Petition to get better refs in MLS

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Chris M., Aug 17, 2009.

1. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Refs suck everywhere. It all evens out in the end. Where exactly would MLS get these better refs?

2. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    If you all want better refs in MLS, then maybe the next time your are at a youth match or with your league. Think twice about yelling and abusing a young refs. I'm not a ref, but it's pretty shameful what they have to put up with. No wonder the attrition rate is so high.

3. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    And tell Mathis not to slam the ball down like a petulant nine-year old.

4. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to radmonkey again.

Amen.

5. ajaj

ajaj New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Holladay
    the league employs 6 full time officials. this is pathetic. and trust me, its not just RSL fans who want to see this--we ALL want to see the quality of officiating improve.

6. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Well said.

7. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I'd like to start a petition for a better coaches in MLS, specifically in Midwestern cities.

9. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Me too" posts suck but...

ME TOO!

Really, the key is the USSF. Whatever they've been doing since MLS was created, it hasn't worked. The players have gotten better but the refs decidedly have not.

To be fair to USSF, we won't get world-class officials until soccer becomes a truly major sport here and we build a real mainstream soccer culture where pretty much everyone knows the rules and all fans at a game can tell good reffing from bad reffing. Still, we can definitely do better than the sad sacks currently ruining MLS games every week and USSF should be studying foreign leagues (except for Scotland, apparently: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/1999/05/05/mls_referees/ ) and seeing how they develop their officials and then copy that stuff over here.