"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah. James hasn't been here for 2 years and will most than likely never play again.

Isco will be fine. Zidane likes him and he will play himself back into form

If it makes you feel better, I'd rather play Isco than Kroos

4x4s repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #3902 robnycus, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    I personally think having both Isco and Hazard on the same team is overkill. They are almost identical in style but Hazard is more productive in the final third and faster.
    Isco as CM does not really cut it for me..he is an attacking mid or could play as a wing forward like he does for Spain as Hazard does..

Anyone who wants to see James play next season should simply give up on that idea because the AM position, under Zidane, whenever is be needed would undoubtedly go to Isco over James any day without even thinking about it

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I find it curious how people here hate half the team or consider the players that washed up, but it's somehow still enough to be positive and very hopeful about going into the season.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If it makes you feel better Id rather play James than Kroos. But the relationship between James and Zidane is a disaster. And out of Isco, Modric and Kroos I believe only Isco can rediscover his threepeat level, because age makes it too late for the other two guys.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Nope.

Despite ups, and downs, James 2018/2019 season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isco 2018/2019

robnycus and Digital repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed, I wondered what that was all about, not sure what it was based on, IMO, generally James is much more of a decider of games and fashioning opportunities for others, i’m sorry that ZZ does not want him, I think he could help this team tremendously in an area where I see us struggling (apart from the obvious) and that is scoring goals, i’d start James long before LV ( a ZZ favorite) on that RW where he has played with success before in a 4-3-3

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I think lots of people see it that way:

"Bayern didn't keep James at all cost == James did crap"

or

"He didn't play 35 games with Bayern == Happened because he was crap"

But in reality he didn't do bad at all when he played.

He didn't fit Kovac plans though.

Digital repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Main issue was consistency due to injuries.

That will remain the biggest concern for me

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Huh? Where did I argue that Isco 2018/19 >>>>>>>>> James 2018/19? I also wonder what was that all about, and not sure what its based on.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What do you guys think zidane will use him for?

CM? AM? First sub?

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    AM , rotational CM for when one of Modric/Kroos is injured and one of the first two subs.
    We’ve seen this before already so I am not expecting anything different

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Right midfielder probably in 4-4-2.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1166640512381652992 is not a valid tweet id

14. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Fking hell another freaking injury. FFS.

15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The medical team is going to lose us a league title at this rate. I don’t even know who at the club needs to be held accountable.

16. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point they should put update notices for the uninjured, exclusiva: Nacho and Lucas are not injured today.

temesgen repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Either the players are not taking care of themselves, or the club is overworking them.

The medical team is there for evaluation, to me it seems like we're training the wrong way considering most injuries happen outside the field but what do I know.

Digital and Prit Javier repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I am always confused by folks here and what they mean when they say medical team? The trainer's are responsible for planning the player's workout in conjunction with the physios who give their input (the level of their involvement varies). The medical team, as I understand it, is there for diagnosis and treatment. The cause of the injuries is most likely the trainer's (training regimen) or the player themselves. Unless our physios and doctors are the ones making training regimens etc we don't really know what their level of involvement is. I really don't know for sure how our system is set up over there.

Digital repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    When we are having relpases because of missed diagnosis it's due to poor medical team.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some players are more injury prone than others though. Can't say off the hip but the fewest of our injuries are relapses.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That is as basic a generalization ever. The inky players on our team right now who should be considering prone to injury is Gareth Bale.

Being hurt or playing hurt is part of the job, however these significant injuries which happen so frequently are not just coincidence.

These guys aren't doing proper recovery. They can't be doing that consistently.

22. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    add Varane, Dani and Nacho

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to think it is the players who are 1) over sensitive and unwilling to train or play with any pain or discomfort, and 2) not taking care of themselves and following instructions at home, "off the clock."

I don't think the "medical team" does much until there is an injury (like most doctors), while the training staff is responsible for determining the level of fitness desired and the exercise required. Ultimately the players have to know their bodies and be disciplined. This is what set Ronaldo apart.

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BUMP
    1199748434443550721 is not a valid tweet id

ahnaf, MiamiNative0722, temesgen and 3 others repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to talk about Isco’s resurgence. He’s been fantastic both against PSG and Alaves in this free role above a midfield 3.

It’s to the point that he may be earning a starting spot again. Incredible, given that just weeks ago it was probably assumed he was done here.

Zidane has been getting all of the old guard back to their best.

Hendrix22, Ahmadi8, temesgen and 4 others repped this.