Peter Brophy´s "Stop Making Sense - Manchester City, Mother Russia & Me"

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by domingo, Nov 18, 2003.

1. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am just reading this book.
    Did anyone of you read it and how do you like it?
    I am half way through and think it´s very interesting and entertaining. And I blieve that I can understand almost everything.
    In january/february my girlfriend and I are planning to visit the Manchester Academy of English for 6 weeks. Are there matches played during this time?

2. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no shortage of these sorts of memoirs by fans these days, but this one sounds fairly entertaining. I'll have to see if I can get a copy.

ManCity home games in January and February
    JANUARY
    H 07 Charlton Athletic (PREM.) 19:45
    H 17 Blackburn Rovers (PREM.) 15:00
    FEBRUARY
    H 07 Birmingham City (PREM.) 15:00
    H 28 Chelsea (PREM.) 15:00

January 24 is is kept open for FA Cup 4th round matches, which, of course, haven't been scheduled yet.

3. stockmanjr

stockmanjr Member

Jun 22, 2003
    NYC
    I always thought premiership sides entered the fa cup in the 3 round proper?Im going to be in manchester around the dates of the 3rd round and/or 3rd replay's.
    -howie

4. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right; it does. I was looking at the schedule on the ManCity webpage, which doesn't list the day of the week, so I wasn't sure where the open date for the 3rd round game was. Usually, the 3rd round is the first Saturday after New Years Day.
    Looking elsewhere, that seems to be the weekend of January 3 and 4. I imagine the draw is some ways off, since a couple 1st round games were played this week. Both the pairing of teams and who is at home are done on a blind draw basis.

5. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    You're right,NER, we're at White Hart Lane V Spurs in the 3rd round on the 3rd Jan & given that they are even worse than us,it should give us a 4th round tie!!? Home or away,it doesn't really matter...what worries me is that the Uefa Cup & FA Cup final are only 3 days apart so we've got our work cut out!!!

6. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    Ignore this!! We are playing the 3rd round of the FA Cup on the 3rd/4th of Jan BUT not V Spurs at WHL (unless we do happen to draw them!) This is the drawback of posting after you've had a skinfull at the local!!

7. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's the only drawback, it sounds like a pretty good night! :D