Peter Wilt to head Milwaukee soccer group

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    i haven't had a PBR since.......uhhhh, last night.

On tap at Ferrante's in Mequon, Wisconsin!

peter

2. FireFanInPackerLand

Dec 8, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter, I've seen a couple references on this board so far, but I don't know if anyone has said it outright. With you as a Marquette alum, I think that this team should be named "Milwaukee Warriors." ;)

3. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    i've thought of that myself.......

:)

i just hope we get to the point where a name the team contest is needed.

peter

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Just to let everyone know how this was covered on TV up here...

Channel 4 (NBC) had a segment at 10:07 on the news last night. Channels 6 (FOX) and 58 (CBS) had segments during the sports, with one station listing Peter's name as "Peter Wil" and the other calling the Fire a MISL team. Channel 12 (ABC) also carried something during the 10:00 news, but I missed it somewhere in the channel surfing.

From what I saw, Channel 4's coverage was the best, not just because the feature was early in the news but also because it was a better piece overall.

5. As another far north suburbanite, I'm guessing the fan lines up here will split pretty close to those of the packers/bears fans - If you are from Illinois and Chicago stock originally, probably for the Fire, even if all the way down in the south subs. Can't root for anyone from Wisconsen. If you happen to be genetically green and yellow, probably inclinded to continue to root for whatever is up North.

6. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/grant_wahl/07/15/leiweke/2.html

Didn't want to add a new thread, just wanted to point out that Tim Leiweke now says that LA is the "model franchise"