Petit thread [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Marselha send scouts to the game Benfica vs Setubal, his named on the list of possible players

FRANCESES VIRAM JOGO COM V. SETÚBAL
    Marselha tem Petit debaixo de olho

O Olympique de Marselha está a seguir Petit. Os responsáveis do clube francês estiveram, na Luz, no passado domingo, a observar o jogador no encontro com o V. Setúbal. Antes de se lesionar, o médio dos encarnados já tinha sido o alvo preferencial dos "espiões" gauleses, em diversos encontros da SuperLiga.

Ao que apurámos, os responsáveis do Marselha vão prosseguir as observações ao médio, admitindo a possibilidade de apresentar uma proposta para garantir o respectivo concurso no final da temporada. Antes disso, nem pensar.

O Benfica não pretende desfazer-se de nenhum dos titulares em Janeiro e os franceses também não vão efectuar volumosos investimentos na próxima reabertura do mercado de transferências.

Outros interesses

Mesmo elegendo Petit como o principal alvo das sucessivas viagens a Portugal, os marselheses têm também concentrado atenções em outros jogadores de Benfica, FC Porto e Sporting, nomeadamente médios-centro e pontas-de-lança.

O jornal francês "Foot Transferts" deu conta, recentemente, do interesse em Sokota, mas, até ao momento, não houve propostas concretas pelo croata em final de contrato.

Data: Quinta-Feira, 11 de Novembro de 2004 02:45:00

imprimir comentar enviar

2. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    I wonder for how much we could sell him for. $ 4 million and he is gone.

3. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Benfica can't sell Petit now, he is too valuable to the team and they have no one to replace him with.

4. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    You're abolutely right. We all saw how crappy our midfield plays without him. We sell him now and we can wave goodbye to any chance of winning the title.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Petit worth about 8 million euros, his a cap player, I believe Benfica payed around 3 million euros

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i'm pretty sure that Benfica wont sell him for less that 12 millions, like Tiago, he's one of benfica's jewels this seasons

7. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    I agree. He's probably been their best player this season, they're a different team without him. Rather than selling off guys to make money, let's concentrate on winning the league. Then the Champions League money will come.

8. Twinkies at war

Twinkies at war New Member

Sep 20, 2002

Yeah, let's get rid of our most influential player, it's not like we need him or anything, we got Paulo Almeida. :rolleyes:

9. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This would be a huge blow to say the least. Believe me when I say that despite being a Porto fan, I do not like to see quality players like Petit leaving the Superliga.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Biggy can you move these thread to the under the Portuguese clubs, also we should change Portuguese clubs and Portuguese players

11. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I can't understand how teams that are in contention..are looking to sell their top players. Setubal will drop in the standings if they sell Jorginho and Benfica's midfield will be considerably weaker without Petit (especially in UEFA). Fans have to take a stand eventually or every Portuguese team will be in a constant 'rebuilding phase'.

12. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Benfica won't sell Petit. I don't believe V&V are stupid enough to sell him. (Although it wouldn't surprise me if they do) They are a top contender for the title and they can kiss any chance goodbuy without him.

Setubal, however, is a different case. They know they have no chance to hang on to the top spots and with all the Jorginho hype going around, they can't afford to keep him. Besides, the player himself has said he will not re-sign with Vitoria.

13. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Moved from main Portugal forum.

14. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Benfica can't sell Petit. They only have 50% of his passe. They would have to sell him for like 24 million Euros to get 12 for him. That's just not going to happen. That's why LFV & JV are trying to extend his current contract that would give him a 100% raise. Grande Petit, we need you!

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ