Peter Bosz and the New Ajax

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope that Ajax isn't serious about Neres.. kid looks like shit.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Haven't seen him and the price tag is too high. I'll be satisfied if the can get Delofeu from Everton. They cannot let el Ghazi leave unless they have a replacement.

3. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Deulofeu has gone to AC Milan.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Everton have denied this; I think the player wants to go to Milan

5. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very odd situation, Milan announced it on twitter, and it's still on the front page of BBC Football.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Strange game. Totally dysfunctional midfield on the part of Ajax yet they end up getting the narrow 0-1 victory. Two weird substitutions by Bosz. Was Sanchez injured or ill? He was having a decent match. Also, Younes rather than el Ghazi should have come off for Kluivert. Schöne redeemed himself from having a horrible match by the hard shot for the match winner. Ajax are still five points adrift but if they can win tough matches such as this one they still have a chance.

Player Ratings:

Onana (7) - some very nice saves but some kicking that reminded me of Vermeer
    Sinkgraven (5) - some timely interventions but also some poor positional play
    Viergever (7.5) - very solid all match long
    Sanchez (7) - won every ball in his direction and don't know why he was subbed off
    Veltman (6) - unconvincing at times but generally a net plus
    Schöne (5.5) - props for the game winner but the rest of his game was pretty awful
    el Capitan (4.5) - defended well and that was it for me
    Ziyech (5) - never passed up a shot, but of course that meant he didn't look for open players either
    Younes (4) - two trick pony on a day when nether trick worked
    Dolberg (4.5) - partly not his fault that nobody could pass to him but he also made it difficult to find him
    AeG7 (5.5) - thought he was playing OK and his take down of the ball in the first half was nice, too bad he bundled the shot over the cross bar
    Kluivert (5.5) - nice that his mom was in the stands for the match but he had little impact
    de Ligt (6) - on for Sanchez and kept his wits when the match was on the line
    van de Beek (NR) - on late for Ziyech and I don't think he even got a touch

Home to ADO den Haag next Sunday

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice to see Kluivert at least get 20 minutes in

2nd_striker repped this.
  8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How did Zivkovic do.

9. The idiot missed several chances to kill Ajax.

10. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're a little harsh on Kluivert. IIRC, he drew the foul that led to the goal with a nice little move on the right.

I don't get too watch Ajax much, but I thought they were disjointed yesterday, especially in the first half. A little better in the second, but both wings were poor and as team they didn't play very intelligently very often. Probably lucky to get away with a win.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert is going to be a fine player. I was surprised that he was not subbed on for Younes as el Ghazi was pretty decent. Yes the team was lucky to win and 11tegen11 stat analysis showed that Utrecht should have won the match.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A relatively easy 3-0 win over ADO with some very nice forward play 22 shots with 7 of them on goal. The back line players all had nice matches and the dysfunctional midfield continued to be dysfunctional. Special shout out for Dolberg who was pushed and grabbed all match long but worked especially hard and showed some very good ball skills. Onana's goal was really never threatened.

Why wasn't Riedewald used as a sub for either Schöne or Viergever?????

Player Ratings:

Onana (6.5) - other than a couple of sweeper keeper interventions had little to do
    Sinkgraven (7) - very fine match; didn't have to defend much but offensively was quite good
    Viergever (7.5) - a nice header that hit the crossbar and defended well
    Sanchez (7.5) - one poor give away led to a breakaway for ADO but otherwise won every intervention
    Veltman (7) - got beat one time but otherwise solid
    Schöne (5.5) - very nice free kick but was he influential beyond that? I think not.
    Ziyech (6.5) - some very nice play but too many errant passes to warrant a higher rating
    el Capitan (5) - very average game from a very average player
    Younes (7) - not nearly as selfish today but could have done better on two decent chances
    Dolberg (8) - classic center forward play and good that he's under a long term contract
    Kluivert (7.5) - Anwar who? Great play from a 17 year old; better yet, just great play
    van de Beek (6) - on for Ziyech and had some good chances
    Cassiera (6) - solid as a sub and almost got on the score sheet

On the road to Roda next Sunday

13. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Justin was brilliant today should have got a penalty though in first minute. Thought he faded a bit in 2nd half

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought the same thing about the penalty no-call. It's a 50/50 and today was not given

15. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Schone's through ball for Klaassen.. and he is offside!? my cat Judy loses it out of frustration.. this is enough - give me Donnie and Frenkie, she says

IMG_2841.JPG

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^el Capitan will never be benched. the fact that FdB continued to play him down the stretch last season and sit Bazoer was a travesty and destroyed Bazoer's confidence.

17. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kluivert looks like he's got truly elite potential. Fantastic player. I remember talking about him a bit in the youth topic and some were a bit skeptical of his potential but for me he's in the same bracket as Nouri and Bergwijn, if not better.

18. He was enjoyable to watch. But let's wait until the honeymoon period is over to see of what metal he really is made. But for now it looks good.

19. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyone know what's up with Krul?
    I notice he was not on the bench yesterday for Ajax or today for Jong Ajax..

20. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    True and i think he is being treated well, give him some nice games to start in now and maybe minutes off the bench in games. He's only 17 and i reckon age 21-23 are key for him. I want to see the kid reach the top and not go to Newcastle lol.

As for Krul I remember Bosz saying hes not completely ready or something. Guess he will go back to England next season

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is not good enough to play for Ajax. His performance in the Jong games suggest that this was a waste of money. Of course the team did not know that Onana would be a more than adequate replacement for Cillessen.

22. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    thanks guys.. De Telegraaf is now reporting that Tim Krul is on his way to Watford on loan, maybe he'll be good enough for them

23. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Ajax have signed 19 year old RW David Neres.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam