Phase IV Ticket Sightings Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by sarabella, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicagoRed

ChicagoRed New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Chicago
    Thanks, Smithfan and others. Then I'm refreshing the correct page. I just wasn't sure.

Pero, no they only let you buy singles OR TST's. Perhaps during last week you could have quickly dumped the singles in another window, have them picked up by someone else immediately, and then you would be cleared. Otherwise you'll get the error message.

I've gotten my brother's info to help with this problem.

2. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have a fast connection :D

3. MartinJolsBaldPatch

MartinJolsBaldPatch New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Have we finished for the day do you reckon?

4. yaz2k1

yaz2k1 Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How fast? > 10 Mbps here tested by "testmy.com"

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
    Connection is:: 10315 Kbps about 10.32 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)
    Tested From:: http://testmy.net (Server 2)
    Test Time:: 2006/04/12 - 2:38pm
    Bottom Line:: 180X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.81 sec
    Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 9.657 seconds to complete
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
    Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 28.2 % faster than the average for host

5. Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

Oct 18, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Tunisia v. Saudi Arabia was up on the French site.

Has anyone gotten Update Checker to work properly? Mine just goes off all the time, and when I ask it to show me on the page what's changed, there appears to be nothing. Can't believe I was asleep at the switch yesterday when my coveted M49 came up- thought the thread alerts were just more gloating from the resale phase, and I'm sure I'm not the only one worried about keeping their job after the resale phase. Let me know if anyone wants any France or US tix for an M49 or M52 tik.

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    How about this:
    Your connection is: 41401 Kbps or 41.4 Mbps
    You Downloaded at: 5054 kB/s
    You are running: 722 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 0.2 second(s)
    Member Ident: CompID:198223136132
    Test Time:: 2006/04/12 - 12:54pm
    Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0)
    Test ID: BA24OT1CR (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)
    Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 737.4 % faster than the average for host (rcn.com)
    This was tested from a 12160 kB file and took 2.406 seconds to complete

7. ASUXLOP

ASUXLOP New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Texas

What's "Update Checker". Is this a reason why I've never been able to get through to any tickets?

8. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you using "Filter 0.3" in the "Checker to use:" dropdown? that helps. i still seem to get a lot of false alarms though.

9. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a plug-in that alerts the user when something has changed on the site. Can be useful but not necessary. I have gotten a slew of tickets without it.

10. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess that's it for today!

11. yaz2k1

yaz2k1 Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Very impressive. Too bad we can't get RCN here in Florida.

12. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    whoah!

ok, my connection is not THAT fast...:eek:

13. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, you'll get in if you continue to refresh and the nubmer of tickets you requested become available...I know this because I forgot that I was on a secure/"red error" message page that I kept refreshing, and then all of the sudden I was entering applicant/guest information, but I had forgotten which tickets I had ordered. So yeah, that is one way to do it, even if it is serendipitous.

14. Pero

Pero New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Philadelphia,USA
    So wait, lets say i'm refreshing red error message, and then a package becomes available,no matter how many tickets I selected it will take me to login page and I'll have to buy whatever is offered,right?

15. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No. I'm pretty sure it'll only offer you the same tickets that you applied for to give you the error page. Anything else will just show up in yellow as normal and you'll have to select it.

If you original choice does come up, it'll just throw you straight into the buying page.

16. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    step 1:

ticket becomes available. You choose one game and continue...

step 2:

a screen appears where you choose the number of tickets you want to have - let's say 2.

step 3:

robot...

step 4:

either waiting room or directly red error page. Start refreshing the red error page until a login screen appears

step 5:

The login screen leads you to a screen where you can enter all your details - it's the game that you have chosen before! That means - let's say you had chosen Iran-Angola (step 1) and two tickets (step 2) - that you will get exactly these 2 tickets for Iran-Angola.

17. famdawg

famdawg member at large

Dec 14, 2005
    NY
    Step 6
    List unwanted Iran v Angola tickets on swap thread, ask for any England game or Holl v Arg in exchange. Sit by computer waiting for PM.

Step 7
    Silence

18. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How very true! :D

19. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
  20. famdawg

famdawg member at large

Dec 14, 2005
    NY
    You're absolutely right! Those maps are NOTHING like the FIFA ticketing maps, whatsoever! My cat 2's to USA v Italy are where I thought cat 4's were....many of the Cat 1 tickets (in the corners in the Kaisersalutern pdf) are what FIFA had listed as Cat 3....unbelievable (or by FIFA standards....par for the course)

21. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA

Who wants to start the class action ? ;)

22. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    why dont y'all wait until you see the section # before going crazy... have patience...

23. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    agreed. I don't believe that this is the real plan. It would be absurd.

24. famdawg

famdawg member at large

Dec 14, 2005
    NY
    If it's not real, someone went to a lot of trouble to lay it out. Also, the concept of making 60% of the stadium seats cat 1 sounds right up FIFA's "maximize the revenue stream'" alley. It would also explain wht so many of the tix popping up in phase 4 have been cat 1, there's just SO many of them in the stadium...

25. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA

However, it would net Fifa a lot more cabbage since there would be (from the looks of things) many more CAT I's than any other single CAT. Interesting to note the "subject to change" tag on the map. At the same time, even though anyone with tickets is extremely fortunate to get anything, would you be disappointed if you were low and behind the goal when expecting to be somewhat alongside the pitch?

Did anyone get tickets to Italy v USA in the resale phase? My understanding is that they listed the seat location. We could compare their CAT/location with these maps and see if it matches up?