Peter Bosz and the New Ajax

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On what do you base your opinion the red clubs are 2nd to the EPL clubs you mentioned.
    In my opinion they are at least at par, especially Monaco and Dortmund. When did those EPL clubs slap them?

2. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Players level but I agree PL clubs suck in europe and especially CL, City lost against Monaco and United against Dortmund would be 50/50 if not slight advantage for the germans.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Having seen a lot of Spurs, Liverpool and Dortmund this season, I don't see him starting at any of those clubs. The fact that he under performed in the league this season having moved to a bigger club speaks volumes to me. I would love to see him go for €20M or more this summer; I don't think he adds much to the club at all.

4. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Tottenham wants to replace Eriksen with Barkley next summer...Ziyech is a better player than Barkley.

He can put one of the three Liverpool midfielders on the bench too.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've never been a fan of Barkley but Ziyech is not better than Eriksen IMO.

6. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    No he is not. While they're both smooth on the ball, Eriksen scores a lot of important goals, Ziyech doesn't.

But I don't think Tottenham would find a better replacer than Ziyech though.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The UEFA technical committee picked de Ligt, Younes, and Traore to their team of the tournament. Curious that Sanchez was not selected as he had a better overall tourney than de Ligt who only started the recent matches after Sinkgraven was injured.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2471052.html

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Big teams always win in finales. If you look at the history of europa league, it's always the biggest team that won the finale. Last surprise was in 2000 when Galatasaray beat Arsenal.

In CL the case is even worst since the finales always have two big teams. Last surprise was in 2004 when the finale was Porto-Monaco. And a bit before Leverkusen reached the finale in 2002. But since 2004 it's always been two big teams in finale...

World cups always had two big teams in finale; no exception at all.

Euro has been won by Greece and Denmark though.

Ajax had very little chances to win statistically against a team like Manchester that is worth hundreds of millions on the paper.

10. Ahum, Feyenoord beat Borrussia Dortmund 2002. Wasnot that a surprise? BVB budget = xtimes ours.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, but you guys were the homeside so you got lucky and won

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Was there a real difference of budget back then ?

13. No, half the stadium were Germans.
    Yes and there has always been between Feyenoord and top German clubs at least since the 1990ies.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^i think Ajax were the last Dutch team to make the Deloitte list of to 25 clubs by revenue. That was about 5 years ago. Now mid-table EPL teams make more than Ajax! It's all from TV money

15. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wrong forum I know, but why do you think Eriksen will leave?

16. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Barca wants him and apparentely Eriksen is planning to leave. Nothing sure though.

Since we were talking about Ziyech and rumours : As Roma and Liverpool would be very interested in the player.

17. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    image: http://secure.cache.images.core.optasports.com/soccer/teams/150x150/1515.png

[​IMG]

‘Ajax doet Nigel de Jong aanbieding voor tweejarig contract’
    Maandag, 29 mei 2017 om 13:06
    image: http://static.voetbalzone.nl/images/photos/ori_576_324/9435743511835.jpg

[​IMG]
    Ajax moest vorige week woensdag in de finale van de Europa League het hoofd buigen tegen Manchester United en volgens veel van de kritieken had dit deels te maken met een gebrek aan ervaring bij de jonge Amsterdamse ploeg. Volgens geruchten uit Turkije heeft Marc Overmars zich deze commentaren ter harte genomen en is bezig met de rentree van een routinier met een verleden in de Amsterdam ArenA.

Fotospor meldt namelijk dat Ajax Nigel de Jong al een voorstel heeft gedaan voor een tweejarig contract. De 32-jarige middenvelder zou in het geval van een overstap van Galatasaray naar de nummer twee van de Eredivisie echter wel fors moeten inleveren: hij zou in Istanbul zo’n 2,5 miljoen euro per jaar verdienen, terwijl hij in Amsterdam moet rekenen op een jaarsalaris van drie tot zes ton.

Cim Bom zou een transfersom van zo’n twee miljoen euro willen zien voor De Jong, die nog een contract heeft tot medio 2018. Als de middenvelder er inderdaad voor kiest om naar Ajax te vertrekken, betekent dat een rentree bij de club waar hij zijn opleiding genoot. De Jong speelde tussen 2002 en 2006 al in de hoofdmacht van de Amsterdammers en verdedigde daarna nog de kleuren van Hamburger SV, Manchester City, AC Milan en LA Galaxy.

18. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Nainggolan is wanted by several Premier League clubs this summer and is heavily expected to leave Roma this summer. Once he does leave, Roma wants to capture a swift replacement and according to De Telegraaf, Davy Klaassen is a target. Roma isn’t the only Italian club in the running with both Napoli and Lazio showing a keen interest, while Ronald Koeman is hoping to lure him to Everton.Ajax aren’t willing to let their captain leave on the cheap, though, and will only consider bids of 25 million or more.

As I said in today's market, any mediocre players goes for 30-35M, so can definitely see Ajax getting 25-30M with multiple clubs interested. If he had scored in the EL Final & Ajax had won, there would be 35M asking price instead of 25M !

20. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    There is so much to be excited about with this Ajax team. Even without making a single signing this summer they have a team that could be very competitive in Europe (especially relative to their resources) and should win the Eredivisie. Here's what I'd like to see most for next season (assuming that Sanchez is sold).

Onana
    ???????? - de Ligt - Riedewald - Sinkgraven
    van de Beek
    de Jong - Ziyech
    Neres - Dolberg - Kluivert
    Unless Ziyech is sold and then Nouri in his place. This is the most used XI I'd like to see. But realistically speaking there's so much talent available to Ajax coming up right now they look good for the long term IMO. I'm sure they'll make at least a few signings also (they should go after Diks IMO).

21. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I don't understand this weird dislike for Tete by Bosz but the core team is pretty good. I worry Dolberg will be sold as top teams tend to stockpile all good strikers.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It goes back to the beginning of the season. Bosz found out that Sanchez was the real deal at Veltman's position and that Veltman was better at going forward than Tete. I think Bosz made a major error but the well was then poisoned. Tete's contract expires in 2018 and his agent is Raiola. There's no way that Overmars will be able to get him to extend without a promise of a guaranteed starting position. I've seen Zeefuik (the Jong Ajax RB) play some this year but don't think he is quite ready to step up. Tete will likely be sold this summer but don't know for how much.

23. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    That's a shame. I rather like Tete as a defender while Veltman is a red card waiting to happen. The latter is a useful squad player but I don't think he is good enough for a starter position.

I think the team needs one attacking fullback and one more defense oriented one. Two is too much with only a singly DM. On turnovers the defense will often end up outnumbered. Klaassen's defensive workrate compensates to an extent but he has his own limitations.

24. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree with Antario2,Defense could crumble if Sanchez and Klaassen leave. A midfield of Van Der Beek, Ziyech and De Jong to is too attacking mined and could be exposed in a high pressing game. Ajax need atleast 2 new signing, if not players who can add add grit in the team especially in that DM Area.

I think they should look at St Juste. he could well fit in the team