Phil Brown: I will make sure Jozy is fit for World Cup

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Adiaga Two, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    They'll play Jozy if it benefits HULL to play him. Right now it does. If Hull continues to struggle scoring goals...........they'll look for other options in the January transfer window. The premier league isn't the type of league where you keep throwing a young player out there who isn't doing the job. There's too much at stake.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There also seems to be a "don't call him up in Nov" hint, too, in the "he's been away so much, I don't know him" whine. Maybe that's just me.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Brown could only be perplexed by what he saw from Jozy against CR.

If Jozy plays with that fire every match Hull stays in the Prems.

That being said, it took Dempsey, a much more mature player, two solid years to learn how to learn how to play in the Prems.

This might also indicate that if Jozy does well and Hull stay in top flight football, that they would consider bringing Jozy over full time.

5. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy's going to need to show it in training first.

6. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brown may be full of s*** but he sure does know how to motivate players. Jozy is going to go back to Hull on a mission, I believe.

7. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -_-

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    You mean like how he shattered the confidence of his players last season by berating them at halftime in front of the fans..........leading to a second-half premier-league meltdown?

9. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Hull almost got relegated last year because Phil made them cry? I thought it was because they relied on Craig Fagan and Caleb Folan for goals.

10. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they almost got relegated last year because Phil is a horrible coach.

11. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    1 person likes this.
  12. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He needs to focus like this guy:

[​IMG]

13. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    too bad Phil Brown won't be coach of Hull then and will have no control over Jozy's PT.

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    doubt Phil Brown will have a job by December...

15. JohhnyCaps

JohhnyCaps Member

Jul 20, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be, but he'll still have tan you can buy in a bottle...

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    "The infamous PB HT show".....

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2208134/phil_brown_half_time_team_talk_on_the_pitch"]Phil Brown Half-time Team Talk on the Pitch - Video[/ame]

17. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no they almost got relegated last year because they overachieved with the only premiership calibur players in their squad being Geovanni,Turner, Myhill, and Bullard.

Phil Brown is a good coach, make no mistake. The fact he took Hull City to the premiership makes him a good coach.

Itll be close if Hull is relegated this year, they are favorites with Burnley and Portsmouth. But there are alot of bad....bad teams on the lower end of the table this year.

18. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i still dont understand why this was so bad i thought it was a fantastic idea, thats why i love Phil Brown, hes an unorthodox coach he doesnt fit the suit idealism of most aristocratic coaches.

19. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're wrong. Hull overachieved making it to the PL and staying up. Phil Brown is a bad coach, look at how many games they've won since he decided to be a jackass infront of the fans. Good coaches don't do that. Roy Hodgson is a good coach, Martin O'Neill is a good coach, Phil Brown is not.

20. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was a horrendous idea and totally killed any respect the team had for him. It was a horrible idea and he paid for it.

21. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Fantastic idea. Good politics as well. Brown is too conservative with his lineup selection. His tactics need to match his personality and flare. He can't continue to start Jan Venegoor of Hesselink up top on his own and expect to survive in the Prem.

22. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martin Oneill, like David Moyes, coaches a well established team in the premiership with considerable financial backing and prestige to lure players.

Good coaches keep teams in the league with a transfer kitty of 4 million and lack of being able to lure almost anything to their squad. Its arguable in the past decade that there was not a team with more of a stigma about it than Hull when they came up, they were labelled as "will beat Derby's record of lowest points handily". No one wanted to go to that perceived catastrophe. Brown makes the best with what he has, and you ask around that squad right now if he's lost the respect of the locker room, that teams more united than its ever been before i assure you. Brown takes chances with high risks, high reward methods. Thats why he brought in Jozy, and thats why he is a fantastic coach for jozy.

Roy Hodgson is a legend and the best in the premiership nothing else will convince me otherwise we agree there

23. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will make sure Jozy is fit for the World Cup... right after I buy a new headset.

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Did you see Hull's record since that incident, or are do you enjoy being obtuse?

He has even admitted some players have turned on him

25. tottenham1115

tottenham1115 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will make sure Jozy is fit for the World Cup... JUKE! IM NOT PLAYING HIM HAH!!!!!