Peter Reid

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by BornBlue, Nov 10, 2003.

1. BornBlue

BornBlue New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Englewood Fl
    Many thanks Reidy for choosing Fratton Park for Leeds biggest ever defeat in the Premiership.
    For what it's worth though, Reidy shouldn't be paying the ultimate price for what amounts to a piss poor all round team performance.... look at the overpaid Prima Donna's if you want to blame someone for Leeds' plight.

2. SAF está loco

SAF está loco New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    land of armadillos
    Learning to be a loser

Prime losers. Bakke arrested twice for DWI. Smith, Danny Mills and Viduka with hot tempers. These are the minor misdemeanors.

But in my opinion, Reid was no good at Sunderland and worse at Leeds. It seems to me like they're a bunch of immature millionaires who need a hard liner for a manager, someone who's going to threaten them every breath they take. The hard partying and general misconduct off the pitch takes a toll on an athlete's body, and how can they perform well on the pitch if they don't keep a balance and maintain semi-healthy lives?

Truth is, I don't think any players deserve to stay in the Prem. They should be relegated and taught some serious lessons.

And Pompey's all the rave. I wish them the very best!

3. accidental_giraffe

accidental_giraffe New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Edinburgh
    This may sound like a stupid thing to say (and I know I'm gona regret putting this line in cause someone is bound to quote it!) but I am finding it more and more difficult to blame the Leeds players for their plight.

Mark Viduka, so he has had a strop... so would most people!! After Champions League semi-finals big european clubs stepped in for Viduka, but Leeds turned them down flat... now... compatriot Harry Kewell has swanned off to Liverpool for a measly £3m (what Leeds get).

Secondly, Viduka (and others) have watched the entire team be dismantled and replaced with anyone who's career is going badly enuff to want to go on loan to Elland Road.

Viduka has been accused of not caring about the Leeds cause... if this was true wouldn't a transfer request have been submitted quite some time ago, also, i think it would be quite hard to be commited to the club when not another soul at the club seems to be

LUFC RIP!

4. SAF está loco

SAF está loco New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    land of armadillos
    Good points

Hey Accidental, you made some excellent points, I didn't realize all this and some credit should be given to those who have stayed: It takes a lot of character to stay put (the players) and be subjected to a series of humiliations!

I guess many fans, like myself, are just mad at the whole thing. It's hard for us to see a club foreseen as going down (even closing its doors) when the season started a short while ago. The club had no (and still hasn't) idea of how to manage their budget. I read a good article yesterday on the beeb about mishandling moneys - and their tables show a bunch of spoilt millionaires just sucking whatever life is left. Then the management did get greedy with Rio and all went downhill from there.

But how can a club stay alive when it breathes around a revolving door?