Petit and Baba out for a Month?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I was talking to my sister last night and she mentioned that the rumour around the club is that Petit and Baba are both injured and out of action for a month.

Don't know whats up with Babayaro, but, it would seem that Petit has done in his hamstring for the umteenth time with Chelsea.
    A pity as he was showing some great form-but hardly surprising now is it?
    His time at Chelsea has been riddled with injury and the fact that Ranieri bought Geremi as all round cover for the middle is now looking to be a class move.

Tough luck on Babayaro-hope Bridge is up to it as we have a season shaping few fgames coming up in the next two weeks.

Conceivably we could be top of the league-5 points clear of Arsenal yet and top of the champs league group with qualification to the next round well within our grasp.

On the other hand we could have a disasterous period and a new manager-who knows huh?

[​IMG]

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  3. zolacfc

zolacfc New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Colorado
    That's not good news. Hopefully Tuesday game against B'ham won't stretch our defense and Terry will be rested by then. JFH will be sporting a black eye from his punch-up in the nightclub, but if he scores he will continue his "running man" dance. That is how he described it on Chelsea TV.

I haven't heard any more news on the FA's decision re: Keown etc???? Vieira should be sitting out of the Match on Saturday?

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This just ilustrates what I said before about the amount of players you need to compete at the highest level. It's particularly important if quite a lot of your players also have international duties to attend to at various points throughout the season.

Imagine if we hadn't bought Bridge and Makalele - or, to put it another way, imagine if we were Arsenal...

5. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia