Peter Crouch Rumor

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by soccerman2013, May 23, 2014.

1. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Hi

I heard that the Caps are pursuing Peter Crouch. Anyone have any more details on this? I find it inconsistent with what we have seen as Robbo is getting South American players it seems. I would have liked Peter in the MLS about 3 years ago. I think he would be a good fit.

2. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    wake me up with some hard evidence that this is a solid rumor- it smells to me like you are you are trying to 'blow smoke up everyone's arse'

but if it came to pass, crouch might be a perfect fit for the caps who sometimes need a different type of attacking player inside the 18 yard box

3. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    No contract has been signed so there is no hard evidence. He is on Robbo's "list" of targets. But, my sources tell me he wants to stay in England so it may not go too far.

4. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    you should crouch a little lower when making these speculations with no info to back them up= otherwise some poor, naive soccer soul with think you know what you are talking about

5. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    why do you have to be rude.

He is on "the list". so what ? I just wanted to see what people thought of the idea and if he would be a fit here.

6. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    well if it does happen, i will send u my apology- i think crouch would be a very good signing for the caps- he brings a different element to the attack inside the box- corner kicks, nodding the ball down for another attacker to pounce on and causes some disruption to the defenders and goalie

7. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    It looks like Peter is wanting to stay in England, and the transfer fee being asked was a bit much for the Caps.

So, the search continues.