Philadelphia Comeback Kids

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by hykos1045, Aug 16, 2010.

1. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been 29 instances of two goal leads in WPS soccer in 2010. 26 of them were safe and held up (90 pct). One resulted in a 2-2 tie (Chicago erased a 0-2 deficit vs. Washington Freedom). The other two leaders fell...

Washington and Atlanta were the clubs that have squandered two goal leads... both to Philadelphia! How about that, now.

2. Hoover

Hoover New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Great win for Philly and very helpful in the ever tightening playoff race (going down to the wire). Remarkable turn around as Hykos pointed out and very unusual, never mind twice in one season.

This team showed lots of heart and competitive fire to come back yesteday. Even though Philly dominated the 2H still very hard to overcome a 2 goal deficit and especially against Hope Solo. Well done.

Congrat's

3. phillypride

phillypride Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW!!! When this team gets on a roll, they're unstoppable! The Washington letdown still bothers me, but I have high hopes for the play-offs!

4. ville41

ville41 New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookhaven, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night was a great win for the Independence. I've been fortunate to have been at both of those comeback wins this season! Me and my fellow sons of ben had a great time supporting the Independence! Were looking forward to August 29th!!