (based on 14 games):

Type......................Cost...Per Game...Single
    Centerfield Premium......$375.00...$26.79...$35.00
    Sideline Premium.........$275.00...$19.64...$26.00
    Centerfield Bleachers....$225.00...$16.07...$23.00
    Sideline Upper...........$220.00...$15.71...$22.00
    Corner Lower.............$175.00...$12.50...$17.00
    Supporters (GA)..........$140.00...$10.00...$15.00

Now, see, if they were back at Sun Devil in its full configuration, and I could get my seats up in the corner that I loved for $16 a game, I'd have done two season tickets. But my son lives in Tempe and we would have gone together, and we're not going to go to every game in Peoria (even though it's way closer to my house).

I was guessing single game tickets would be somewhere in the $32/$24/$20/$16/$12 range, and I was a little bit low. (It is strange that there's only a $5 difference between "Centerfield Bleachers" and "Sideline Upper," though, in season tickets and only $1 a game in single game.)

[​IMG]

Seems like 210-214 would be the place to be. I'll go to some games. But not season tickets.

20. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    If they don't honor the discount, at least we'll know that the FO is already in mid-season form. :unsure:

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can see that 105-113 and 106-114 are behind dugouts. And if you're interested, here's the baseball field overlayed on the soccer seating chart, to give you an idea of where the dirt will be if they don't sod it.

pfc_seating_with_infield.jpg

22. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're allegedly going to sod it but it will go down to the wire. I think there's a 10 day gap between the final Spring Training game and their first home game.

23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Takes sod a bit of time to be good, though, doesn't it? Even in Arizona? And it won't put down roots in the dirt, will it?

24. Golot

Golot Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Chandler, AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not buying season tickets this year. Even if they honor the 30% discount I was promised. The prices are too high. I payed $200 for a season ticket on section E at Sun Devil last year, which in my opinion, is a better location than the "sideline premium" location here at $275. Plus the drive for me is almost an hour each way since the stadium is in BFE. I might go to a game or two and watch the rest online.